Kids

"Oh, i'm just a kid, I never use my brain. I only use my heart and my imagination."

ONE WEEK UNTIL FULL MOON

"Who's there?" I demand

The wind whispers in my ears and blows frizzy locks of hair out of my face. Shivers run up my spine and I realize, something is very wrong. I hear the dog whimpering again, the sound is just inside the forbidden forest.

So close I can almost touch it.

"Lumos," I whisper, walking into the forest, waving my wand. I've barley walked 20 feet into the dense trees but, when I turn around i'm yards and yards away from where I started.

A twig snaps from somewhere behind me.

"H-hello?"  I call out.

"Wake up!!" someone hisses.

I spin around on my heel confused, "What?"

"Bloody hell! Cordelia!" The familiar voice shouts.

"Get the fuck up!!" I awake to Iris shaking me roughly and whispering loudly in my ear.

Gasping for air, I sit up and survey my surroundings. 6 beds filled with 4 people who I don't talk to. No need to panic it's  just the dorm.

"Sorry, " I mutter, as I look up to Iris hovering over my bed. She picks up the covers next to me and scoots into the bed.

"Don't be sorry, my bed is getting quite lumpy. So, this works out perfectly." She says pulling the blankets over her arms.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"5:42. We have 2 hours until breakfast try and sleep," Iris says, voice becoming heavy with tiredness.

I nod and turn to face the window, smiling to myself  when she starts to lightly snore.

I want to tell her about what's happened to me. I'd like to tell anyone actually, I feel so lonely in my own mind.

But, I feel as though I owe it to Iris.

She's been my bestfriend since first year and has been nothing but loyal and kind to me. Always goes along with me but is sure to tell me when i'm wrong.

We have a true friendship.
She opens up about herself all the time and if this happened to her, I know I would have been the first to hear about it.

Plus there's always the chance she hates werewolves and thinks there beast. I cant gamble with our friendship like that.

Some part of me knows that she won't mind at all. Iris is an activist for all sorts of causes and rights. It's easier to believe she will care though. The thought of telling her scares me.

I never tell anyone I need them because truly, I believe I could survive on my own. Iris is the closest I've come to needing someone. That's why I don't mind if she gets to have Amos.

I shut my eyes and focus on the sound of the crickets chirping outside until I fall asleep.

☽☽☽

We wake up late and scramble to get ready while Amos waits for us outside our common room.

He waits for us every morning before breakfast, always. I used to tell him the answers to the weekly riddle so he could just come in, but Oscar Chang snitched on me to Flitwick.