chapter sixty-seven

CHAPTER FOURTEENUNCOVERING IDENTITIES

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
UNCOVERING IDENTITIES

HOW DID WE NOT SEE THIS? ITS SO OBVIOUS THEY'RE W- DONGHYUCK!

X

"I'll take left, you take right. Be careful, please." Jeno said to Eunha, the two crouching as they got closer to the fence. "You stay covered by the shed while I go around. If anything happens-"

The two were cut off by a low growl, goosebumps arising from their arms. They slowly looked towards where the noise had come from.

The shed.

It was dark but they could still see two silhouettes. They made out one to be Donghyuck but the other one wasn't normal. It looked like an oversized cat. Maybe a cougar or jaguar.

"What the hell is that?"

"It's Hyeji." Eunha gawked, pulling Jeno's hand as they neared where the other two were at.

"Guys-!" Donghyuck yelled quietly, relieved to see the two. "I found her just before she started changing. It sounded painful but she made me look away. When I turned back around she was a cat and her clothes were folded on the ground."

Eunha looked down, noticing the birthmark Hyeji had when she was in human form as well. "I'll take her clothes. We need to get out of here before-"

The sound of the back door opening cut her words off. The four of them squinted past the bright lights and turned towards the fence, ready to run.

"You're not going anywhere!"

As they tried getting over the fence, their bodies all froze, as if there was an invisible forcefield blocking them.

Jeno had just barely managed to turn back to see Minju and Heejin standing in front of the two-night nurses, their hands held high above their heads with smirks plastered on their faces.

They're witches.

"How did we not see this? It's so obvious they're w- Donghyuck!" Jeno's voice echoed as he looked towards where his friend was.

Donghyuck looked down, beads of sweat leaving his forehead. He let out one last groan of pain before sparks of fire began building up from his feet. In seconds, the fire cascaded over his body.

Everyone looked away from the burst, Jeno, Hyeji, and Eunha's pulses beginning to increase. "Where the hell did he go-"

Eunha stopped talking when her body fell to the ground, Jeno and Hyeji falling just beside her. They each turned around to see Donghyuck by the back door, shovel in hand with Minju and Heejin on the ground, both of them holding their legs in pain.

Before anyone could say another word, Donghyuck had disappeared in another ball of flames before appearing back beside them.

"You can teleport in balls of fire?" Jeno asked with wide eyes, helping Eunha up as they began running quickly.

"I guess so. Didn't know that at first and I think my life flashed before my eyes."

The four panted as they neared the safe house, finding their way to Renjun and Jaemin as they sat on the ground still

"You guys are back! Where's... Hyeji?"

Renjun and Jaemin's eyes widened as they looked at their new transformed friends. "You've already begun you're shapeshifting?" Renjun asked. "I thought you weren't supposed to do that for like two more years."

"Yeah and turns out Donghyuck has the ability to cover himself in fire and then teleport. Anyways! Bad news, we were caught. Minju and Heejin are apparently witches. They don't even have to cast incantations, they can just do whatever."

Renjun and Jaemin were quiet as they took in the information. Both of them were a lot better than what Jeno and Eunha had seen before they left.

"We need to get on the move now, then."