Fuzzybrain

"I've felt so so distant lately as if I were not. There's rain outside, steady winter. My heart feels like such a mixture. Shapeless, I state at her picture. I don't know her, but I miss her. Why, oh, why such things?"

"You really didn't have to pay," I say, fumbling with the bag holding the bottles firewhiskey Sirius purchased, "I have money," He ignores me as we leave the Hogs Head. The breeze from the heavy wooden door blowing loose strands of my hair into my face.

He decided we should spend our hour together bouncing between different shops; probably because it requires the least amount of conversation. "Where are we going?" I ask.

Merlin, if his goal was to make me feel like a nucence, mission succeeded.

Snowflakes fall softly to the ground and with each step I can hear another crunch of my heel against them. The villiage seems to become more and more inhabited, I thought people willingly waking up early was a myth. Everyone here is happy, what possible reason is there to be happy?

No Cordelia, just because you're a sad daft bimbo doesn't mean others are.

"Honeydukes," Sirius answers flatly. Raising a brow, "Is that alright with you?" He asks rhetorically.

I roll my eyes, "You could at least try and be nice to me yanno. I know Im a bit harsh but at least Im putting any effort in at al--AH!" My sentence is cut short by Sirius gripping my upper arm and yanking me back. Effectively pulling me out of the way of two-young boys running, chasing an owl.

"Trust me, Darling, this is me trying." The way darling rolls off his tongue making me feel...odd. Sirius drops my arm aggressively, "And will you watch where you're going? I don't want to be put into a position where I have to save your life,"

"At least you'd save me," I mutter, looking up at him.

He looks down at me. Smirks. "Not without hesitation," and we continue to Zonkos.

Sirius stops in his tracks. Eyes narrow. Jaw clenches. Chest puffs. These changes in his behavior are so discreet that no one else around us spares a second glance. Behind Sirius' eyes I see a fire of anger and hurt burning but above all, sadness.

I switch the bag from my left hand to my right, "Black? You alright?" My words come out along side some condensation from my breath. Both things rising in the air and dissapaiting.

I hate that I can tell he's upset and I hate that I care. He hasn't done anything to deserve a shred of my concern.

"Im fine," He huffs, as he begins walking again.

I stay back for a moment. Look around frantically for what may have pissed him off. My brows furrow when instead of a six-foot-four werewolf, I spot a mop of dark brown curls turning the corner of Dervish and Banges.

"Evans!" Sirius shouts.

"Yeah, yeah, i'm coming," I mutter as I begin walking again. "Don't get your panties in a twist,"

Minus a few workers, Honeydukes is empty. Sirius quickly parts ways with me as he mutters a quick I have some shopping to do, under his breath. Honeydukes is probably a shop I frequent most often. The inside of the shop is a bright yellow with comically large paintings on the wall; large shelves of more sweets than you can imagine. The bright packaging with fun names had always easily tricked me into risk of high blood sugar. I look to my right and spot Sirius picking things up, examining them, then sliding them into the pocket of his leather coat.

Scoffing I walk over to him, he's lucky I caught him before the store worker did.

"Never would've pegged you as a kleptomaniac," I mutter lowly, as I pick up a package of chocolate frogs.