Black out days

"Tell me all the ways to stay away."
____________________________

Sexual content, viewer discretion advised

I wake to all the curtains around my bed drawn and Regulus sitting at the foot. His elbows rest on his knees and his head hangs in his hands. I prop myself up and rub sleep from my eyes. "Reg?" I yawn, "What time is it?"

He doesn't turn to face me. "Just past seven-thirty. Sorry I didn't wake you for breakfast, I thought you should sleep,"

Furrowing my brows, "S'okay," I pull the blankets off of my legs and crawl up behind him. I wrap my arms around his neck and peck him on the cheek. "Good morning," I can't help but grin.

Regulus doesn't grin back, instead, he offers me a strained tight-lipped smile. "Morning, Sunshine,"

Oh no.

Oh no.

Oh no.

"Everything okay?" I ask nonchalantly though my insides are a tornado.

Regulus grabs hold of my arm and rests his head back against my chest. He sighs. "Can we spend the day together?"

"Of course, I have a free period after—"

"No," Regulus cuts me off quickly. "I mean all day. Skip school and go somewhere,"

I scoff, removing my arms from around him. "Regulus I can't miss anymore school, besides where would we go?" I can't keep my hands to myself for long. Before I know it, I'm twirling one of his curls around my finger.

I feel him shrug "I dunno, you pick,"

"No, because we have school."

"Please?"

"No,"

"Please?"

"No,"

Regulus pulls away and turns to face me. I study the harsh curves of his jaw. The intensity of his eyebrows. The storm clouds in his eyes. Who am I to deny anything someone this beautiful asks of me? "Please?"

I'm a bit breathless. "Okay,"

Finally, he smiles, but once again it's weighted. "Any ideas about where we can spend the day?"

I think for a long moment. "My family owns a small cottage on the beach? I'm sure it's empty this time of year, I could apperate us?"

"Perfect,"

Tilting my chin up, "Nothings perfect," I use his own words against him.

"I lied," A smirk toys with the end of his lips. "You are."

I blush. "You're disgusting. Let's go,"

☽☽☽

The air is thick with the smell of sea-salt, so much so that I can almost taste it. The sky is overcast and about twenty meters away, perched on a cliff above the ocean, the cottage sits.