The Colour Of Warmth

Fall in love with someone
Who feels like the warmth
Of the sun
On a cold
January morning
But soothes your heart
Like the cool water
Of the sea
On the hottest day
Of June

- Nikita Gill

........................................................................

Didn't expect it to end so soon nor expect to love the movie, both of them especially Minju, sad that the movie has already ended. Turning off and putting away her laptop off from her wooden table, she took out her phone to check the time.

'Oh shit, it's already been 4 o'clock!' Chaewon shouts in her mind.

It's really cool if it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon except it's not cool when you realise you have an important test the next day.

"Shit, I forgot to study for tomorrow's exam. Let's study together," she pinches the younger's cheek before heading to her bookshelf and take out her reference book and exercise books to study.

"But I'm too lazy to study~~" her girlfriend whine like a baby she is.

"Come on, don't be lazy. I won't let you fail your science test again. I'll teach you and you better pass this time," she opens up her reference book and hands it to Minju hoping she would read it.

Minju might as well just pretend that she's actually reading, but for the sake of Chaewon who has an expectation for her, she decides to study hard to make her girlfriend proud.

She poured herself into the pages. She scoured the book. She skim-read the book. She read until she was almost cross-eyed and the words merged into nonsense. Fifteen minutes later her mind rebelled refusing to digest another paragraph.

But with Chaewon teaching her diligently, every word sounds so clear, trying to teach blank Minju's mind to understand each of her words, the younger suddenly have her ears perk up listening to her voice.

Minju has never thought that she would understand the concept of Science, but the older makes it easy for her and she's grateful for that even though she doesn't really understands anything the girl said.

Just as expected, her brain couldn't take it any longer, the moment she rests her head on the table, her eyes automatically close as if there's someone switching off her switch in her head.

Minju has been sleeping for about 30 minutes or more, and yet Chaewon hasn't realised it yet until now. Not until she heard a soft snore coming from the younger's mouth, couldn't help but chuckle under her breath.

Almost mirroring the younger's action, she too, lie her head on top of the table, except the back of the younger's head is facing her making her not being able to look at Minju's sleeping face.

Slowly raising her right hand only to find herself gently stroking the younger's long silky brown hair.

Her hair was the brown of aged mahogany, rich and deep, yet with the subtle hues only time brings. With each stride the strands tumbled, reflecting the strengthening daylight in waves.

"You know minju, when you bring light to me when I thought I would only see the darkness my whole life, I realise you belong to me. I hope you won't stop loving me and walk out on me one day soon.

Even if you lose feelings for me and your heart starts to beat for another person, please tell me because I wouldn't want to continue my life without you telling me what I do wrong in our relationship.