Treehouse

"Do not enter is written on the doorway. Why can't everyone just go away? Except you. You can stay."
_______________________

"I think it's gonna rain again," Regulus says; staring up at the sky; we've wandered around Hogwarts all night without a destination in mind.

One minute inside the castle, the next outside and repeating the process over and over again. Just enjoying each other's company before our usual petty arguments erupt, and one of decides to leave.

It's now early morning and I expect people will be waking up shortly. I had to wondered whether I should continue this or not, being Regulus' friend and everything. Ultimately, I decided I should.

Sure, I'd made up with Lily, and Remus' friends. But they are not my own.

This—this hole in my chest seems to be welding itself shut inch by inch everyday now. I miss Remus and I miss Iris, but i'm no longer in pain anymore. I'm no longer inhaling poison air. I can breathe.

I don't know who to thank for this.

It's almost as if Regulus jinxed the sky to start spitting tiny, light raindrops on us when he had questioned the weather.

First a small leak, then in a split second the clouds open up as if someone had turned their tap of full force.

Sure to wash all the fresh snow off the ground.

We are too far away from the castle to seek immediate shelter. Originally deciding to attempt a walk around the entirety of the Black Lake, taking us longer than expected. We're awhile away from taking shelter anywhere other than under the trees. Which don't do much.

We pull our robes over our head and start bolting back where we came from. The absorbing fabric soaking through quickly as rain drops violently bounce off the ground.

The lake is amazingly loud with the sound of the rain falling heavily against its surface.

The sounds mimics a thousand tiny pebbles being dropped from a height onto the stone floor.

"Is the rain this loud in your dorm?" I shout above the sound of the weather. My voice sounds strained and I'm already beginning to feel out of breath while running back around the lake towards the castle.

"No, the sound is muffled underwater," Regulus voices back loudly. He's given up on trying to protect himself from nature, his curtained hair sticks to his face and falls flat and straight.

"This way, hurry," He says and grabs my hand, pulling me down a small overgrown path, through a short cut.

Suddenly we're finally inside the castle. Regulus leads me down the narrow corridors as we quickly approach a iron door.

He opens it with a flick of his wand and to my surprise we are in the Slytherin quarters.

We stand in front of the Slytherin entrance for a while chucking and smiling at the sight of us both. Drenched like drowned rats. As we quiet down we can hear the once familiar sound of many voices echoing inaudibly, once again, through the maze that is the castle. "Sounds like everyone's gone to breakfast," Regulus says still smiling and shaking his hair from rain water like an animal.

"I can't go like this!" I laugh, motioning to my clothes. A pool of water starting to form at the bottom of our feet.

"Stay here." He says and then slips into the Slytherin common room leaving me in the corridor alone.

After a few minutes he returns with a towel, dry hair and a change of clothes. In one arm he has some more clothes and in the other a small hand towel.