Show me how

"My thoughts err far away, my heart fell to love again. (Show me how) I'm turnin' around, I'm having visions of you. Then I understand, the friend i'm dreaming of is far away. And doesn't feel my love, ooh, but I do, I do."

"Well this is it," Remus motions around the shrieking shack.

It's a certainly...a room. An incredibly dusty, disordered room, dimly lit by the candles mounted to the walls. Paper is peeling from the walls; there are stains all over the floor; every piece of furniture is broken as though somebody's smashed it. The windows and doors are all boarded up. There's a chair in the foyer all moth-eaten with one of its legs ripped off. It smells of dirt and mildew, I find it oddly comforting.

Remus quickly gathers some broken wood off the floor and tosses it into a corner, "I-I know it's a wreck—not really worth having to pass the Whomping willow,"

"Remus," I say gently. He stops fumbling around.

"No need to tidy up, I'm grateful just to be here. It's perfect, thank you."

"Right," He sighs, "We will probably end up with the others after we transition but it's likely we won't remember in the morning."

I nod, "How are you so calm?"

Remus shrugs, "Eleven years of practice,"

It's clear he's too tired to talk and only doing so now out of politeness. I take this opportunity to comply with the ache in my legs and sit on a tattered, weaved, area rug by the broken chair.

I'm doing everything in my power not to cry. Counting all the shards of glass that surround me. Holding my breath. Recalling the first paragraph of 'Hogwarts a history'. Every and anything in my power.

A snapping sound causes me to jump and see Remus who's still standing, leaned against the wall, with one foot against it. My face is probably flushed, based on how warm I feel and I know my eyes look sore from trying to keep tears in.

"Just snapped a piece of chocolate," Remus uses his foot to push himself off the wall and accompanies me on the floor. "Want some?" He waves the bar in my face.

I chuckle and push it away lightly, "No thanks, Remmy,"

He shakes his head and groans, "Dreadful that name. Absolutely dreadful."

I laugh again, more quietly this time, and pick off the balls of lint on my left arm. They seem to have found a home attached to the wool of my jumper.

"I like the way it sounds when you say it, though,"

My head spins around to Remus, too fast, causing a burning pain to shoot up my neck. His face is close to mine. Very close.

"I'll be sure to say it more then," I breathe out.

I won't break this eye contact. Physically can't. His hazel eyes are keeping mine glued in place. "Please do," Remus smiles, but it's not his regular one. It's more of a smirk if anything. Top lip pulled past his teeth, revealing his pearly, pointed, canines. It's devilish.

I have something to say but for the life of me I can't remember what, "Um—"

"—I was impressed with the way you stood up to Sirius. It was wicked."

I roll my eyes now, "Bout time someone gave him a reality check,"

"Hey, I've tried," Remus defends, chucking softly.

I can't stop the question that's falling from my lips, "Do you think you and Sirius will end up together?"

His laughter comes to a short-stop as he considers it. Rolling his tongue on the inside of his cheek. "He says one thing and does another but it's hard to give up on something you've wanted for so long. So, I don't know anymore,"