Break Off

Yujin's POV

Sigh. Today is the last week before I complete the dare.

Eyeing the sky curiously, the clouds that had been wispy and white that morning were now darker and denser. In the long horizon, they take on silver hues, those deeper graphite tones that promise good rain.

But the rain never comes even after 20 minutes. I guess it's just false information that it's going to rain today.

I trudged along the pavement at a sedate pace, my mind focused on the gentle footsteps that seemed to echo throughout the empty hallway.

Surprise because of the lack of presence in the hall? No. Today is when only our class ends early since we don't take some subjects as other classes do.

As I walk calmly around the school trying to enjoy the silence, a hand grabs my arm dragging me toward......the rooftop? Hmm... That's weird. Who the hell dares to drag me?

Oh, it's just Chaewon.

But it's so unlike Chaewon to drag people around instead of calling them out knowing how she doesn't like to get her hand dirty. Maybe she's something important to say and couldn't wait to announce it any longer to me.

The moment she opens the door to the rooftop, she immediately pushes me inside before gripping onto my collar tight. Slamming my body to the wall, she glares at me intensely sucking something out of me.

Did I do something wrong?

"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM, KIM CHAEWON?!" I shouted to grab her attention to say something. My back starts to hurt. Damn, she's so strong.

"YOU'RE THE PROBLEM, YUJIN! IF ONLY YOU USE THAT BRAIN OF YOURS, WE WOULDN'T BE DEALING THIS SHIT!"

Her temper was on a hair-trigger. A chill ran through my spine as I heard her yelling.

"WHAT DID I DO WRONG TO TRIGGERS YOU, CHAE?!"

"YOU'RE HURTING WONYOUNG DO YOU KNOW THAT? I want you to stop playing with her feelings and tell her the truth. Or you secretly break the deal off with Yena. Your choice," Chaewon has calmed down but still remains her scary looks and says every word sternly.

Honestly, I don't know why she makes a big deal about it. Wonyoung isn't even someone important to Chaewon... Or is she?

The thing is no one knows her that well, not even Yena and I since she doesn't open up and just prefers to listen.

"What does Wonyoung even have to do in your life? You don't even know her that well," Yujin chuckles with a smirk plastered on her face.

At this point, Chaewon's blood is boiling at its peak already. She's not sure if she can hold it any longer.

Once again she slams my body to the wall but this time harder. If I'm not fit, I think my bones or body, in general, will break soon.

"You're right. I really don't know her. But Minjoo does. It's her best friend and it's hard to see her talking about how happy Wonyoung is when she's with you knowing that this is all planned."

First, she mentioned Wonyoung. Now Minjoo? From where did she know all these people? And why does she care about these people so much?

"Where does Minjoo even come from out of nowhere? Really, Chae? Who are they really to you?"

"Minjoo is my girlfriend and Wonyoung is Minjoo's best friend. What matters to her matters to me. I don't want her to cry because her friend is heartbroken all because of you.