Wilted flower

A/N: I'm very sorry if you were uncomfortable with remus being intoxicated when him and cordelia had sex. It's part of the continuous theme im trying to portray where their situation doesn't collide with any of the 'typical relationship' norms. It also went to show how differently both of them truly view/value the relationship and eachother. Lastly, I wanted to thank all my new readers, i've been in a bit with a slump with this story and seeing that people actually enjoy it has definitely helped me a lot. Shout out to those here from tiktok and special shout out to those who have been here since day one .                  
Thanks besties <3

"Sitting next to you and I don't know what to say. But silence speaks louder so i'll call it touché. You're playing with my hair and you try to make me smile. Your gentle actions make me run wild. One day you're interested and one you're not. Why can't I just peer into your thoughts?"

My feet slap against the flagstone floor and hair flies into my mouth as I run to my dormitory. Have to find Iris. Have to tell Iris. My thoughts race at a thousand miles per minute. That didn't really happen, did it? I shove four third year girls out of my way as I enter the ravenclaw common room. "Sorry!" I shout, not looking back.

I stumble up the steps to the girls dormitory and burst through the door. "MERLIN!? Woman have you gone mad?" Iris screeches.

"HE ASKED ME TO THE YULE BALL" I shout. "We-we had sex-last night and he asked me-to-the-ball," I breathe out between pants. I place my hands on my knees and hunch over. For the love of all things good, I have to stop smoking and start running.

"WHAT? NO!" She shrieks, throwing the magazine she was reading at the wall.

"YES!" I choke out.

"FUCK YEAH BAYBE!" A male voice cheers.

I raise my eyes to the back corner of the dorm and surely enough, Amos is laying on my bed. The sun that poured in from the window shines on him and for a second I forget who he is entirely. No one feature makes Amos so handsome, though his eyes come close. People often speak of the colour of eyes, as if that were of importance, yet his would be beautiful in any shade. From them comes an intensity, an honesty, a gentleness.

Perhaps this is what is meant by a gentleman, not one of weakness or trite politeness, but one of great spirit and noble ways. What he is, what is beautiful about him, comes from deep within; genuine kindness.

I look between the two of them, confused. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"He was looking for you and I couldn't get him to leave," Iris deadpans as she glares at him.

He jumps up from my bed and walks towards her. "When are we going to talk about this, Iris? I miss you," Amos mummers with pleading eyes.

I watch as she freezes for a second, completely stops short. A swell of emotions pass through her glossy eyes and for once I know exactly how Iris feels. She can't move, she can't breathe, she can't think when he talks. Chances are if Amos keeps looking at her like that she'll forgive him right now. But that's not an Iris thing to do.

Her face is stoic, cold as she stares at him. "Not right now. Cordelia is going to tell me about her boy and you are going to leave. Right Deails?"

"Yes," Amos looks at me in disbelief, "Go," I urge looking from him to the door.

"You can't be serious," He scoffs, "Since when am I left out of these conversations?"

"Now Amos!" Iris and I yell at the same time.