chapter seventy-four

CHAPTER FOURNEW OUTSIDERS

CHAPTER FOUR
NEW OUTSIDERS

I'M AREUM, THIS IS CHENLE AND THIS IS JISUNG. ITS NICE TO MEET YOU GUYS.

LOCATION: CANTEEN

"Where are we going now?"

Doctor Ryu smiled at Eunha's question, continuing to walk ahead of her and Hyeji as they exited the bedroom they were just in.

Looking around, the two girls noticed how similar the new building they were inside looked like a hospital- a very blank white one at that.

"I am taking you to the canteen where you can enjoy your lunch with the others."

"The others?" Hyeji questioned. "As in Renjun, Jeno, Donghyuck, and Jaemin? Or are there more others that we don't know about?"

Doctor Ryu nodded, "both."

Hyeji and Eunha quieted themselves the rest of the way, following Doctor Ryu until they stood in front of double doors.

Pushing them open, the two girls were met with their four friends eating at a nearby table. Immediately, they each ran towards one another.

"Oh my god, they wouldn't tell us where you guys were. We thought something happened to you guys," Donghyuck sighed, releasing his hugging grip on Hyeji and switching places with Jeno to hug Eunha.

Jaemin took his chance to hug the two girls as well, Renjun hesitant but still expressing his relief when he gave the two quick hugs.

"How long have you guys been in here?" Eunha asked, letting go of Renjun as they walked back to the lunch table.

They each sat down in their seats as if they were still at Neo House, Eunha to Renjun's left, Jeno to Eunha's left. In front of Renjun sat Donghyuck with Hyeji to his right, Jaemin to her right.

"We just got here a few minutes ago after Donghyuck woke up. No one would tell us anything when the nurses heard us yelling and then suddenly Doctor Ryu walked in and brought us in here." Jeno informed them.

Renjun realized Doctor Ryu had left without saying anything, "if you guys are hungry, we were told we could eat anything from that buffet-looking-table-thing.

Hyeji and Eunha shared looks of distaste. "I don't think I can really eat after all that," Hyeji shook her head, still feeling the headache she had gained from earlier.

The boys nodded in understanding, none of them having very empty stomachs or full plates in front of them.

The sound of chattering as the canteen doors opened caught them all of guard, especially when they realized how young the three people walking inside looked.

When the three teenagers realized they weren't the only ones in the canteen, their voices became quiet and distant.

"Um, hello there." Jaemin said slowly, trying his best to give off a friendly smile.

The three in front of them awkwardly waved back until the one girl finally began speaking. "Hello to you all... as well. Um... you all must be the new patients Doctor Ryu was talking about."

"Patients?"
"New?"
"They talk about us?"
"Who are you guys?"

The dark haired girl awkwardly walked forward with the two boys trailing behind her, cautious as they neared the new people.

"I'm Areum, this is Chenle, and this is Jisung. It's nice to meet you guys. Of course, with all things considered, you know."

The six friends looked around each other, each of them wanting to ask the same question but unsure of how to do so.

"You guys want to know if we're supernaturals too, don't you?" Areum smiled slightly, tilting her head. Chenle and Jisung shared looks with her, happy with the question.

"How did you guys-"

"It's part of who we are too. You guys must've only recently transformed. Once you grow into your beings, you'll be able to just know when you see or smell another being." Jisung informed them.

Chenle eyed each of them before he finally spoke, "only two of you have powers instead of transformations? The other four are full."

"Full what?" Renjun asked, an eyebrow raised high with confusion.

Areum smiled, "full demon."

→ ♕

ayo? 😮

in the next chapter they explain what all of their powers and supernatural types are 😳