Iris

"You're the closest to heaven that i'll ever be, and I don't want to go home right now. And all I can taste is the moment, and all I can breathe is your life. When sooner or later, it's over, I just don't want to miss you tonight."

This chapter is very fast paced.

Vacation is officially over. I can tell by the way older students look at the train somberly, and the younger ones jump up and down giddy to get back to Hogwarts.

I think the end of holiday is having an effect on me as well, this morning I felt glued to my bed. Lily had to threaten to hex me to get me up, not wanting to listen to my theories about why today is cursed.

"Boo!" I gasp as someone shakes my shoulders from behind. The voice is a dead giveaway to who the culprit is though.

"Fucking hell, Amos," I exhale a heavy breath. Amos turns me to face him and wraps his arms around me tightly, almost suffocating.

He lets go and looks around for a moment, "Where's Iris? I had something I wanted to talk to her about,"

"I haven't seen her in two days, since James' party,"

He grimaces. "How was that? "

"Not too bad," I shrug.

Amos takes my luggage from my grip, "Come on let's hurry on, see if we can find Iris,"

"I should probably wait for—"

Amos stomps his foot and groans like a child. "You've been with that bloke this whole time! Don't  be the girl who ditches her friend she hasn't seen in weeks for her bloody boyfriend,"

I have something I want to say to Remus, though. Need to, actually. I suppose it can wait.

I sigh, "Fine."

After five minutes, we serendipitously slide open the compartment door my favorite Gryffindorks happen to be sitting in and Remus holds out his hand for me. I take it eagerly, forgetting for a moment, the feeling of the cursed day. His skin is, as always, smooth, hard and very warm. He gives my fingers a gentle squeeze. I look into his hazel eyes, and my heart gave a not-so-gentle squeeze of it's own. Hearing the stutter in my heart beats, he smiles again but it's different. He feels distant.

I sit down next to him and Amos grudgingly sits down as well, leaving me sandwiched between my two favorite boys.

Remus lifts his free hand and traces one warm fingertip around the outside of my lip as he speaks. "How are you?"

"I have a feeling." I can never quite mimic the flow of his perfect articulation.

He runs his hand through his tousled brown hair. "What kind of feeling?"

Before I can answer Amos clears his throat besides me, "Black, have you seen Iris?"

Sirius looks up from his magazine wizards weekly and looks at Amos with complacency. "Not since the night of James' party, why?" His smirk isn't very subtle.

"No reason, i'm sure she's just running late. She'll have her mom or dad apperate her to the school like fourth year," I answer for Amos, trying to avoid conflict at all costs. 

Everyone falls into there own conversations, with the exception of Amos and Remus who have both fallen asleep on each one of my shoulders. Neither one seems to notice.

As I look out the window I try to gain control of myself, of my anxiety.

What's the worst that can happen, it's just school? I flinch. That's definitely the wrong question to ask. I'm having a hard time breathing right.