chapter twenty-two

CHAPTER TWENTYMUTUAL

CHAPTER TWENTY
MUTUAL

GUESS ITS A MUTUAL FEELING, HUH.

GIRLS FOCUS

The next morning everyone was awoken in time for breakfast. They all made their way back to the dining room and began eating, silence filling the room.

After breakfast, the three new girls were separated from everyone else. Nurse Lee taking them each to one of the conference room. None of them knew what for but they didn't say anything.

There was an unspoken comfort between the three girls, already warming up to each other in mutual understanding of feeling like the outcasts.

"Alright, firstly, I just want to thank you, girls, for being patient with us through this rough time of getting used to everything. We know that it can be a bit hard to understand and grow into this all so we're very happy to know you're all getting adjusted well."

The three girls sat quietly across from the older lady, silently listening as she spoke to them.

"So I just wanted to clear some things up with you three before we get down to business. I and Nurse Kim are the morning and afternoon nurses, here to accompany you all until around four when we leave. Afterward, Nurses Min and Son will come in and watch after you all until leaving at seven in the morning."

She paused as if thinking about more stuff to tell the three girls.

"So here at Neo House, we have a few mandatory things that the three of you may have noticed by now. We have a set time to leave the bedrooms and you are allowed inside unless to sleep at the scheduled times. Every night while everyone is getting ready for bed you will be given a pill that you must take. Don't worry, it's good for you."

For some reason, the girls doubted that.

"Minsoo and Hyeji already know about this one but I wanted to clear it up for Eunha. We also have chores and scheduled school time. We have different chores assigned to each of you daily on a paper hanging in the kitchen. You will need to follow that. It doesn't matter what time you do them, they just need to get done. We have one classroom and each of you have been split up to a different time to go in. We are still deciding who to pair you all with so you will have today and tomorrow for more testing and getting used to everything."

The girls quietly nodded, taking in all the information.

"Well, I'm just happy we get another day off before we have to start school again

"Well, I'm just happy we get another day off before we have to start school again. My brain is still fried from when I went to my own high school." Minsoo admitted, falling onto one of the couches in the media room.

Hyeji and Eunha agreed with her, finding their own seats on the larger couch together.

The three talked together for a bit, Minsoo and Hyeji going on about different topics while Eunha listened quietly, still not completely used to the new arrangements.

It was quiet while the others took turns completely their schoolwork and doing whatever it was they wanted in their free time.

No one else had come to the media room while the three girls were in there, finding different activities to fulfill their boredom.

"This place is quite weird from anywhere I've ever been to," Eunha told the others, looking around the room.

The two older girls agreed with her statement, neither of them knowing places like this existed either. They knew of different homes and such but they'd never been inside of an institution to know what it was really like.

"I'm curious about the pills we have to start taking. I've never been put on any pills before. My immune system is just like weirdly... good?" Hyeji said.

"Me either," both Minsoo and Eunha said together.

They laughed quietly at the coincidence and carried on with their conversations, different topics arising every few minutes.

Suddenly Minsoo sat up, examining everything once more. "This place is kinda weird. I don't know about you guys or why I feel like this but this place gives me the creeps. Something just feels off about it."

They all shared eye contact, nodding. "Guess it's a mutual feeling, huh." Hyeji nodded.