chapter eighty-five

CHAPTER THREEMARK AND SOOYEON

CHAPTER THREE
MARK AND SOOYEON

I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!

━━━━━━━━━━

"A hotel?"

Hyeji and Donghyuck walked out from between two parked cars, the shapeshifter girl now back in her human form with her clothes on.

"Yeah. The scent suddenly got super strong leading into this room. We should probably check out the inside. Your brother may have left something behind knowing we'd come this way."

Donghyuck looked around, his arm stretching out when he saw a metal box with ATM glowing on top of it.

"Wait," Renjun said, stopping everyone in their tracks. "How the hell are we gonna withdraw money without any cards on us?"

Eunha was quick when a memory popped into her head, tugging on her backpack to pull it onto the ground. "They took my phone when I was out into Neo House but I forgot that I also always had a card in my bag in a secret pocket."

The others looked around at each other with questionable glances.

"Why would you just have a random card in a secret pocket of your bag?"

Eunha sighed, "I was turning eighteen, meaning I would be kicked out of the foster housing. I wasn't going to take the risk of losing my suitcase with valuables in it and my bag didn't have a pocket for cards or stuff like that so I made one by myself."

The girl stood up, looking at the card in her hand as she held it up against one of the lamp posts. It was quite scratched up but not so bad that it'd be unreadable.

"You guys stay here, we'll go and get some money. Jaemin, you said you still have a bank account open for you. We can get cleaned up in the room and head out tomorrow to get your money."

Renjun and Eunha separated from the group, walking over to the ATM to withdraw any money Eunha had.

"Wait, won't this allow for them to track us?"

Eunha shook her head, "not from what I know. This card is just a copy of my mother's, she's been dead for a few years so no one should be looking for any activity."

Truthfully, Eunha had no idea. She was just hoping she was correct.

"Okay, everyone get showered and changed, and then we can continue with everything

"Okay, everyone get showered and changed, and then we can continue with everything. No showers longer than ten minutes, though."

The group of teenagers each showered quickly, changing into their clothes they had packed. Their hotel room only had two beds and one couch, not too much room.

"Girls on one bed, three boys on the other, three on the pull-out couch."

Everyone was quick to fall asleep, their bodies each tired after spending so long running through the woods. It was definitely straining, especially for the few that didn't have any powers that could help them in the situation.

But they only got two hours of sleep before each of them naturally woke up. None of them had planned for it but as soon as they awoke, they knew what time it was.

3:33 AM

"Why are we all up?" Chenle asked, looking around the room at everyone who was sat up.

"And why are our eyes all changed?" Jaemin asked, noticing everyone's regular human eyes were replaced with their demon eyes.

Before anyone could answer, a ball of smoke began expanding in the middle of the room, scaring each of them as they backed up against the walls.

When the smoke finally cleared, they released the breathes they had been holding in.

"I knew you guys could figure it out, and you've brought some of the others!"

Areum quickly stood up before her eyes could even adjust, running into the older boy's arms. "I missed you so much!"

Mark smiled, patting his younger sister's back delicately. To his right, a shorter girl with dark black hair and demon green eyes smiled. "Everyone up! It's time to get going."

"Um... where are we going?"

Mark turned towards his girlfriend, "maybe we should just let them sleep a little longer. They're probably too tired to do much anyways."

Sooyeon nodded, "alright. You kids enjoy your rest, we'll be back in the morning. Oh wait, Renjun, could you come here?"

The boy being called for hesitated, all eyes on him as he walked towards Sooyoung. The older girl smiled, handing him something.

"You're coming into your senses faster. Here is some blood to feast on, it'll make you feel better."

→ ♕

posting chapter 5 + epilogue + masterlist + thank you note tomorrow!