Just like a movie

"Don't ever care and the rest is hidden now. Could it be that we are just the same? Or can it be that, can it be that? I don't wanna wait, not anymore. Do you see straight through them? I don't wanna wait, not anymore. Well, you see straight through me."

Sexual content. Viewer discretion is advised.

DAY ONE
DECEMBER 23, 1978

"Ready?" Remus asks, watching me fasten my trunk shut.

It's officially the start of the winter holidays and I must say, Remus Lupin helping me get my bags is an interesting way to kick it off. He woke me up and forced me out of the comfort of his warm bed five minutes short of six AM, all of the sake of "not being late."

I let out an exhausted sigh, the sensation similar to water filling my lungs starting to return. My chest sinks into my stomach when I realize what it is. "The full moon is coming," I've been so wrapped up in all my minimal issues that I completely forgot.

Mood swings and near constant fatigue, here I come.

Remus cast a quick charm on my bag, making it extremely light before he hands it off to me. "I know, but that's still almost two weeks away. Try not to worry about that right now,"

I begin to walk out of the Ravenclaw dormitory, taking one last look before my departure. I will never feel as comfortable anywhere else as I do here, not even my own home. I haven't even left and I already feel like something is missing.

"Fine. Then i'll just worry about seeing my aunt and uncle for the first time in years. Petunia too," I mutter.

God I hope she isn't as dreadful as she used to be.

"Or you could just not worry about anything at all," He says with a shrug, grinning, before we exit my common room.

I can't help but smile back, "Well that doesn't sound like me at all," I tease.

"You know what's not like you? I haven't seen you light a spliff in a while,"

"Ahh you've noticed," I say, actively avoiding disgusted gazes by passing Slytherins, "Well it hasn't been that long but i'm trying to refrain from all intoxicating substances for a while."

Remus glances at me but continues walking, "Why?"

Because you, Remus Lupin, get me high enough.

Because you, Remus Lupin, have gotten me addicted.

"Just feel like it," I reply nonchalantly.

We finally reach the great hall, where we're supposed to be meeting our friends before boarding the train.  As I stand besides Remus looking at the large double doors, there's a sadness coursing through my veins. After we part ways i'll most likely only see him at James' new years party and on the full moon. The latter sounding more bearable.

I huff and push the doors open. Remus and I are both shocked to see our friend groups sitting at the same table. Talking. Normally. There aren't assigned seats during the holidays but this is something I would never expect.

On one side of the table is James with Lily sitting to his right. On James' left side sits Sirius who's accompanied by Iris. On the other side of the table is Amos and Peter, who both look less than pleased with Sirius. Perhaps we should start a club.

"Uh-Hello," I greet them skeptically as I take a seat next to Amos. Remus sits across from me, next to Lily.

"What's uh, what's going on here?" Remus asks slowly, eyes looking all over.