Drunk on Halloween

"I know where you been, don't try to act like I don't know you. And all the words you don't hear, they always find a way back to you."

"Pomfrey, please! You said two days!" I whine like a child who's gotten it's toy taken.

She shakes her head stubbornly and makes a 'tsk' noise, "Actually, I said at least two days, Cordelia."

I groan and throw my head back against the hard mattress. Two days. Two fucking days I've been in the hospital wing while Madame Pomfrey heals and observes my wounds. If I didn't know any better, i'd say she just likes my company.

"Halloween," I roll my head to the left so I can face her, "It's Halloween my favourite day of the year and i'm in this bloody bed,"  I grunt.

Madame Pomfrey stops stripping the beds of their sandpaper-like sheets and gives me a look of disapproval. I pinch the bridge of my nose with my thumb and pointer finger, "Has my mum written back?"

I already know the disappointing but unsurprising answer.

"I'm sure she's just busy hon—" She's cut off my four boys barreling through the large double doors.

"Poppy!" A frantic James Potter calls.

"Thank merlin," Sirius sighs.

I try and dissect the scene that's unfolding before me. Remus is holding up a very green looking Peter Pettigrew while James and Sirius harshly whisper and exchange worried looks.

Maybe if I stay silent they won't even notice i'm here.

"Oh goodness, what's happened now?"

Peter opens his mouth to explain but throws up slugs instead of words.

"Awh, Bloody fucking hell!" My face scrunches in disgust and I do my best not to gag as I rip my eyes away.

"Language, Cordelia! That's the last time i'll remind you!" Madame Pomfreys motherly voice scolds before turning her attention back to the boys.

So much for going unnoticed.

"I'm afraid he's just going to have to wait until it passes" She says leading Peter over to the bed across from mine. I roll my eyes when I hear James muttering threats to Snape under his breath.

Sirius glares over to me, If looks could kill I'd be dead. However i'm thoroughly unimpressed by his Queen B attitude. He looks away and taps Remus who's holding a waste bin for Pettigrew on the shoulder.

"Prongs and I—incoherent—Moony,don't—incoherent—stay with him. Okay?—incoherent—back in time for the party." He mutters.

Fuck, I have to get better at this werewolf thing.

Remus reluctantly nods and takes a seat in the large arm chair next to Peters bed. James pats Peter on the back and without even glancing in my direction, him and Sirius leave. For almost adults, they act like petty little boys.

I could laugh at the irony, what the bloody hell did I do?

Peter groans as he tosses up more slugs. I quickly stand up despite Pomfreys protest and storm over to Pettigrews bed, both boys are watching with wide eyes.

"This is the nastiest thing anyone could ever witness. The least you could do is shut the curtain!" I snap, drawing the curtain around his bed.

☽☽☽

"Lycanthropy is a magical illness known to spread by saliva-blood contact thus; a human bitten by a werewolf in wolf-form will also become a werewolf. However, if a human is attacked by a werewolf in human form, the victim will only acquire lupine tendencies. It is known that older, experienced werewolf's can preform blood ritual magic to change at will. Albeit, the consequences are grim."