Just the two of us

"To make those rainbows in my mind when I think of you sometime and I wanna spend some time with you. Just the two of us. We can make it if we try, just the two of us."

Sexual content. Viewer discretion is advised.

YULE BALL
NARRARTOR

Iris finishes straightening her hair, hovering over Cordelia's shoulder and their eyes meet in the mirror. "You look beautiful."

She gives her a smile and reaches up to squeeze Iris' hand. "Thank you,"

"Are you sure you're not angry that i'm going with Sirius?" Iris asks, pulling out her own dress and beginning to change. It's a lovely maroon color with a silver shimmer running along the train, complementing her fair skin perfectly.

"I promise you I don't mind, if anything i'm just pissed you didn't tell me about you two sooner!" Cordelia tells her as she fastens her earrings. If anything she's relieved, Iris has something to focus on and maybe this means the days of worrying about Sirius and Remus are officially behind her.

Iris frowns as she motions for her to come and zip her dress, "I didn't want you to hate me,"

Cordelia wraps her arms around Iris, hugging her from behind. "I could never,"

Iris scoffs and pushes her arms off, "Don't get all soft on me now Delia," She spins around to face her, "And I would hope not because I bought you a dress!"

Cordelia's jaw goes slack as she stare at her. "Iris why," she groans. "I already got myself a dress," It's incredibly simple and cheap, but still wearable.

Iris moves to grab a gown bag from her closet. "Shut up and go change."

She hesitantly takes the bag from Iris' hold and walks towards the bathroom to change. She's a bit nervous to be honest, this gown will probably be the most expensive thing she'll ever wear. Cordelia lets out a sigh of relief upon taking the dress out. Iris had it tailored so it covered up her back sufficiently, probably having all the times she'd complained about her scars in mind.

The corset is a bit difficult to manage when trying to tie the back of it with only a mirror for help, but she tightens the laces with her wand and lets out a breath. Beauty is pain. Still, as she looks at herself in the mirror she can't help but smile. She feels like a princess.

As she steps out of the bathroom shes met with a gasp from Iris and she shifts on her feet. "Is it bad?" Cordelia asks, feeling insecurity begin to bubble in her stomach.

Iris clasps her hands together and squeals, eyeing her from head to toe. "I outdid myself."

☽☽☽

Lounging in a chair, Remus lazily flips through a book while the boys fuss over either their hair or their suits. James is changing his shoes for the third time, not being able to decide which leather will go best with the rest of his outfit.

His eyes glance at Sirius, who is fidgeting with his tie. He's been tense ever since he found out Cordelia was over, which is a bit annoying but Remus supposed it was reasonable. Sirius always hated when she came over.  Is that why is he taking her best friend to the ball?

Despite himself, Remus frowned a bit.

Sirius is still here, he always is.

With the shake of his head, Remus stands up and fixes his cufflinks, smoothing out his all black suit.

Just then Peter walks in, a slight annoyed look on his features. "Stupid fucking tie," He grunts, shutting the door behind him with a kick. Peters tie is wrapped around his neck in a messy knot.