chapter seventy-five

CHAPTER FIVEDEMON

CHAPTER FIVE
DEMON

WHY SHOULD WE BELIEVE YOU?

LOCATION: CANTEEN

"What the hell do you mean full demon?"

"You've never wondered why you're special? Never asked yourself how you became what you are or why you deserved it?" Jisung asked, intrigued.

"Well, of course, we have. But how do you guys know that we're supposedly demons?" Donghyuck asked, his voice higher than usual.

Areum shrugged, "we lived with my grandmother before we were taken by these people. We only know so much but what we do know keeps us sane."

"Okay, okay. But demons? Seriously?" Jeno asked, clearly unconvinced as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Wonder why you two have superpowers while the rest of your friends have the ability to shapeshift and talk to the dead? It's because you are only half demons while they are full demons." Areum explained.

Chenle nodded, "half demons are the offspring of one human parent and one demon parent while full demons are offspring of two demons."

Jisung noticed their faces slightly change and decided to join in, "and in case you're feeling bad about yourself, just know you're actually rather rare. Demons don't usually come up to the regular world, opting to stay in the underground realm. All of your demon parents are also shapeshifters but sometimes when demons become powerful enough, they can shapeshift into a normal-looking person and begin living their lives here."

"And how do we know you guys aren't just lying to us to try and trick us? Why should we believe you?"Hyeji asked, squinting at the three with suspicion.

Areum smirked, turning her head towards Jisung. The tall boy only smiled back at her before closing his eyes and turning towards the six others sitting down.

When he opened his eyes, they were taken aback. None of them had expected the younger boy to change eyes at his own command, changing from his regular brown human-like ones to bright pink snake-like ones.

"Huang Renjun, 18, full-blood demon, vampire. Lee Jeno, 18, half-blood demon, the power of molecularkinesis and molecular manipulation. Lee Donghyuck, 18, full-blood demon, phoenix. Min Hyeji, 18, full-blood demon, shapeshifter. Na Jaemin, 17, half-blood demon, the power of precognition. Baek Eunha, 17, full-blood demon, dark magic necromancer. Lee Areum, 17, full-blood demon, werewolf. Zhong Chenle, 16, half-blood demon, the power of intangibility. I am Park Jisung, 16, full-blood demon, winged hell-demon."

"Power of molecularkinesis and molecular manipulation?"
"Dark magic?"
"What's intangibility?"
"A hell-demon?"

"Um," Areum looked between her two friends, unsure of who should answer all the questions first. "The power of molecularkinesis, it basically means you have the ability of telekinesis with a few advances. Molecular manipulation can manipulate the molecules in anything, even your body. Eventually, you'll be able to teleport, even change your hair color at will, and all kinds of stuff."

Chenle took the next question, "dark magic, basically the thing that separates you from half-bloods. You can communicate and raise the dead, make them do whatever you want, and all kinds of stuff- by the power of dark magic. You're also the only kind of full-blood that stays in a human form."

Jisung continued, "Intangibly is a superpower where you can pass through any physical matter. He can even walk on liquids like rivers and stuff. He doesn't get affected by heat or cold and stuff."

"So like if I were to throw this fork at Chenle, he'd be able to just let it go through him as if he weren't there?"

"Precisely."

Areum took the last question, "a hell-demon is the most powerful of demons. Currently, there are only a few left with Jisung being one of them, and even enhanced at that."

"What are your powers?" Eunha asked the younger boy. Jisung smiled, closing his eyes and opening them again once they were back to human form.

"So far we've documented empathy, apathy, flight, energy manipulation, invulnerability, telekinesis, unhealing, super stamina, super senses, super strength, super intelligence, and voice mimicry."

The three laughed at the older teenagers' shocked expressions. "We said he was powerful, didn't we?"