Like real people do

"I will not ask you where you came from. I will not ask and neither should you. Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips. We should just kiss, like real people do."

SIRIUS BLACK

The late-afternoon light barrels through the curtain-less windows. Screw Peter for setting fire to them.

My eyes open grudgingly and the intense pounding in my head causes me to roll over and puke. Dust particles dance slowly in the sunlit areas of the dorm and the silence of the room means everyone's asleep or gone.

I take my wand off the nightstand and mutter a cleaning charm, swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

The bathroom door is ajar and I hear the faucet running. I want to ask who's in there but the fucking mind boggling throbbing in my skull prevents me from doing so.

Lightly, I push it open and it's him.
Of course it's him; just him and I alone in this dorm.

Remus momentarily stops brushing his teeth and looks at me from the mirror. Wordlessly, he pulls open the mirror—ripping his reflection away from me—and pulls a Pepperup potion off the middle shelf.

He hands it to me, again without the use of words. His actions still speak volumes.

I take it from him and drink it, a 'thank you' feels unnecessary.

I want to know where he fucking disappeared to last night. Remus never leaves us during a party, he knows how reckless we can get.

In some sad way, I already know.

Reaching past him, I grab my toothbrush and paste. What are the odds that Evans leaves not three minutes after he does? Right after she kisses Marlene at that.

It's fucking down right, wrong.

I won't dare to mess up the delicate understanding Remus and I have recently come to by throwing petty remarks at him.

That doesn't mean I won't question him about it.

"Where did you go last night?" I ask casually,
making sure my voice doesn't give off any emotion other than plain curiosity.

Remus rinses his mouth and places his toothbrush back in the holder, "I was with Cordelia." The words sound distasteful. Not towards her, but towards me.

He seems disinterested in my presence as a whole.

Everything feels so tense, our friendship has never been in such a state.

"Remus, please talk to me," I beg.
I've never been one to beat around the bush.

Remus pushes past me, exiting the bathroom, "I am right now. I have been." He says dryly.

I spit the foaming paste into the sink, "You know that's not what I mean."

He shrugs out of his white, thermal long sleeve and begins looking through his trunk. For a cable knit sweater, I reckon.

"Well what do you want me to say, Sirius?"

I toss my toothbrush on the counter and rest one of my arms at the top of the bathroom threshold. My shirt rises, showing a bit of my lower abdomen as my plaid pyjama pants are hanging low on my hips. "Just...I just want things to go back to normal."

"Normal?" Remus scoffs as he turns to face me. His eyes do a once-over of my figure so fast I almost miss it, but I don't.