I think I like when it rains

"I think I like when it rains.
Call up some friends and have some fun.
Oh lord I wish things were the same, nowadays.
We'd go back to your place and we're done."

DAY TWO
DECEMBER 24, 1978

"I can't believe it's raining on Christmas eve," I groan, sitting on Lily's bay window. My focus shifts from the sheeting rain to the lonely droplets that roll down the window in random patterns.

"That's England for you," Lily mutters, flipping through a book. She and I are sharing a room, so naturally she gave me her bed while she sleeps on a blow up mattress on the floor. Truly, she insisted.

I turn to face her and she's dressed in her usual style. Red hair flowing down her long-sleeved white shirt and bell bottoms. My heart sinks with jealousy for a moment and I wish I looked like her. I get up to grab a cigarette from my bag. "Screw England."

"Cordelia, what the hell are you doing!" Lily jumps up from the ground and snatches the cigarette from my mouth. She pinches her nose dramatically as she goes and flicks it out the window.

"What? We can't smoke in here?" I ask, confused.

"Not unless you want me to be grounded for the rest of our holiday," She replies, resuming her reading position.

Going back to sit at the bay window, I frown. My mother never cared if I smoked around her. Perhaps that's isn't a good thing though. A few minutes of
silence pass and my brain drifts off to the dream I had on the train.

Well, flashback.

It's been so long since I've had one, why now? And what does it mean?

One thing the stranger said rings in my head louder then everything else. 'No, that's just the sunshine.'

Could it have been- no, absolutely no way. I almost laugh at myself for almost considering such a thing.

Onto more pressing matters, I miss Remus.

Though today is the first day i've spent away from Remus, it's enough to make me restless and the hours are beginning to drag on.

Still, i'll endure this break without complaining because—for one thing— I know that'd be rude to Lily, and—for another— if all goes as planned i'll see him for new years.

"Cordelia?" Lily suddenly says.

"Hmm?"

"What are you and Remus?" She asks. I face her quickly with wide eyes and she blushes, "I only ask because you two seem like you've taken quite a liking to each other. And well, I have no clue if you're dating or what! It's driving me mad!" Lily chuckles.

I consider for a long moment.

I have no fucking clue.

"We are...more than friends, but less than lovers." I answer.

"Are you sure about that? Because he spent so
long searching for your Christmas gift, that I was almost certain—"

"SHIT! Lily, I didn't get him a gift!" My heart begins to race, how could have I forgotten? I got one for almost everyone else.