chapter eighty-six

CHAPTER FOURUNCOVERING TRUTHS

CHAPTER FOUR
UNCOVERING TRUTHS

FULL-BLOOD DEMONS NEVER DIE.

━━━━━━━━━━

"Good morning everyone," Sooyeon smiled, once again standing in the middle of the room with Mark.

"Rise and shine everyone we're going to the underworld today!" Mark shouted, clapping his hands together in excitement.

Although he and his girlfriend seemed excited, the younger kids spread out all around the room had looks of confusion across their faces.

"What? What's wrong?"

Renjun sat up in his bed, "what underworld?"

Mark and Sooyeon exchanged confused glances, the two not expecting the question. "You mean you guys don't know what the underworld is?"

The teenagers all shook their heads, looking between the two young adults standing in front of them.

"You guys do know you're demons right? And that demons live in hell? I really thought that was kinda self-explanatory."

"Hold on, hold on. It is self-explanatory," Hyeji said, sitting up from beside Eunha. "But do you mind answering a few of our questions before we leave?"

Mark and Sooyeon nodded, "of course."

"We know you two are close with Areum, Chenle, and Jisung but could you explain a bit about who you guys are?"

Sooyeon nodded, going first. "I'm Son Sooyeon, a dark magic witch. I was able to place a spell on this room when Mark and I had escaped to notify me if you guys ever showed up."

"And I'm Mark Lee, I have the power of hallucikinesis. Basically, I can insert myself into someone's head and make them feel as if they are somewhere else or see something else than what they truly are. I'm sure Areum has mentioned but our Grandma raised us and practically raised these three as well. What about you six?"

"Lee Jeno, I have the power of molecularkinesis and molecular manipulation. I lived at home with my parents until a few years ago when they shipped me off to Neo House and haven't contacted me since."

"Na Jaemin, the power of precognition and other kind relations. I was kidnapped a few years ago and haven't been able to contact my parents since then."

"Min Hyeji, shapeshifter. I lived in Canada until about two months ago when my parents shot me down from a tree and shipped me off to Neo House after telling me I belonged in a mental institution."

"Lee Donghyuck, phoenix. I lived with my parents who didn't take care of me, instead leaving the job to my grandmother. After she died when I was 14, they shipped me off to Neo House."

"Baek Eunha, necromancer. I lived with my parents until they died when I was about eight. When they died, I was shipped off into a foster care facility and got into a crash when going to my new home two months ago. Been seeing and hearing ghosts since then and somehow got put into Neo House for it."

Mark and Sooyeon exchanged glances that made Renjun stop before he spoke.

"Your parents... died?" Sooyeon asked. Eunha nodded, her eyebrows drawn down in confusion at the sentence. She turned towards Renjun, "tell us about yourself, please."

Renjun gave the two confused looks but nodded. "Huang Renjun, vampire. I was out into Neo House at twelve after a car crash that killed both of my parents left me alone."

"What's going on?" Jisung asked, noticing Mark and Sooyeon giving each other indescribable looks that unsettled all of them.

The two young adults looked between Eunha and Renjun, both of them seemed hesitant to say the next words. In the end, Mark said it.

"Your parents were full-blood demons. Full-blood demons cannot die."

Renjun and Eunha exchanged confused glances. "Then what happened to our parents?"

"But how do you know that their parents were full-blooded demons? What if they were both half-bloods or something?"

Mark shook his head, "you guys want to know how you got here, right? On August 24th, 1998 scientists from the underworld opened up a new idea. The idea was to see how demons would perform while living in the overworld. Many families tried joining, as it was the first time demons would be allowed to enter the overworld, but of course with scientists watching them at all times."

Sooyeon continued when Mark paused, "you guys were all born into the project. Jeno, Jaemin, you two are some of the first half-blood demons to exist. Donghyuck, that grandma that you remember was probably more than likely a human scientist that was supposed to be watching your parents after getting mixed up with the demon scientists."

Mark sighed seeing the looks on a few of their faces, "Renjun, Eunha, your parents are probably still alive in the underworld. After a set amount of time or if the adults did something that the scientists didn't like, they were banished into the underworld again. The only thing we need to do is try to find your parents."

Areum sat up, "so does that mean we get to go to the underworld now?"

→ ♕

if you didn't pick up on it, they all have different colored eyes corresponding to their specific demon type/powers:
mark: rainbow swirl (like in the gif)
sooyeon: green
renjun: red
jeno: gray
hyuck: red and orange swirls
hyeji: yellow
jaemin: sparkling blue
eunha: black
areum: orange
chenle: purple
jisung: pink