Little talks

"Soon it will be over and buried with our past. We used to play outside when we were young, and full of life and full of love. Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right,"

Dear, Cordelia                                              11/7/1977
I have received the letters from your headmaster and school nurse. That is very unfortunate to hear and I hope all is well beyond that. Will you be home for christmas or will you be spending it with Amos again? I only ask because Sherry from work invited me to her ski lodge. Stay behaved, we will talk normally soon enough.
                                                                 -Mum

"You're up early," Iris says, as she walks into the dorm. I turn my head and see Amos standing right beside her.

"Iris!" I shout, "I thought we agreed not to let him up here anymore!"

"Relax, we're the only ones here." She responds as she drops her Hogsmede shopping bags on the floor.

"I'm only here to smoke." Amos retorted, as Iris smacks him on the head.

I tuck the letter into my jumper pocket and pat the empty spot next to me signalling for him to sit. He runs towards me at full speed and jumps on my bed. 

"Hey! I just made this!" I reprimand.

He rolls his eyes and begins looking for my stash in the bedside table.

"She moved it last week" Iris comments, lighting up a cigarette.

Groaning I get up and walk over to my dresser. "Shit i'm almost out" I observe upon pulling the baggy out of my sock drawer.

"Don't worry, Xenophilius Lovegood is selling this week"

"How do you know?" Amos queried.

Iris and I both walk back to my bed to take our seats forming a small circle with Amos.

"Kianio told me" She answers.

"Bell? The one you're hooking up with?" I ask, beginning to roll the joint. She nods in response.

"Oh?" Amos says raising his brows

"It's nothing serious!" Iris quickly informs him.

"What about you? Any new girls?"

"Well, I sort of have a thing for this girl in my history of magic class," he takes the cigarette from Iris' hand, "Names Ashlynn I think."

I brush the small, fallen pieces of weed off my fuzzy blanket and onto the floor. I quickly observe the annoyed expression on Iris' face and chuckle.

"Is she cute?" I mumble, with the joint between my lips.

"Very," Amos lights it for me, "She might have the biggest knockers i've ever—"

"Shut. Up." Iris seethes. Amos widens his eyes and twirls his finger next to his head as if to call her crazy.

I chuckle again and continue to puff. I wonder what life is going to be like when we graduate Hogwarts? Will the three of us live together and continue these little sessions? Or will we all go our separate ways and only have awkward conversations when necessary? Like when parents run into someone they know at the supermarket.

"What about you? Getting any?" Amos questions eyeing me intently.

"No." I state bluntly.

"But, she is going to hang out with Lupin later." Iris taunts.

"What? Why?" Amos eyes dart between the two of us.