chapter fifty-two

CHAPTER FIFTYSUSPICION

CHAPTER FIFTY
SUSPICION

THEY'RE ACTING WEIRDER THAN NORMAL.

MINJU & HEEJIN FOCUS

"Finally, some peace and quiet away from those rugrats." Minju sighed, walking over to her side of the room.

"That Donghyuck guy is getting on my nerves more than usual recently. Every time I see him he's making googly eyes at that one Hyeji girl." Heejin scoffed, sitting down on her bed.

She reached into her bedside table, pulling out her comb, and carefully began raking it through her hair while making sure to be delicate with her ends.

"Ugh," Minju voiced in a gross manner, "I know! I seriously can't see what he sees in that girl. And that hair?"

"Oh my god, I know! It's so pin straight with barely any volume at the top. And those weird bangs she has? Whoever her hairstylist is needs to be fired."

Minju laughed, "I doubt she can afford one which makes perfect sense. She's from Canada of all places, Heejin. Who the hell decides to move to Canada to live? Not me, that's for sure."

"Minju, you just reminded me! I have a second cousin who moved to Canada when we younger and over here she was relatively wealthy but when she moved it was like she suddenly became," Heejin gulped, uncomfortable with the words about to be spoken, "poor."

Her roommate across the room audibly gasped, her mouth parting while her left hand hovered over her chest. "No."

Heejin shook her head, "yep. And all because she moved to Canada, I'm sure."

"I could never do it.. the thought of losing my money after moving to a country like Canada? Impossible, utterly impossible."

Heejin nodded in agreement before standing up. "I'm gonna head to the bathroom really quickly, be right back."

Minju hummed to herself as she looked at her reflection in the body-length mirror one of the nurses had gifted her with.

Only a few minutes passed and Heejin was already walking back inside of their room, a look of confusion on her face.

"What is it?" Minju immediately asked.

Heejin pointed at the door, "I just saw that Jaemin kid coming from Eunha's room while wiping something off of his face."

Minju immediately stood up and marched over to the door, furry beginning to pulse in her blood at the mention of the boy she liked coming out of another girl's room.

"I doubt they did anything. That Eunha girl seems like too much of a baby for him. And what would he even be wiping off? I doubt she wears makeup." Heejin reasoned, pulling out her pajamas to change into.

Minju poked her head out the door, scanning the hallway once more before closing their bedroom door. "You're right, that's crazy talk. But.." She began trailing off, peaking at Heejin's curiosity.

"What?"

Eunha furrowed her eyes brows as she walked back to her mirror, "I don't really know. They're acting weirder than normal."

Heejin tilted her head, "who is?"

"All of them. Renjun, Jaemin, Jeno, Donghyuck, and those three girls. You haven't been here as long as me but those boys were silent before they came around and then it suddenly changed. But then a bit before you arrived, they all suddenly got quieter."

Heejin shrugged, "maybe they're finally realizing those three girls aren't worth much."

Minju sighed, "I don't know. It wouldn't make much sense on the relationship spectrum for Donghyuck or Hyeji. And I've seen how close Renjun's been getting with that Eunha girl."

"The same one that just had Jaemin coming out of her room? That Eunha?" Heejin laughed. "How could she get two boys wrapped around her finger?"

Minju laughed along with her, "yeah you're right. She could never."

→ ♕

surprise for next chapter ;)