Achlys (II)

"You think you had it good, Chaewon but you'll never get her away from my grasp. I will never back down at what I've already started.

Just so you know, I will find my way to her even if you're there to protect her. I will get my revenge even if it takes me a few decades."

6 months have passed and Achlys hasn't laid a hand on Minjoo yet. She's nowhere to be found. Chaewon would like to say that she's successfully protected Minjoo but she doesn't want to be confident because she knows Achlys isn't the type to give up easily.

She's the type to attack at the most unexpected time ever in a blink of an eye.

Chaewon swore to herself that she will never blink when Achlys decides to appear the next time they meet.

For now, Achlys is just watching each of their moves from afar waiting for the right second to make her move not wanting to make the slightest mistake.

Back leaning on the rough cement wall, Chaewon has her hands in her pocket with her eyes closed trying to calm herself. Who wouldn't be mad when someone had just informed you that your girlfriend that you love so much will die in their hands soon.

Yes, you saw it.

Chaewon had just admitted that she falls for Minjoo.

It wasn't the plan initially. Everything about this doesn't add up to it. Falling in love. Going to dates. Protecting her. Sacrificing herself. But what can she do? Isn't that why she loves the latter?

Isn't that what loving someone means?

If Achlys manages to kill-

Wait, no. Chaewon will never let it happen. She won't or should I say will never imagine a life without seeing Minjoo's bright shy smile. If Minjoo's existence dissolves in this world, she doesn't think she would even wanna be living here anymore.

Maybe that's what it means by 'when the love of your life dies, a part of you will die too.'

She finally understood what does it mean to save someone even if you have to die in the end.

Younger Chaewon would always question herself 'why would they run to the other and let themself suffer?' whenever she watches dramas on her grandparent's television.

Now she knows why.

They can't bear to look at the one they care about die in front of them.

"Chae? Did you wait long? Aren't you cold?" Opening her eyes in slow motion, her lips automatically curve upward when she sees her angel in front of her with the latter's hands cupping both of her cheeks.

Worried.

Chaewon has always been good at reading one's emotions. From what she can see from Minjoo's facial expression, it shows how genuinely worried she is.

With a smile on her face, Chaewon leans into the warmth of Minjoo's palms on her cheeks. How she wished she knew Minjoo earlier. How she wishes she notices at the lovely gaze the latter had been sending from day 1.

Then she would've been able to know what warmth really means. Sure, she has been receiving love from her grandparents too but it felt more like a family warmth.

Minjoo's..........

Well, it felt home.

Whenever the latter is there with her, she tends to forget everything.