chapter forty-eight

CHAPTER FORTY SIXTRANSFER

CHAPTER FORTY SIX
TRANSFER

I GUESS I HAVE MY OWN ROOM.

X

"I'm sorry, what?"

The eight teenagers sat at the breakfast table with different expressions. Some annoyed, some upset, some seemingly excited. It was an array with a lot of variation.

Nurse Kim sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, "not the act again, Donghyuck. You did this when the other girls were moving in and you're doing it again now that we're getting another new resident?"

Donghyuck kept a straight face and nodded, "yes, yes I am. Because I am tired of getting all the people. I liked it the way it was before and although I'll be the first to admit I'm very happy with things are now, I will not just sit here and pretend I'm happy hearing that we're getting another girl. Don't you know what that means? Four boys and five girls. Unfair, if you ask me."

Minju scoffed and rolled her eyes, arms crossed over her chest as she looked away from Donghyuck, "whatever. I'm excited about the new girl. I heard she would be a nice addition and personally, I'm tired of putting up with all of you."

Donghyuck gawked at her way of speaking before looking back at Nurse Kim. "So we can all get in trouble because Minju is being a bitch-"

"Donghyuck!"

"No, no! I'm tired of the unfair treatment. Every day each of you nurses treat Minju like a princess and in return, we're her slaves who can't even look at her sideways without getting told off."

Minju turned towards him, a cynical smirk on her face. "You're just upset you and your prissy girlfriend got in trouble yesterday for being mean to me during class."

Donghyuck's lips formed an irritating smile, his patience levels lowering as the obnoxious girl spoke. "We were being mean for not giving you our test answers? Seriously? You nearly got both Hyeji and I zero's because you couldn't accept the fact that we weren't going to let you cheat and we still somehow got in trouble. Of course, I'm fucking mad."

"That's enough, Donghyuck. Are you finished now?" Nurse Kim asked with a glare.

Donghyuck wanted to continue fighting back but the pressure of Renjun's foot on his own and the older boy's light head-shaking made him choose otherwise. "Yes, I'm done."

Hyeji softly rubbed his back with her left hand. The two had grown quite close with one another since her placement in Donghyuck's class.

"Good, now, as a reminder: you will each be given your urine tests after your classes so be prepared to vacate the bathrooms if you have already or yet to be in class today so everyone can get in and out as quick as possible."

The teenagers stayed still but Nurse Kim knew they understood. With a perky smile, she turned around and walked back over to the kitchen area.

The teenagers followed after her with dropped personalities, none of them ready for the new resident. Partially because if they were nice, they'd probably have to find a way to get them in on the escape plan. But if they're mean.. well then they have to put up with another Minju.

Either way, they were practically screwed.

"Do you think she's gonna be nice?" Minsoo asked Jeno, the two already on their way to class. Jaemin was still in the bathroom, telling them to head on without him.

"I'd hope so. When we got word of you guys coming, I was a wreck. I didn't know how I was supposed to feel or react to the news. I'm just going to wait and see what she's like. Maybe she'll be nice. If not, we're in for some shit."

Minsoo laughed, "yeah, Jaemin told me about your whole crisis over it."

"It wasn't a crisis," he complained, his voice automatically changing from his regular deep one to a higher-pitched squeaky one.

"Yeah, sure."

"She's here already?"

"Yeah, she came in when you guys were still in class," Jaemin informed Renjun and Eunha. "Oh and I think Nurse Son wanted to see you about something in the conference room, Eunha."

"Seriously?" She huffed, setting down her stuff on the couch before standing back up straight. Her hand ran anxiously through her hair and fell back to her side as she stepped out of the media room.

"Mrs. Son?" She called out in a quiet voice. She knocked a second time and the door was pulled open, revealing the familiar nurse in her white uniform.

"Eunha! I was wondering how long Jaemin would take to send my message." Nurse Son giggled, walking over to the conference table.

Eunha awkwardly chuckled, following after her. "Do I need to take a seat?"

Nurse Son shoo her head no, "no need. I just wanted to tell you that Minju has requested moving into a separate room with Heejin so don't be too surprised or worried when you walk into your bedroom. later tonight and she isn't in there."