"Jaana"

Patan. A district in Gujrat, which was it's capital in the medieval times. It was established by Vanraj Chavda, a rajput king. It is located on the bank of saraswati river. During the period of chalukya dynasty the stepwell called Rani ka vav was constructed. They were to shoot there today. Arun and Sana were waiting for Sid in the lobby. They had to leave. Everything was ready. Sid had to get ready and then shoot. A vanity was arranged for him, as it hot today.
Sana: Kaha hai aapke boss Arunji.
Arun: Pata nhi ma'am call bhi nhi utha rahe hai. Mai dekh kar aata hu.
    Arun's mobile rang. It was from his home.
Sana: Aap call le lo. Mai dekh kar aati hu.
    Sana went to his room and knocked on the door. Sid opened it with a towel wrapped around his waist, water dripping from his jet black her. Drops of water on his well build body shone like little diamonds. Sana could not take her eyes off him. He cleared his throat and she blinked her eyes trying to calm her throbbing heart. He gave her a knowing smile and she went pink. She then suddenly realized why she is here.
Sana: Siddharth kya hai?? Kitna time ho gay hai. Vaha sab tera wait kar rahe hai aur tu abhi naha ke nikla hai.
Sid: Ha ha ho raha hu ready.
Sana: Tu call bhi nhi utha raha tha??
    Sid opened the door wide and she walked in.
Sid: Nahane gaya tha na Sana?? To call kaise uthata?? Aur vaise bhi mobile mil nhi raha hai. Pata nhi kaha rakh diya.
Sana: Kamaal hai teri. Tu ready ho jaldi mai dund ti hu.
    She started searching for the mobile but was not able to find it. Sid has taken his clothes and went inside the bathroom. She removed her phone and dialled his number. She could hear his mobile buzzing somewhere near the sofa. She removed the pillow on the sofa to find it lying behind it. She picked up and saw "Jaana" flashing on the screen. Her hand started shivering. She stood there looking at the screen, without even blinking her eyes. Tears formed in her eyes.
    Sid came out wearing a jeans and a t-shirts and saw her standing with her mobile to her ear and his mobile in her hand. She was looking at the screen with tears in her eyes. Sid's heart started beating faster. Why were there tears in her eyes?? He went to her and saw, what she was seeing on the screen. "Jaana" This is what he used to call her, when they were together six years back. The happiness on her face, when he called her that was so pure and beautiful, that he would fall for her more.
    Sana looked up at him when he came and stood near her. Their eyes met. Sana did not know why, but she went in his arms and hugged him tight, crying. He had got emotional too. He collected her to him and stroke her back, trying to sooth her. They stood there for few minutes.
Sid: Sana?? Thek hai tu??
    Sana nodded not wanting to break this beautiful moment.
Sid: Hame late ho raha hai na?? Chale??
    Sana shook her head and he chuckled.
Sid: To fir shoot cancel kar de.
    Reality hit her and she came out of his arms.
Sana: Nahi.....
    She wiped her tears with the back of her hands. Sid removed her hand and wiped it with his.
Sid: Chale??
Sana: Hmmm 
     She gave the mobile to him and he took it keeping it in his pocket. He took her face in his hand and kissed her forehead.
Sid: Chal.
    Sid was getting ready in his vanity. His emotions still raw. He told the makeup artists to leave him alone for ten minutes. He heard footsteps and looked around to find Sana with a tray in her hand. Sid wiped his tears. Sana saw it, and kept the tray of the table. She came to him, took his hand and brought him to the sofa.
Sana: Chal breakfast karte hai. Maine bhi nhi kiya hai.
    Sid was sitting with his head bowed down. She lifted his face with her finger.
Sana: Kya hua??
Sid: Kuch nhi.
Sana: Maa ki yaad aa rahi hai??
    Sid chuckled.
Sid: Ha.
Sana: Are chote baby to  mama ke yaad aa rahi hai.
Sid: Very funny.
Sana: Ya kahi uss air hostess ki to nhi??
Sid: Chup kar....
Sana: Tu chahe to Mai uska pata laga sakti hu. Apni bahot pehchaan hai.
Sid: Ha pata hai. Par I'm sorry mujhe kisi ka pata nhi lagvana.
Sana: Nahi na?? Breakfast karna hai?? Ya sab mai he khalu??
Sid: Badi aayi sab khalu. Chidiya itna to khati hai.
Sana: Kuch bhi. Mai to thek se khati hu.
Sid: Ha pata hai, pata hai.
Sana: Dekh aaj Mai ne order kiya, tere liye.
Sid: Ha vohi dekh raha hu.
Sana: Chal shuru ho jaa fir.
Sid: Tu bhi.
Sana: Hmmm
    They both ate in silence.
Sana: Siddharth ek baat bolu??
Sid: Kya??
Sana: Yeh breakfast maine Arun se puch ke mangvaya.
Sid: Tabhi mai bolu, madam kaha se seekh gayi order karna. Ghanto se sirf menu lekar baithna aata hai tujhe.
Sana: Bas bas ab aise bhi kuch nhi hai. Mai bhi order kar sakti hu.
Sid: Accha?? Thek hai. Fir aaj lunch tu order karegi.
Sana: Nahi nhi siddharth please nhi. Aise mat kar yaar. Nahi samjta na mujhe. Kya karu??
Sid: Accha accha thek hai. Chal kha abhi. Bakwaas lagai hai.
Sana: Ha bhai ab hamari baate bakwas lagegi he. Ab to uss air hostess ke baate pasand aaye gi.
Sid: Bas kar meri Maa. Hath jodta hu tere saamne.
    They both laughed aloud.
    The camera was rolled and Sid was giving information about the step well, Rani ki vav. It means Queen's step well. It is a richly sculptured monument, build by Udyavati in memory of her husband Bhima. Sid explained about the structure and architecture of this well. He informed that it is the deepest and oldest well among other 120 wells in Gujarat. He is so good at it. He does his study so well about the places and doesn't need to see the script again and again. And mostly gives his shot in a go. They finished their shoot by lunch time. The next shoot was at salvivad. A place where patola's were woven. Some crew members had left to get the set ready and some were leaving after the lunch. Sid messaged Sana from the vanity. She was instructing an assistant about some paper work. She looked at the screen.
Sid: Lunch karne aa jaa.
    Sana typed back.
Sana: Nahi Siddharth tu kha le. Mai yaha apne colleagues ke sath khaaungi.
Sid: Kyu??
Sana: Aise he.
Sid: Mere sath khaane me problem kya hai??
Sana: Problem yeh hai ki, Mai bhi unki he tarah as an employee aayi hu. To unki sath he khaana chahiye na??
Sid: Aisa zaruri nhi hai. Tu aa rahi hai ya nhi vo bol??
Sana: Siddharth accha nhi lagta na?? Breakfast to maine kar liya. Ab lunch bhi tere sath karu, to pata nhi sab kya soochenge. To tu khaa le. Hum dinner Sath me karte hai. Promise.
Sid: Teri marzi.
    Sana had finished her lunch. She knew Sid was upset about her not having lunch with him. She thought of going to see if he is ok. She was about to climb the vanity when a crew member came out with a tray of untouched food.
Sana: Yeh kya hai??
Crew: Vo sir ne kaha unhe nhi khana hai. Aur le jaane ko kaha.
    Arun came out of the vanity. Sana took the tray from the crew and told him to go. She looked at Arun. Arun shook his head and went away. Sana went inside. Sid was laying on the bed. His eyes closed and legs shaking.
Sana kept the tray on the table and stood with her hands folded to the chest looking at him. Sid still did not open his eyes.
Sana: Khana kyu nhi khaya??
Sid: Tujhe kya hai?? Mai khau ya nhi, tujhe matlab??
Sana: Siddharth yeh kya bachpana hai yaar. Tu samaj na....
Sid: Maine tujhe kuch bola kya?? Mera mann nhi hai khaane ka.. Tu kyu zabardasti ka pareshaan ho rahi hai.
Sana: Mai jaanti hu, tu kyu nhi kha raha hai.
Sid: Ghanta tu kuch jaanti hai.
Sana: Siddharth kya hai yaar?? Tu samjta kyu nhi hai meri problem ko.
    He did not respond. He closed his eyes again.
Sana: Siddharth mai kuch bol rahi hu na??
Sid: Dekh mai samaj gaya. Mujhe nhi khana tha. Tujhe kya hai?? Tu chod na. Jaa ab tu. Mere sar me dard ho raha hai.
Sana: Khana nhi khayega to sar me dard hoga he. Yeh khana mai yaha chode jaa rahi hu. Tujhe meri kasam hai. Ab teri marzi hai. Dekh tujhe kya karna hai.
    Sana turned and left. She very well knew, he will eat now. It was 3:30 when Sid came out of his vanity, gave Sana a stare, sat in the car and left for Salvivad. Sana and others production left in other vehicle.
    Salvivad is a place where patola is woven, along with places where clay toys are made. Sid here explained how patola saris, one of the finest saris are woven here. It is a speciality of Patan. He showed how delicate patterns are woven with great precision and clarity. A patola saree takes 4 to 6 month to make depending upon how complicated the design is. They are only two families making patola sarees. They don't teach this art to anyone. Only their sons are eligible to learn. Sid interviewed their family members too. The shoot went smoothly and it was a wrap by five in the evening. Sid came out of the vanity ready to leave for the hotel. He saw Sana coming towards him.
Sana: Siddharth tu hotel chal. Mujhe kuch kaam hai, Mai baad me aati hu.
Sid: Kyu kya problem hai??
Sana: Nahi nhi aise he thoda kuch technical issues hai. Dekh kar aati hu.
Sid: Mai rukta hu.
Sana: Mat kar na aise Siddharth. Please jaa.
Sid: Thek hai. Kar tujhe jo karna hai.
    Sid turned to leave towards the car, then turned and came to her, looking into her eyes. He brought his finger towards her
Sid: Aur next time se mujhe kabhi bhi apni kasam mat dena.
    Sana hid her smile.
Sid: Has mat. Tu aaj mil shaam me. Dekhta hu tujhe, mai.
    Sid left leaving a happy Sana behind.

Click on the⭐ And drop a 💬 if you liked this chapter.