chapter thirty-two

CHAPTER THIRTYLUNCH MEET

CHAPTER THIRTY
LUNCH MEET

WHAT ABOUT THE CAMERAS?

X

"Girls, it's lunchtime."

Nurse Kim smiled at the door of the media room, opening the door wider for Minsoo, Hyeji, and Eunha as they left.

The three girls had just sat down and begun talking when the nurse came inside. They were undoubtedly spooked when Hyeji finally got comfortable on the couch just as the door swung open but were glad to find out it was just lunchtime.

They exited the room one after another, smiling innocently as they walked to the dining room and took their usual seats. Well, except for Eunha, who was once again sat between Renjun and Jeno after Donghyuck to her spot.

Their plates were served out and they waiting for another minute before Nurse Lee approached them. "Why aren't you all eating?"

The seven looked between one another, confused about her question. Jeno was the first to speak up. "We're supposed to wait for everyone to arrive before eating... we're waiting for Minju."

Nurse Lee's eyes partially opened a bit wider but she couldn't speak before Nurse Kim walked up behind her with a smile. "Miss Minju is out eating lunch with her family. She should be back in an hour or so. You all may begin to eat."

And with that, the two nurses left.

Which was also, unusual. On most days, there would always be at least one nurse in the room with the teenagers while they ate. The only times they weren't there was when they had to move stuff like when the three new girls arrived.

"What's their problem?" Jaemin mumbled, taking a bite of his food. The others didn't know what it was either, just shrugging it off.

"We need to talk about the notes." Renjun suddenly said, making everyone pause their bites. Jeno, Hyeji, and Jaemin were all chewing while Minsoo, Donghyuck, and Eunha were about to put another spoonful of food in their mouths. Each of them were motionless at Renjuns words.

"Cameras?" Donghyuck said lowly, looking at Renjun's withdrawn-down eyebrows.

Renjun shrugged, "doesn't matter in here. The dining room cameras are only cameras, they don't have any voice recording additions since the nurses are usually in here. Now as I was saying, we need to discuss everything."

Eunha put down her spoon of food and turned to look at Renjun. "What is there to discuss?"

Renjun didn't make eye contact with her, only looking around the table at the two other girls and Jeno. "Do you guys believe us?"

The three slowly nodded their heads, looking between one another. Hyeji turned back to Renjun with an unreadable expression, "there's not much to believe when no one knows what I am."

Hyeji was the only one between the seven that Renjun couldn't figure out. She and Minju were proving harder than planned to understand but he hadn't given up yet. He knew there was something different about both of them just like himself and the others.

"I have a plan," Renjun said simply, continuing to eat his food as if the words that came out of his mouth meant almost nothing.

"What is it?" Minsoo immediately asked, sitting straighter in her spot.

"Those stupid pills. They're probably the reason for the blocks which is making it hard for Hyeji to turn or do whatever it is she needs to. Before all of us came, there was weird stuff happening to us, right?"

Everyone glanced around the table, nodding.

"These pills, whatever they are, are blocking our powers or whatever. If we stop taking them, we might be able to all grow further. I'm not one hundred percent sure but it's worth a shot."

"And how exactly are we supposed to stop taking the pills? Don't the nurses usually watch us take them afterward?" Donghyuck asked.

Jaemin's eyebrows punched together while looking at his friend, "you guys let the nurse watch you take the pills?"

Jeno's tilted his head, "you guys don't?"

Eunha looked at the two, "you guys know it isn't a requirement, right? You guys have to take the pills from the nurse and the transaction is over."

"Even the new girls know you didn't have to be watched, dumbasses." Renjun scoffed. Although it may have sounded harsh to regular people, everyone at the table knew he didn't mean it in a hurtful way. It was really just his way of showing affection to his friends.

"So that's the plan? Just stop taking the pills?" Jeno looked over at Renjun who nodded.

"That's it. We should start tonight."