chapter three

CHAPTER ONERUBBER GLOVES

CHAPTER ONE
RUBBER GLOVES

MINSOO, PUT THESE ON FOR MOMMY, OKAY?

MINSOO FOCUS

Snow poured down outside of the brick home, sticking to the gutters and the green grass, making the temperature drop slightly.

Minsoo shivered in her thick winter coat, the winds making it hard to warm herself up. Her mother came outside in her house robe and slippers, racing over to her daughter. "Don't forget your hat, Minnie!"

Her father came out afterwards with his work briefcase, planting a kiss on Minsoo's mother's cheek after she stood up from helping the seven year old put the hat on.

"I'll try to be home from lunch today but the snow might interfere with the roads through the city so don't be too disappointed if I can't make it, okay?" He spoke to his wife, giving her a tight hug before pulling away.

She nodded contently, happy he would even be trying since she knew he usually spent his lunch break at work finishing up more paperwork.

Minsoo grabbed her fathers hand tightly, her cloth knit glove providing a weird feeling against her skin but nonetheless kept them on, knowing otherwise her parents would throw a fit.

"Daddy, it's cold! The train is gonna leave without us!" She cried out, pulling his hand.

"I understand, Minsoo." He said calmly while looking down at his daughter, a smile planted on his freshly shaved face.

He turned to his wife one last time, "I love you."

Minsoo's mother waved at the two, "I love you both!"

Minsoo jumped against the concrete sidewalk as she waved with her empty hand towards the older woman, "love you too, Mommy!"

The father daughter duo walked down the street just in time to get on the city bus, giving a brief good morning greeting to their bus driver before going to sit down in one of the front vacant seats.

"Look Minsoo, it's snowing again." Her father whispered to her, pointing outside the window.

Her face turned to look outside before the window began fogging up, making her pout slightly. "The window isn't any good."

Her father laughed lighting, using his gloved hand to wipe away the fog provided by her breath. "Don't breathe too close to the window, Minsoo. You'll fog it up."

She nodded, holding her breath as she turned to look back outside. Small crystals of snow fell from the sky and onto the ground, some sticking to bus windows. Minsoo looked at each of them, admiring their unique structure.

"They're so pretty," she awed. He father admired her child behavior from her side, pleased with how she was growing up.

Time passed until the bus finally came to another stop outside a school gate. Minsoo's father lifted the girl onto his lap, giving her forehead a kiss before sending her off into the elementary school.