chapter fifty-one

CHAPTER FORTY NINEPUT TOGETHER

CHAPTER FORTY NINE
PUT TOGETHER

THIS IS REALLY HAPENNING, HUH?

RENJUN, JENO, & MINSOO FOCUS

"You're lucky the nurses were being considerate today, I almost didn't get to switch with Jaemin." Jeno huffed unhappily.

Minsoo and Renjun ignored their younger friend and walked inside the kitchen, once again going to their places from the day before.

"I'm assuming you've both talked with the others?" Renjun asked emotionlessly, starting the water and picking up a plate.

Minsoo and Jeno both nodded from his left side, pulling out one piece of folded paper each from their pockets.

Renjun nodded contently, "good. Let's go over who had the best idea on getting out of this hellhole. Minsoo, you should go first."

The older girl took in a breath and scanned the paper for the best plan that had been listed on the paper before deciding on the one she and the other two girls had planned together the night prior.

"Basically we figure out the code to the back door and get out through there while everyone else is sleeping. We can go over the fence and if you guys think you know this road well enough after being here for a while, you can plan out where we go."

"That's a good idea," Jeno agreed. "We used to take field tips out to the mall and playground but once we all began hitting puberty the nurses stopped taking us. We never really questioned why but I'm sure Renjun and Jaemin have a somewhat good memory of what it's like out there."

Renjun nodded, "it's better than any of Donghyuck and I's ideas. I can remember quite a bit but hopefully it's enough to create a decent map of where we should go."

"The nurses are outside playing with the others so we'll have some free time

"The nurses are outside playing with the others so we'll have some free time."

Minsoo and Jeno nodded, walking over to the table. Renjun followed their lead and took a seat where he usually ate.

"I worked on a map while I was in class today. We should leave as soon as possible so I say we start working on a way out now. There's a few old abandoned buildings down the road that used to be warehouses. If we get out by jumping over the fence we should make it there kind of quickly."

"And if there are any complications or problems?"

"If there aren't any problems, we should scope out our surroundings and probably settle in for the night there. If there are a few mishaps, we should get going to wherever we can. If the nurses somehow find out, we each need to book it and find better coverage farther away."

The three teenagers nervously looked between one another.

Although each of them had their own cold fronts, some stronger than others, right now they were on the same page.

They wanted the best for themselves and their friends and if that meant escaping then that's what they would have to do.

There would be no room for error here or things could get worse than they already were.

→ ♕

sorry i forgot to update yesterday and today, i was pretty busy :(
so in return, i'm updating twice today :D