The good side

"I got the good side of things, left you with both of the rings. My fingers danced and swayed in the breeze, the change in the wind took you down to your knees. I got the good side of you, sent it out into the blue. The people danced to the sound of your heart, the world sang along to it falling apart."
____________________

Sexual content. Viewer discretion advised.

"Hello, Sirius. May I come in?"

Sirius stares a bit blankly at me before shaking his head slightly, clearing his own thoughts like an Etch a Sketch. Like me. A rouge curl falls onto his forehead as a result.

His eyes have a maroon tint underneath them, bruising from holding such heavy baggage. The black tee he wears hugs to his toned arms, and his pyjama pants lay low on his waist.

He doesn't look well, but as always, he looks good.

Sirius steps out of the way, pulling the door completely open to let me in. Silent. Deadly.

I enter the dorm, eyes immediately darting towards Remus' bed. It's neatly made, the only part of the room that is perfectly in order. Besides the few chocolate wrappers that litter his nightstand.

I remove my gaze. Focus back on Sirius who's only a few feet away.

He clears his throat into his hand. "Would you like to um—sit down...or something?" And he motions to his bed.

"I don't want to go anywhere near that fucking mattress," I snap harshly, unintentionally. He raises his brows, probably completely unaware of my reasoning.

"Why are you here?"

"Because I have things I need to get off my chest, and i'm sure you do too."

"I don't think you want to get into this."

"I do."

Sirius scoffs a bit, biting his lip in amusement. "Well go on then," He stalks towards me,
closing the distance. Looking down at me,
jaw clenching. "Tell me how you really feel, Delia."

I gulp, refusing to rip my eyes away from his.

The air—so thick it's impossible to breathe. All the dark curtains in the room are drawn, the only light pouring from the crack of the bathroom door.

How is it possible they are the exact same colour as his brothers?

The sliver of light illuminates his stone face. "I wanted to ask you why, Sirius."

This startles him, the way he steps back informing me of so.

"Why?" Quickly the surprise fizzles into confusion. "Why what?"

"Why do you hate me?" I whisper. Not sure if he heard me, not sure if I care. "What have I ever done to you that's so terrible?"

Sirius crosses his arms. "You're dense for a Ravenclaw." After staring me down for several long moments he sighs and goes to sit on his bed. "I don't hate you, I envy you."

Now it's my turn to be surprised. "E-envy me? Why?" I choke out.

"Remus and I were in love you know." He mutters, I stop breathing. "It was toxic, and it was tainted, but it was love. It was love in the best way I could manage. The best way I knew how. And you—" Sirius stops himself short.