Third Week

Week 3

Wonyoung is calmly sitting on her chair trying to focus and yet her mind starts to wander off. She keeps on thinking about all the fun and interesting dates she went with Yujin.

As days passed, Yujin started to invite her to go out more often than usual.

She isn't one to complain though. She did enjoy herself. But something inside her just doesn't feel right. It feels like her guts were telling her that something in her life isn't all true.

She wants to know what made her feel like that but she just can't point it out no matter how hard she tries to dig it.

Her mind is filled with those thoughts that made her think too much. She wouldn't call it negative thoughts though due to the fact that it didn't harm her in any sort of way.

She tries to clear her mind by looking out the window beside her.

Today the light is oddly bright, casting the seagulls into dark shadows against a sky of palest blue. Their wings beat, hugging the air as they drift on unseen thermals.

The warm sun rays kissed her skin lightly, warming her from the inside out.

For a few moments, they have Wonyoung's eye, keeping her spun into some sort of daydream.

"Wonyoung. Wonyoung! WONYOUNG! JANG WONYOUNG!" Yuri shouted to her ears trying to bring her back to reality.

"Is there something wrong, Wonnie? You seem out of it earlier. You don't have to secretly laugh and cry while hiding your state of mind. Whenever you have a hard time, you can come to us. We'll give you the biggest hug ever.

We all feel the same at some point so no matter how much you hide it, you do know that you can't hide it forever from us right?

Don't be sorry. Don't be scared. Don't cry. Don't worry about anything because we're here for you so that we can smile together.

You're someone very precious to us. You can tell us if you had it tough today. We're here for you. We won't judge if you suffered a lot. We love you," Minjoo hugs her best friend and Yuri joins them together into a group hug.

"As expected from the wise on in this family. But really though, I'm okay. I was just staring at the birds outside till I didn't notice class ended," Wonyoung chuckles.

"Okay. Okay. We'll believe what you've said. But please remember what Minjoo said earlier," it's Yuri’s turn to pat Wonyoung's back with full care.

The silence was comfortable, a silence between three best friends. They enjoyed the warmth of companionship, rather than the noise of chattering incessantly.

"Uhm, I don't know if you realise it yet but Yujin has been standing there for quite a while already," Minjoo breaks down the sound of silence around the classroom.

When Wonyoung looks towards where Minjoo is pointing at, there she sees Yujin leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed and her eyes closed. She's probably waiting for someone.

And obviously that someone is Wonyoung. Who else could it be if it's not her?

Wonyoung tingled from her head to her toes. She bounced on her flexing feet and rubbed her hands together. She wore the facial expression of a small child with an, especially large Christmas present.

"Yujinnie," Wonyoung dash towards her Yujin leaving her friends behind looking shocked but not shocked at the same time.

Almost immediately Yujin opens her eyes mirroring Wonyoung's wide smile as she straightens her posture.

"Hey, Youngie. So like, do you wanna go on a food hunt with me? Not really food hunting since it's just street food at the food market. I'm planning to try all of the food there. I heard it recently opens so I thought we should try it out," Yujin suggested.

"Sure. Let's have dinner there," it must be weird to see Wonyoung finish her class in the evening since their school only does lessons till afternoon.

But today is a little bit different because their teacher wanted to catch up on some topics so he prepared an extra class for them. It's quite reasonable to have it since the teacher hadn't been in school for a month now due to his surgery stuff.

"Let's change our attire first- well, only you since I'm all dressed up. I'll meet up in front of the dormitory-like I always do."
.......................................................................

The footpaths were crowded with stalls selling their own homemade food or their own creation.

Rich and unfamiliar scents cut through the smell of engines, so heavy Wonyoung could taste them in her mouth, like the air inside her house whenever her mom cooks her favourite dish.

The smell of cooking food is what a serenade is to the ears of musicians.

Beautiful.

There were so many varieties that she didn't know where to start, "which one should we try first, Yujinnie?" She grabs the girl's attention who has been staring at the food from the moment they arrived.

"Let's start from the first stall from the right and come back from the right? That way we can taste all of it," Yujin squeals in excitement. When there's food, Yujin is always ready to fill her stomach.

She's an athlete. She can just exercise more to get fit again. So eating a lot isn't a problem for her.

"Yeah, let's do that," Wonyoung agrees and just a second went by, she has already been dragged by the girl beside her who couldn't contain her hunger any longer.

The first stall that they go to is the tteokbokki store. She finds out that it's Yujin's favourite snack to eat. With a spicy, sweet flavour and a chewy texture, it is an instant favourite.

The moment the seller serves our order, Yujin immediately digs in without hesitation. She's such a clumsy eater. There's sauce at the corner of her lips. Wonyoung being prepared remembers that she keeps tissue somewhere in her bag.

There it is.

With the tissue paper in her hand, she stands nearer to Yujin so that it's easier to wipe it off. She did manage to wipe it off but the girl was startled by the sudden contact.

"There's a sauce at the corner of your lips," Wonyoung explains while laughing like a kid who giggles at their friend's clumsiness.

Wonyoung's face warmed as Yujin crept closer and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I normally do not like skinship but this felt different.

The way her nimble hands caressed her face or her gentle eyes met her own. Her beauty was incredible; Wonyoung's heart was falling for her by the second.

When Wonyoung looked at her it was as if every ounce of breath was taken from Yujin's lungs floating into the air like midnight smoke. Every time she held Wonyoung's face between her hands, she can feel the softness of Wonyoung's fluffy cheeks.

This is what falling in love was like, a story you never wanted to end. For so long Yujin had longed for it, and now she can't bear to lose it - lose this thing that makes her feel so complete.

Yujin can't lie that she actually wished that the dare didn't even exist and that she can freely go out with Wonyoung without feeling scared that she has to leave her after a month. Or scared that she may break the poor girl's heart.