chapter thirty-seven

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVETRASH

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
TRASH

SHE GETS TIRING OF LISTENING TO.

MINSOO & JENO FOCUS

Minsoo and Jeno hummed to themselves, working on their homework together. Jaemin was originally working with them but then left to go make sure Renjun and Eunha got to their class in time, knowing Renjun forgot without his help half the time.

Every now and then one of them would look up and ask the other for help on a math problem or another question. When they finished, they decided to work on their shared chore of taking out the trash.

Jeno was probably the closest to Minsoo out of each of the guys. Both of them found comfort in one another's presence that reminded them of sibling bonds.

Minsoo seemed to have that effect on many of the teenagers sharing a house. She played much of the big sister role. Although she was new, she formed quick bonds with both her classmates, Jeno and Jaemin. Donghyuck even came to her at times to ask about Hyeji.

There wasn't a really singular person she was closest with. Hyeji and Eunha were ranked in first on the closeness list while the boys were ranked in second. That's just how it was and probably always would be. Minju was definitely ranked last, though.

"You want to get the upstairs trash or downstairs?" Jeno asked, looking at Minsoo. The older girl shrugged before pointing at the floor. "Alright, I'll go get the upstairs bathrooms. Make sure not to forget the media room trash can, as well."

Minsoo nodded, leaving to gather all the trash downstairs while Jeno walked upstairs to get that trash.

After gathering all of the trash, Jeno grabbed the wagon and moved it closer to the back door so he and Minsoo could throw all the trash in.

They spoke quietly with one another on the way to the shed where the dumpster was. When they arrived, the two got to work putting it all away.

"This is so tiring," Jeno complained, his hands connecting his hips while he bent backward. His back popped and he let out a satisfied sigh.

Minsoo chuckled, "why don't you just use your powers or something? Hyeji told me Donghyuck was complaining to her about you dropping something on his head last night."

Jeno rubbed the back of his neck, a bit embarrassed at the mention of the previous night. "Yeah.. he was not the happiest about that."

The sound of the metal door that opened to the backyard echoed, causing Minsoo and Jeno to turn to see who was coming out.

They internally groaned seeing the familiar short dark hair.

Minju smiled towards Jeno who only returned an awkward one before turning back around towards the garbage. The girl's eyes soon changed when she made eye contact with Minsoo, a glare being sent her way.

"Do you need something Minju?" Jeno asked plainly, hauling another trash bag into the dumpster- a bit easier now that he managed to pop his back.

"Just coming to see how you're doing and everything! You know, with chores and whatever," she giggled. Jeno rolled his eyes while Minsoo faked a gag.

"So Minsoo.. when was the last time you showered? It's starting to smell.."

Minsoo faked a high-pitched giggle, "I'm sorry, did you not realize we're at the shed? You may be academically intelligent, to an extent, of course, but those common-sense skills could use some work."

Minju huffed, clearly getting annoyed with the older girl's presence. "Minsoo-" a high-pitched squeal suddenly left her lips, Minsoo's eyes widening at the sound while Jeno stayed facing the dumpster.

Minju glanced down at her leg and then back at Minsoo, "you did this, didn't you!" She pointed downward at her ankle where a fresh scab was, a small rock sitting beside her foot.

Minsoo gawked at her accusation, "me? You were literally looking at me when you got hurt!"

"Then how did I get hit?" Minju whined, glaring holes at Minsoo.

The older girl shrugged, "I don't know but you might wanna go get it checked on before it gets infected, huh?"

Minju huffed before turning around, heading back inside to go to the nurse's office.

"You threw that rock didn't you?"

Jeno shrugged with a sly smile, "of course not. She gets tiring of listening to. My powers just have a mind of their own, you know?"

→ ♕

kinda a trash chapter lmao i'm sorry ✋🏽😔