Daddy issues

"Tell me something that i'll forget, and you might have to tell me again. It's crazy what you'd do for a friend."
__________________

sexual content. viewer discretion advised.

REGULUS BLACK

She found me again, about an hour or two later in our corner of the library. Cordelia's face was splotchy and her eyes were kind of puffy and I could tell she'd been crying. She asked me to talk, and when I motioned for her to take her seat across from me she'd said, no, somewhere more private.

Now we sit on the sofa in my dorm. Well, I'm sitting at least. Cordelia is walking around, observing everything, touching everything. Picking up small objects just to idly set them back down. "How come you get your own dormitory? Does it not make the others angry?"

I watch her avoid my eyes. Avoid the conversation she really wants to have. But I'll play her game. "Because I wanted one, and if someone has a problem with it they can talk to me about them self,"

Cordelia sets down a bottle of cologne on my vanity and looks at me from the mirrors reflection. "Has anyone? Talked to you about it?"

I kick my legs up onto the small coffee table and rest my arms behind my head "No."

She purses her bottom lip and nods.

I don't like when people don't get to the point.

I hate nervous rambling.

I can't stand procrastination.

It fills me with dread, the fear of not knowing what's about to come. Just get to the fucking point, I find myself wanting to scream at everyone. All the time. Just get it fucking over with, I find myself screaming internally. Every day.

But Cordelia makes it impressive, like a skilled artist showing off their talent. They way she can deflect so beautifully, even though each brush stroke is so transparent. I would let her take her time with anything.

"You're acting weird." I say nonchalantly, closing my eyes to picture her expressions myself.

"No, how?"

A smile creeps onto my lips, "Oh, so you wanted to talk privately about my privilege," I know her reaction. I would be able to hear her response if I was deaf.

What? No! You're ridiculous.

"No, Regulus. What? Don't be stupid," She mutters, and I smile again. I was close enough.

"Then sit down and talk to me," It's not a demand, my voice is calm and clear. Sometimes I think Cordelia can only hear words when spoken loudly or multiple times. Sit down. Sit down. Sit down, I should say. But when I roll my head to the left and my eyes flutter open, she's already there. "Why were you crying?"

Cordelia brings her legs up so she can sit on her knees. She speaks as she adjusts her skirt, "After I saw you, I went to see Dumbledore. To break the bond between Remus and I,"

"Bond...?" I trail off, confused.

"Yes," she says, now fidgeting with the ring on her finger. "When a werewolf bites someone, that someone is bonded to them. It can be feelings of love, lust, admiration or even just respect." I bite my lip, hanging on to her every last word. "I went to Dumbledore to break it, because it wasn't happening naturally. As it should've been,"