Starry Night

Chaewon and Minjoo enjoy the starry night above them.

If you don't know, this is the continuation of the 'Road Trip'. Why did I decide to write this? It's because SanaGayMinatozaki wants me to
😁😁😁😁😁
........................................................................

Dusk was falling, the air was damp and cool, the green shrubbery now looking almost black, colours muted, as if they had been drained away by an invisible hand.

Minjoo pokes Chaewon's nose who is still laying on her lap for a while now, brushing a strand of her dark brown hair from her face. A few hours perhaps? Wonder how Minjoo's body didn't get any cramp.

I guess you really do anything for the one you love.

Chaewon sniffs dejectedly with her eyes closed which sometimes her girlfriend is confused whether she's sleeping or just like to close her eyes as she enjoys the breeze.

Suddenly Chaewon sits up straight almost had the younger to jump up due to her sudden action out of nowhere and lay down beside the still confused girl.

The older has one of her arms spread to the grassy ground, "come on," she said while using her other hand to pat the empty space.

"What?" The younger looked at her girlfriend with borrowed eyes, her expression giving away all of her thoughts as usual. Confusion.

Frustrated is all you can say about how Chaewon feels right now. Don't misunderstand, she loves her girlfriend, she really does but sometimes her girlfriend is such a slow thinker that it makes her mind go crazy.

A slow thinker but at the same time a top student in her college.

It doesn't make sense but it's Minjoo we're talking about here.

Clicking the tip of her tongue, she places both of her hands onto the younger's shoulder and pulls her down so that she would be joining her in laying on the ground.

It suddenly hits Minjoo in the head. How can she not think about this earlier? She eagerly wraps her arms around the older's waist, burying her head on her chest.

"Isn't this better compare to our previous position?" Chaewon asks having her on her arm under the younger's head and another one resting on Minjoo's arm as she looks up to the sky that is getting darker.

"I heard that there's going to be a starry night today. Do you wanna stay and watch it together?" She looks down and sees that Minjoo has her eyes fully closed as she diligently listens to the sound of Chaewon's stable heartbeat.

She barely nods her head as her eyes are slowly open, "you don't have to ask me that. I'll still watch it with you either way."

"I guess you're right."
........................................................................

The stars hung above them as if strung in the air by invisible strings. It must have been a night just like this that Van Gogh got his inspiration, the natural light above, the man-induced glows igniting the cold water.

The starry night above was better than any software imitation. There were lighter patches, clusters of faint and bold light, the constellations altered according to the time of year.

These were the same stars that greeted the ancients, the same ones that would be there in millions of years.

"This night has been special because of you. Do you see all the stars? Do you know why they're many tonight? Well, it's because they know you don't go out often so it's their chance to take a good look at your beauty.