"Two Lost Souls"

Sana was walking towards the game zone, with Zoro and Sunita. They had planned to have lunch in MacDonald, Zoro's favorite place as he gets a toy for a meal. They were to watch a Batman movie later, which was his favorite character and then play games. He had come to Sana's room early in the morning a towel wrapped around his waist carrying two different t- shirts. Both had Batman printed on it.
Zoro: Mama which should I wear??
    She was reading an article of someone she knew on her mobile, before he had entered. A smile appeared on her face. She so loved this boy.
Sana: Idhar aao mere paas. Batman ke kitne t-shirts lete ho aap??
    Zoro came near her and she saw that birth mark of his on his rib. Her heart skipped a beat, remembering the exact birth mark on the exact place on someone else. His father. So many things of Zoro reminded her of him. He has left a hole in her heart. And nobody can fill it. And she didn't want anybody to fill it. She is used to that pain and it reminds her of never going too close to men. Zoro came to Sana and she made him sit on her lap.
Zoro: Nangu...
     She tickled on his stomach and Zoro laughed.
Zoro: Mama it's tickling.
Sana: Accha??
     She did some more.
Zoro: Mama I'm serious.
Sana: Oh ho... I'm sorry. Accha chalo dekhte hai aaj konsa pehenna chahiye aapko.
    She selected one and Zoro smiled.
Zoro: Mujhe bhi yahi pehenna tha.
Sana: Accha?? To fir....
    Her mobile buzzed.
Sana: Zoro jaao baby aap ready ho jaao.
Zoro: Mama, mamu se mujhe bhi baat karni hai.
Sana: Beta pehle mama baat kar le, fir aap ko baat karvaegi. Ab aap ready ho lo.
Zoro: Ok.
    Sana picked up the call.
Shehbaaz: Happy birthday Sana.
Sana: Thank you.
Shehebaaz: Kya kar rahi the??
Sana: Aaj Zoro ne sab program banaya hai. To usse ke sath, jo vo kahe vo karenge.
Shehbaaz: Ha sahi hai. Sahi hai.
Sana: Mummy kaha hai??
Shehbaaz: Vo koi aaya hai ghar tujse baad me baat karengi.
Sana: Aur papa kaise hai??
Shehbaaz: Thek hai. Sana tu unse ek baar baat kar le na.
Sana: Nahi Shehbaaz mujse nhi hoga.
Shehbaaz: Sana unhone jo kiya vo galat tha. Par uske piche unka intention teri bhalai he tha na??
Sana: Intention tu aur mai dono jaante hai Shehbaaz. To tu safai na de.
Shehbaaz: Yeh sab ko kitne saal ho gaye hai. Unhone to apne taraf se koshish ke na Sana. Tu he unhe dur karti hai.
Sana: Yaar Shehbaaz....
Shehbaaz: Accha chal aaj tera birthday hai. Tu pichla soch kar pareshaan na ho. Jaa apne bete ke sath enjoy kar.
Sana: Accha theek hai chal bye. Aur ha shehbaaz, Zoro se baat kar lena. Vo tujhe yaad kar raha tha.
Shehbaaz: Ok. Thek hai. Bye.
Sana: Bye.
    They had eaten in MacDonald and watched the movie and were walking towards the game zone. Zoro suddenly stopped. Sana looked down at him.
Sana: Kya hua baby??
Zoro: Mujhe godh me uthao.
Sana: Kyu??
Zoro: Mere pair dard ho rahe hai.
Sana: Accha jee. Chaliye aaeye. Par khayal rakho aapke hath me juice hai. Mujh pe gira mat dena.
Zoro: Ok.
    Sana picked Zoro up and was walking. She looked at him and smiled. He gave a wide smile and she felt her life was so beautiful. Not looking in the front she dashed into someone. That someone took hold of Sana's arms to balance herself. She looked straight to find themselves in front of an elderly woman. She was in her sixties. Sana noticed that Zoro had dropped all the juice on that woman's shoulder.
Sana: I'm so sorry ma'am. I'm so sorry.....  
    Sunita removed Zoro from Sana's arms. Sana looked at the woman's shoulder. She looked around and rushed to a cafe nearby and came with lots of tissue papers.
Sana: I'm extremely sorry. Meri galti the. Maine dekha he...
Woman: It's ok beta. Koi baat nhi.
Sana: Aunty aap baite na. Please. Vo vaha bench hai.
    Sana took the woman's hand.
Sana: Chale na please. Sunita, aunty ke hath se bag lo. Aaye.
    They all went and  Sana made the woman sit on the bench. She took the tissues  and wiped the liquid from her shoulder.
Woman: Are koi baat nhi.
    Zoro came forward and brought his both hand to his ears. Making a pout.
Zoro: I'm sorry.
    The woman gave him a loving smile.
Woman: Idhar aao. Mere paas.
   Zoro looked at his mom. Sana nodded. Zoro took a step forward. The woman took both his tiny hands in hers.
Woman: Aapka naam kya hai??
Zoro: Zorawar Rohan Singh.
Woman: Aur mera naam hai Rita Ashok Shukla.
    Sana looked at her closely and recognised her. She was Siddharth Shukla's mother.....
      Sid came out of the doors at the airport. His car with his manager were waiting for him at the VIP exit gate. He didn't want the media to know he is back in town. His manager opened the door of the car for him as the potter kept his bags behind. Sid has not even informed his mom about his coming. All was settled and the car drove on the street of Mumbai heading towards Andheri. Sid looked out of the window. His city. His home. Where he has grown up. But was returning back after nine months. He has come nine months back just for four days. And ten months before that just for two days. He has been here three years back for a month when he had done an Indian web series. He was doing this for past six years. He had never stayed long. Sid was an international celebrity now. Doing and hosting shows all over the world. His manager looked behind and gave him a chip.
Manager: Sir yeh aapka naya sim card.
    Sid took it and inserted in his mobile.
Sid: Thanks Arun.
Arun: Sir vo eros international se call aaya tha. Kab ke meeting fix karni hai unke sath.
Sid: Kal ki karle.
Arun: Itne jaldi?? Thoda rest kar lo do char din. Fir baad ke rakhta hu.
Sid: Ab kya rest. Aise kuch khaas to hai nhi karne ko. Nahi tu kar le fix. Let's see what is their proposal.
Arun: Thek hai boss jaise aap kaho.
    Sid was received by a surprised Suresh. Sid smiled at him.
Sid: Are pehchana nhi kya Suresh?? Mai issi ghar me rehta hu. Bhul gaya kya??
Suresh: Bhaiya aap aise achanak?? Aapne bataya bhi nhi??
Sid: Ha sab ko surprise dena tha. Maa kaha hai??
Suresh: Maa bahar gayi hai. Aap baito mai pani lata hu.
Sid: Nahi pani nhi. Tum neeche jaao samaan hai. Driver aur Arun ko help karo.
Suresh: Thek hai bhaiya.
    Sid looked around. His home. Where he stayed with his mom before. Where he will be staying with is mom again from now on. He went to the large open terrace laying in front of the hall overlooking the sea. He had loved this view so much. He had loved this town and his country so much. But an incident six years back has changed everything. He just couldn't stay here. He wanted to run away. And he ran away. Whenever he came back after that, he just didn't wanted to stay. As if some force was pushing him away. He felt suffocated. Siddharth Shukla felt suffocated in the town he had stayed all his life.And so he ran away. Ran away from his home, his family, his mother, his sisters. This was so unfair. Life was so unfair. But now he is back. Back to stay. He was ready for the consequences. He was prepared to face the ugly truth.
    Turning around he saw Arun and Suresh come inside with his bags.
Arun: Chalta hu sir mai. Kal morning me call karta hu. Eros people will be jumping with joy, when they hear you are back.
Sid: Ok Arun. Bye.
     Arun left.
Suresh: Bhaiya chai banau aapke leye??
Sid: Ha banao Suresh. Bahot din hua tumhare hath ke chai piye hue.
Suresh: Aap aate he nhi ho. Ab mat jaana bhaiya. Hamare sath he rehna. Hum sab bahot yaad karte hai aapko.
Sid: Thek hai. Ab jaao chai banao.
    Sid got emotional. He had left the people who loved him so much. He should have been strong. He should have been brave and stayed. But he couldn't. That incident has shaken him to the core. He was healed now. But the scares are still there. Suresh brought tea for Sid. He walked and stood near his dad's large photo. He loved his dad so much. He still does. The latch of the door moved and the door opened. Sid moved towards the door. It opened and Maa stood in the doorway, shock on her face. Sid rushed towards her and she took her son in her arms. Maa had tears in her eyes. She took his face in her hands and stroked it with shaking hand.
Maa: Tu aise achanak?? Tu thek to hai?? Tabiyat to thek hai na teri??
Sid: Mai bilkul thek hu Maa. Aap ander chalo. Aao.
    Sid led her mom inside and made her sit on the sofa and sat down on the floor, taking her hand in his.
Maa: Kaisa hai tu??
Sid: Maa hum roz baat karte the.
Maa: Ha pata hai. Par aaj tujse apne saamne aise dekh kar mujhe yakin nhi aa raha.
Sid: Mai thek hu Maa.
Maa: Sach me??
Sid: Aur nhi to kya. Mujhe kya hona hai. Ekdm thek.
Maa: Chal Tu kehta hai to maan leti hu. Is baar mai tujhe jaldi nhi jaane dungi.
Sid: Mai jaldi jaaunga bhi nhi. Koshish karunga ke na jaau.

Click on the ⭐ And drop a 💬 if you liked this chapter.