Hot rod

"But we both know the way it's gonna go. In the same way, maybe i'm not all that you thought. And we don't move like we used to do. In the same way, maybe you're not such a hot rod."

TWO WEEKS UNTIL FULL MOON

Professors always take so long to get to the point. I'm seated next to Iris, my hands drumming lightly on the table as Slughorn drones on.

We are starting a new project and I should be listening but I understand directions better if I read them anyways.

My mind feels like its a million miles away. In fact, my whole body does.

All these people around me, but its as if none of them can tell I'm here.

Or that I have this huge, life changing secret. I'm a real life monster seated amongst them, they should be terrified but they can't be. They don't know.

No one can ever know.

Ravenclaw shares this class with Gryffindor and thankfully it's the only one. I couldn't handle being surrounded by such arrogant toe-rags for more than my required hour.

"Isn't that right, Ms. Evans?" Slughorn asks.

I look around dazed, every ones eyes are on me. Subconsciously, I sink down into my seat.

"Uhh yes, exactly right. Brilliant, Sir!" I answer with a forced smile. A few chuckles are heard from the Gryffindor side but the Ravenclaw's don't seem so amused.

He sighs dramatically and throws his arms up in the air, "This is exactly what I mean folks," he motions his arm towards me, "you lot are terrible at paying attention!"

I feel my cheeks heat up, refusing to let anyone see my blush I look at the desk. A few girls snicker at the very front of the class, they're Lilys mates.

"My solution is—" the druken old man begins to circle the class, "—to assign new partners for this assignment and see how it goes."

The whole class groans collectively, what are we first years? He proceeds to tell us he will be mixing houses for this project and sends glares to the back of the class where the Marauders are seated when they (mainly Black and Potter) protest.

Why would they allow all four in the same classroom?

Slughorn lets us correct our homework from the previous night with our current partners while try's to find suitable new ones.

"This is fucking shit," I huff quietly to Iris.

"Tell me about it, with my luck ill be paired with that creep McLaggen." She snorts.

I chuckle and take her paper to copy her work. Since  the night I was been bitten, I haven't gotten much work of my own done. Iris says it's because i've been either too high or hungover to do it.

"Black really is a fit fellow, huh?" She whispers a few minutes later. I raise my eyes and see her studying Sirius with James, whispering and pointing to Lily and her friend.

Sirius Black is definitely the most gorgeous boy to walk these school grounds, but his arrogance ruins it all.

Even when we were younger and his best friend had started pining for my cousin, we never really got along.

He thinks he walks on water because no matter how poorly he treats a girl or acts there's always another ready for him.

Too popular and charming to stay in trouble, and strong enough to flee from a troubling home.

'where we are now' remus lupin & regulus blackOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara