chapter eighty-three

CHAPTER ONEWATCHER MINSOO

CHAPTER ONE
WATCHER MINSOO

I'LL KEEP LOOKOUT FOR YOU GUYS.

━━━━━━━━━━

"We've been walking for over an hour, can we take another break please?"

The others groaned, unamused. "Donghyuck, we just stopped for a bathroom break, why didn't you sit down like we told you?"

"Because my legs were falling asleep!"

Hyeji sighed, wiping her forehead. She had the chance during the bathroom break to change back into her more comfortable regular clothes.

"Can't you teleport? Why don't you just use that power of yours and stop complaining."

Donghyuck smiled at Jisung's words, almost having forgotten of the ability after not having to use it since his first escape.

Donghyuck sighed, splitting up from the group to sit down gainer a tree. Once he thought the group was far away enough, he focused, his eyes swirling with red and orange.

"It worked!"

Jaemin stared at the boy sitting ahead of them, "I'd hope so, but is it really the smartest idea to light yourself on fire near wood?"

Areum took the chance to speak up as Donghyuck walked away from the tree. "Weren't you also practicing on your shapeshifting before we left?"

Donghyuck's eyes lit up with excitement, "I was! Can't believe I'm so forgetful tonight. But I don't wanna be a bird alone, Hyeji will you turn into one with me, please?"

Hyeji smiled, nodding. "Eunha can you get my stuff?" The younger girl nodded, the group stopping to wait for the two to shapeshift.

Hyeji went over towards the left while Donghyuck went towards the right, the two of them stripping before channeling their power.

When the group of teenagers heard the sounds of bird calls above them, they looked up, noticing the bright yellow eyes and mixed red and orange eyes.

Renjun held out his arm, Hyeji flying down to perch herself on it. "Can you and Hyuck scan from above to look for anywhere we can camp out tonight?"

The eagle girl sitting on his arm squawked before flying back upwards towards the phoenix, the two of them communicating before flying off ahead of the others.

"Hey, are you feeling well?"

Renjun turned towards the long-haired girl walking to his side, pulling on the collar of his shirt and nodding. "Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

Eunha shrugged, "don't know. Your aura seems kinda off right now."

"How so?" Renjun asked, wiping the few beads of sweat beginning to drip down the side of his head. Even with his built-up stamina, he too was growing progressively tired as they continued walking.