Consequence (III)

Before they know it, the ground starts to tremble as if there's a major earthquake going on. However, what's weirder is that no one bothers- everyone around them is walking calmly as if the ground didn't even shake an inch.

"You speak too soon! I warned you to not do it! I knew this was a bad idea!" The stranger ran her blonde bob cut hair through her fingers a couple of times in frustration making it messy.

While the stranger is busy blaming her, Chaewon felt like her legs were no longer hers and she began to tremble the same way people did in the deep winter cold.

'What is going on?'

'What have I done?'

'What will happen to me after this?'

With one being busy panicking and the other is busy being scared while thinking about what will happen to them, they fail to notice how the ground starts to crack and split itself leaving a dark space in between.

As the blonde girl is the first one to notice, she began to grab Chaewon's wrist like how she did when she tries to stop her from being stupid and run away, "we need to get out of here quick!"

They were too late.

"Trying to run away from me? You know you don't stand a chance with a guardian especially when she's the time guardian who controls what humans think is precious," the woman who declared herself as the time guardian has her arms folded on her chest.

The smirk grew over her face- it was annoying to look at but it's even more infuriating for the both of them especially Chaewon knew she's more fucked than the other girl.

The time guardian approaches Chaewon confidently making sure that her heels make a click-clack sound every step she takes, that damn smirk ain't gonna come off anytime soon, does it?

"How stupid are you trying to change what had already happened? Sure, you will change the future once you disturb the past, but does it go through your head that once you make a change, you are also building a new reality."

"What does it mean by building a new reality."

Showing what is happening in the new reality to them using her magic- it's like a crystal ball fortune tellers have to give them an unparalleled insight but bigger and there's no crystal ball.

How Chaewon can describe it is that it's a portal but you can't go through it. There are a bunch of them, maybe around 6? Each of them displays one of her moments with the girl she has been searching for 3 years.

They look happy together.

Even got married to each other.

"You exist as two people. And of course, to protect this world from chaos, only one of you are allowed to stay in this world while the other has to bid a goodbye to life.

Since you're the one who disturbs your own timeline to have a new future.....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.