Something in the way

"mmm-mmm something in the way,"

I stand in front of my large mirror, examaning my body. The morning sun hits my black hair, making it a deep brown shade. I glance over at Iris, fast asleep. I assume she returned to the room late. I woke up alone, meaning she came back after Remus ducked out at some point.

I look at my hips and notice slight finger-tip shaped bruises. I gently press against them and wince. I check my neck, there is a small purple mark under my ear. I always thought the night I lost my virginity would be filled with romance and love. This seems much more fitting for me. As I lift my legs out of my sweatpants, I groan at the severe throbbing between my thighs. Memories of last night surface, but I avert my eyes from the mirror before I can replay the scenes again.

I put on my blue and silver uniform from the floor—not even bothering to look for another outfit—and head out the door earlier than I ever have just to have tea with Lily at hogsmeade.

I suck in the cold air of the great hall and spot a few people talking, such as Amos.

"Oi, where's the fire? Because there's no other way Cordelia Evans would be out of bed before eight AM." Amos beams from across his table. I smile at him and grab a bowl as I sit down.

"Good morning," I greet as I pour cereal, "What are you doing awake so early?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Amos responds, swinging his leg over the bench and facing me to show I have his full attention now. "Some of the guys and I are studying for N.E.W.T.s before quidditch practice. Im gonna lose my fucking mind," He huffs and I chuckle. "And what might you be doing?"

"Hogsmeade with Lily, I have to pick something up for Ris." I say as I shovel a spoonful of Magix cereal down my throat. "Think we're going to the three broomsticks but it may not be open so I don't know." A piece of cereal falls out of my mouth.

"Charming," He glares at me. I nod in agreement and he laughs quietly. "How is she? Iris?"

"Talk to her yourself," I suggest.

"Ive tried, she won't give me the time of day! She's always flirting with some bloke or making up excuses to get away from me," He complains. I see Lily enter the great hall from behind Amos' shoulder, suddenly Im nervous.

"So? You hurt her. She doesnt owe you anything." I say, waving my spoon in his face. Milk flies into his eye.

Wiping his face, "But you just said—" He whines, pureblood, aristotic accent prominent. I hold my hand up to his face, cutting off his sentence. I'm obviously on Iris' side.

Lily approaches the table wearing dark bell-bottom jeans and a pink puffer coat. Red hair perfectly french braided, white scarf around her neck. "Hi! Are you ready to go?" She asks cheerfully, as she leans her hands against the table. Amos chokes on his bacon when he hears the tone of her voice. I glance down to her right hand and spot a
gold promise ring with the initials J+L engraved into it. Looking back to Amos he sends me a glare that says 'Good fucking luck,'

I give her a tight lipped smile. "Ready as ill ever be," I say in a honeyed voice.

And with that, we get up and exit the great hall.

Lily and I have always walked fast as a result of long legs. She's walking at her usual pace, so its a little painful to try and maintain the same speed as her. I wince every two minutes because of how numb my legs feel. It's as if I did a workout last night.

"Not able to keep up?" Lily jokes. She runs her hand over a braid, smoothing the flyaways. The sun hits her skin as we exit into the courtyard, taking a deep breath in and out. "It really is lovely out today,"