chapter sixty-two

CHAPTER NINESNEAKY

CHAPTER NINE
SNEAKY

RENJUN FOCUS

If Renjun couldn't save Minsoo, the least he could do was save his other five friends.

For them, he was now willing to risk anything to get them to the freedom each of them deserved. Even if it meant that he had to take some risks in order to achieve that freedom for them.

The day was rather normal, apart from the absence of Minsoo but they couldn't do much for that aspect. Eunha had told him during class what the nurses had said to her about Minsoo's situation and it only made him madder.

But now he had to ignore that enraged feeling and any other emotion that was clawing at him to do something he'd regret.

After dinner, everyone headed upstairs while Nurse Min went around handing out the medicine, and Nurse Son began making sure everything was securely locked to keep anyone from coming in or going out.

Renjun had learned the hard way why they weren't allowed midnight snacks when he was only thirteen.

Ever since the incident, he had made sure that the others knew the kitchen was off-limits at late hours or there would be serious consequences.

No one ever questioned what the consequences were but they still listened to him nevertheless because he was obviously Renjun. And what would Renjun get out of making sure no one had a midnight snack?

Nothing. This is of course why they listened to anything and everything he had to say at any time no matter what the circumstances were.

But instead of heading to bed like usual, Renjun had diverted himself to the bathroom instead. Jaemin was confused at first but knew that there was probably an important reason as to why his roommate wouldn't be joining him.

He heard Nurse Min walking past the bathroom door and took the chance to slip out. His footsteps were quiet against the floor as he walked towards the back of the building, using the shadows to his advantage.

He had made it there before Nurse Son and hid behind another wall, watching closely as she put in the number password.

0824

The password was 0824.

Prior to tonight, Renjun had never had the confidence to eavesdrop on the Neo House nurses. And although at some times he did grow increasingly curious, he put it behind himself and ignored the itchy feeling.

Tonight, he was happy to finally be fulfilling one of his interests ever since entering Neo House. And with the help of the others, he'd finally be able to leave and make a run for freedom.

He didn't know where they would go or what they would do but he did know that having freedom was enough for each of them to want out.

It was finally time. The plan would soon be taking action and before they would know it, they'd be free.

→ ♕

this may seem random but we're gonna pretend like minsoo's surname was always lee instead of jung. don't ask why, you'll understand later 🚶🏽‍♀️

anyways i've basically finished pre-writing this book so after this segment is over we're gonna be back to daily updates! :)
(this segment has 15 chapters, segment three has 10, and then segment four has five + the epilogue, masterlist, and thank you note <3)