chapter twenty-nine

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVENTELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF

TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF

HE'S A BIG BABY IN REALITY BUT CLOSES HIMSELF OFF AROUND NEW PEOPLE.

RENJUN, JAEMIN, & EUNHA FOCUS

The first thing that came up on the screen was the automatic google result with an overview provided by Wikipedia.

Necromancy (/ˈnɛkrəmænsi/) is the practice of magic involving communication with the dead – either by summoning their spirits as apparitions, visions or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events, discover hidden knowledge, to bring someone back from the dead, or to use the dead as a weapon. Sometimes referred to as "Death Magic", the term may also sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft.

Renjun didn't wait around for her to finish reading everything and went over to the couch, dropping down as he began a new round on his GameBoy. He was able to play a few rounds while Eunha read more from the website.

She backed out of the website and went to another one, not sure if she could believe what was written on the first.

What the hell?

Her eyes scanned over the definition given. It looked similar to the first. She went to another website hoping for a different definition but ultimately gave up upon realizing they all said the same thing.

Necromancy, communication with the dead.

"So what?" She asked turning around towards Renjun, "I'm a necromancer? A dead person talker?" Jaemin smiled over at the door while still looking outside the door, happy with himself knowing he was right about her ability to talk to ghosts.

Renjun only looked at her and stood up, a sigh leaving his lips as he walked over to the computer. Eunha sat nervously on the chair as Renjun neared, not sure what he was planning to do.

He inched closer while Eunha subtly moved back, her heart rate slowly increasing as the intimidating boy got closer and closer before he was directly in front of her. She gulped.

"Move."

She did so without a second thought, letting Renjun have the computer again. He backed out of the last website Eunha was in and typed something into the search bar. A second later, he motioned for Jaemin to come over to them.

"I'll watch the door, you can have the chair," Eunha mumbled, standing up. Jaemin thanked her, taking a seat as he rolled over to Renjun and the computer.

Instead of walking away as he had with Eunha, Renjun hovered over Jaemin. He glanced back and forth between his friend and the computer.

"So..." Eunha hummed to herself, looking outside one more time before turning to the two other boys in the room. "What.. uh, what got you guys here?"

Renjun stared at the computer screen, no sign of any emotion on his face. "My parents died in a car wreck we had when I was twelve."

Eunha's eyes partially widened. She didn't know what exactly she expected but it definitely wasn't that.

Jaemin scoffed from beside Renjun, still reading over stuff on the computer. "Don't mind him. He's a big baby in reality but closes himself off around new people."

Eunha nodded, looking back outside to avoid the awkward tension in the room. "I was kidnapped and brought here," Jaemin said. Once again, Eunha's eyes slightly widened.

"S-Sorry?"

"Yeah, I don't know either. One second I'm out with friends and the next I'm getting tranquilized and wake up here. Don't know what my friends or parents are up to right now." He nodded. "But yeah that's enough of us. What about you?"

Eunha closed her partially opened mouth, clearing her throat and trying to move on as if she didn't just learn one of the boys witnessed his parent's death while another was dragged to Neo House against his will.

"It's a bit longer than you're guys'.."

"Not like we can go anywhere else," Renjun implied. Eunha nodded although neither of the boys saw it, looking outside one more time.

"My parents died when I was a kid and I was put in an orphanage. A few days ago I was told I'd be transferred to some awful place but on the bus ride there I could have sworn I'd seen a guy run in front of the bus. But then the bus stopped, we got in a crash and I got out but when I looked at the front of the bus there wasn't any blood or anything."

"A ghost."

"I guess," she mumbled quietly, "and then suddenly there's this guy that looks dead chasing after me, and next thing I know I'm on the floor in a convenience store screaming as it shoves its face into mine. Then I was taken to a hospital and put in here. The nurse basically told me I was seeing hallucinations."

The guys listened attentively and nodded when she was finished but neither spoke up until Jaemin finally backed away from the computer with a sad look on his face directed towards Renjun.

"Precognition? Seriously? She gets to talk to dead people and I can only see the future. Which, must I say, cause one hell of a headache each time."

Eunha leaned against the doorway hearing his small speech while Renjun only shrugged. "So what's that mean? We're the weird ones here? No offense, Jaemin. I mean like-"

He cut her off as he went to sit on the couch, "it's fine, I know what you mean."

Renjun took a seat in the computer chair and looked between the two. "No. The rest of us are just like you two which is probably why we're all here together."

"So what can the others do?" Jaemin asked.

Renjun tilted his head, a sign that he wasn't completely sure. "I've been trying to figure it out but I'm not sure on everyone."

"I'm pretty sure Jeno has telekinesis and Minsoo has electrokinesis though." He continued after a moment, "Donghyuck, Hyeji, and Minju, I'm not sure yet."