Bad moon rising

"I see the bad moon rising, I see trouble on the way. I see earthquakes and lighting, I see bad times today."

SIRIUS BLACK

"Moony, I don't understand why you want to talk to her all of a sudden." James says with his eyes roaming around the hall, looking for Lily no doubt.

"We used to be her friends" Remus deadpans.

I look at him, ever since Slughorn paired the two up he's been talking about her often. Through one of the large windows behind me, the sun shines directly in Remus' eyes.

"Four years ago." I inform him.

He shoots me a glare and I try and decipher his eye colour.
It's a mix of gold, green and brown.

"Her mate Hawthrop is starting at you, Padfoot" James tells me.

I run my fingers through my hair and send her my signature smirk. She smirks back at me and holds my gaze until Evans says something to her.

"She's fit, but part of the sacred 28." I tell them

"So what?" Peter asks

"So I just got away from my Sytherin family's death grip," I sip my juice, "talking to me would only make her life harder, anyhow."

James shakes his head and turns from the Ravenclaw table, "Shame Lily stopped talking to Cordelia, she seems like she knows how to have fun"

I want to scoff, all she knows is getting wasted and ignoring the world.

"She seems like a bit of a train wreck to me," Peter mumbles through a mouth full of the last chocolate muffin. I nod and point to him in agreement.

"First of all, I wanted one you fat arse—" Remus eyes pete's muffin, "— second she's just going through something. I can sense it..." He trails off looking at her.

I don't remember anything about Cordelia other than her natural ability to make people like her and her nonchalant attitude when they didn't.

In first year, she convinced Lily to hang out with us by agreeing to get James to stop flirting. Secretly, she was plotting a date for the two the whole time.

By doing this, she automatically gained James friendship.
After that Lily and Cordelia became the first girls to ever hang out with us.

We never bonded as a duo though, so when Lily cut her off it didn't affect me much.

Lily never told us that we had to stop seeing her, we (James and I)  just assumed we were supposed too. Remus was still insufferably shy so even though he protested it, he stopped talking to her as well.

Now she just parties and hangs out with her two mates, not a care in the world.

"Just because your wolfie senses are tingling doesn't mean you have to do something about it" I say bluntly.

He looks at me in disbelief and rolls his eyes "you're such a git sometimes, Sirius"

Wait is he actually angry?

"Oh c'mon—moony don't be like that I was only kidding—" I try but he cuts my off

"I'm going to speak with her" he mutters as he stands up.

"To say what?" James asks

"No clue" he says as he heads toward her table.

James snickers as he unwraps a blueberry muffin. Peter and I share confused glances as his small laughs increase.

"What is it prongs?" Pete asks

"It's padfoot," he looks from Peter to me, "don't tell me your jealous of Evans" James accuses.

"I'm not, why would I be?" I respond cooly.
Internally there is something panicking, I don't know what or why.

"Hey!" He points a finger in my face, "Don't try and play it cool with me"

I glance down and see his elbow sitting in his strawberry yogurt. I roll my eyes, my bestfriend is a twit sometimes.

"It's okay that Remus wants to make other friends," Petey says.

She technically isn't another friend she's an old friend.

"Yeah and at the end of the day it always comes down to the four of us—" he looks down, "aw shite! I got my arm in the yogurt again!" James whines

"Thank you for your sentiments guys," I coo. "But we have real issues to discuss"

James stands up abruptly and hops on the bench, no one is phased. He looks around the hall and sits back down.
"you're right, Lily not being here in the morning is a drag" He sighs.

I reach across the table and smack him on the side of the head.
"Ow!"
"I mean the full moon coming up."

Last full moon Remus ran from us and we couldn't find him for an eventful 30 minutes. Another wolf attacked me while he was gone and i'm certain it was Greyback. Thank merlin James was able to help me get him off before he could sink a bite.

"Okay Sirius," James puts his head on his hand, "tell me how you would like to tell Remus the werewolf that turned him at age five, was out there? and attacked you while he was gone? do you know how guilty he'll feel?" he challenges.

"Uhh I don't think we have too," Peter says to James tossing the Daily Prophet at us.

FENRIR GREYBACK ESCAPES MINISTRY OFFICIALS CUSTODY AND IS SPOTTED AT HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCH CRAFT AND WIZARDRY.
After being arrested for attacking seven children in the Essex county he escaped ministry custody by biting two guards and officials.

We received word from an anonymous source, he was spotted at Hogwarts a week later on the full moon night of September 22nd 1977.

Upon investigative research, it has been brought to light a student was in fact attacked and bitten. We can only assume that this is Greybacks doing.

While we have no information on who the student is, it's more than likely the schools headmaster Albus Dumbledore, will continue to allow them to attend the magical school.
Will the school so many wizards know and love ever be the same now that a half-breed roams the halls?

I groan and throw my head back, "he's going to be so fucking pissed we didn't tell him."

James is still eyeing the newspaper curiously with furrowed brows. "Pads, you weren't bitten though," He states.

"What?"

"It says this student was bitten, you weren't. And, all three of us watched Greyback flee the grounds after fighting him off."

I could tell whatever theory was flying around James head wasn't a good one. The thing I want to know is, who the hell was bitten?

"That doesn't mean anything, he probably just attacked the other student before Sirius," Peter suggest.

James glances at us both then back to the paper looking uneasy. "Yeah," he forces a small smile,"i'm sure you guys are right."

Then why does something feel so wrong?

This is happening meanwhile, the chapter before this btw.

Thanks for the support you guys give me lol reading your comments make me so happy and motivate me to write better and more.

Song: Bad moon rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival