Past & Present.

She had clinched to him tightly with her fingers, as if fearing he may leave her and go. She had fallen asleep within few minutes. Her faced look so beautiful. He could die for this girl. What?? His brain asked with a shock. Oh shut up, said his heart to his brain. Sleep was not coming to him tonight. It has said goodbye and left. He remember that morning, when she had broken down in that hotel room six years back. He had felt just the same as today.

Morning After The Cocktail Party.
    They was a knock on the door and Sid opened it. A delivery boy gave him a packet and left. Sid came to Sana. She was still on the sofa, wiping her tears. He gave Sana the packet.
Sid: Yeh tere liye dress hai. Mujhe pata nhi kaisa hai. Jaa bathroom me jaa. Change kar. Breakfast bhi aa jaayega abhi.
     Sana took the packet and stood up. She went to the bathroom. Why were her tears affecting him so much?? He thought. She is such an innocent girl yaar. Who is she?? He needs to find out more about her. Are you falling for her?? His heart asked. Don't be stupid. His brain scolded his heart. The breakfast has arrived now and Sid was pacing the floor, feeling nervous, he didn't know why. Sana came out in a navy blue blouse and a beige plated skirt. She has tied her hair in a bun and looked stunning. She came and stood in front of him. Sid felt he has lost his heart to this girl. What?? Are you crazy?? You don't even know her. His brain said.
Sana: Thank you Siddharth jee.
Sid: Ek minute, ek minute. Yeh Siddharth jee kya hai??
Sana: Vo...
Sid: Meri Maa mujhe Siddharth bulati hai aur friends Sid. Ab tu choose kar tujhe kya bulana hai.
Sana: Siddharth.
    Sid raised his eyebrows.
Sid: Ok. Yeh bhi thek hai.
    They both smiled, looking into each other's eyes, longer then necessary. He saw Sana turn pink. Sid has never seen a girl turn pink under his gaze. She was different. She was unique.
Sana: Siddharth....
    Sid came out of his trance.
Sid: Haa.... Oh sorry.... Chalo breakfast karte hai.
    He served her omelet and applied butter over her bread. He felt Sana's gaze over him. He looked up.
Sid: Kya hua??
Sana: Yeh mere liye kabhi kisine nhi kiya.
Sid: Kya??
Sana: Nahi.... Kuch nhi.
Sid: Sana?? Agar hum aage bhi kabhi sath khaane baithe to mai tumhe aise he serve karna chahunga. Agar Tu permission de to??
    Sana nodded getting emotional again.
Sid: Come on, eat now.
    They ate in silence. This silence was also beautiful, just like his companion. They finished their breakfast.
Sana: Mujhe chalna chahiye. Mahi di ko pata chala to bahot daat padegi mujhe.
Sid: Mahi se tera kya rishta hai??
Sana: Dil ka, dosti ka, pyar ka.
Sid: Accha. To Tu uski koi cousin nhi hai??
Sana: Nahi.
Sid: Ok.
Sana: Mai chalu??
Sid: Driver chod dega mera.
Sana: Ok.
    She started walking to the door and turned and came back.
Sana: Siddharth mai tumhe kal raat ke liye shukriya kaise bolu??
Sid: Jaana, please thank you mat bol yaar. Mujhe accha nhi lag raha hai.
Sana: Kyu??
    She asked innocently. Sid took her face in his hand and kissed her forehead.
Sid: Bye.
    Sana cheeks coloured. She gave him a shy smile and left the room, making the room colourless and lifeless. But he was happy that he would be meeting her again in just a few hours for the Puja at Jay and Mahi's booked resort.

    Sid got up to find his bed empty. When did she leave?? He had fallen asleep, holding her tightly to him. But now his arms were empty. Did he dream of sleeping with her in his arms?? No he did not. He could still smell her fragrance. It was real. He got ready and walked to her room. He knocked and she opened it for him. He went inside and their eyes locked. He hugged her and kissed her forehead.
Sid: Tu thek hai??
Sana: Hmmm
Sid: Chale.
Sana: Chal.
Sahstralinga Talav is a medieval artificial water tank. It was commissioned during Chaulukya rule. It is now empty and in a ruined state. The story of Jasma Odan, wife of a rooda, of an Od community and the chalukya ruler Siddhraj Jaisinh is very fanous. Sid explained thoroughly  the architecture of the tank, telling  the story as to evoke intrest in the viewers. The tank has a spread of 5 kms with good stone masonry embankment.
Sana was sitting on a chair and looking at some papers. Sid came out of the vanity, ready to give his shot. Sana was so engrossed she did not see Sid. The sunlight was falling on Sana's face and Sana has shielded her face with one hand as she was having difficulty in reading what was on the paper. Sid saw that and came and stood in front of her, his back to her, to protect the sunlight from falling on her. Realizing someone standing and shielding her from the hot sun, made her look up. Who else can do this for her. Only this man. Only Siddharth Shukla. The spot boy came to tell him his shot is ready.
But he did not move.
Sid: Ha ruko. Thodi der me aata hu.
He looked behind and she gave him a knowing smile. Sana very well knew, he will not move now. She got up called a spot boy.
Sana: Suno. Yeh meri chair vaha uss umbrella ke neeche rakh do please.
    The boy took the chair. Sana moved forward and stood next to Sid. He looked down at her and their eyes met.
Sana: Jaa ab shot de.
    He smiled at her and left, to give the best. Next was showing the 12 darwajas. Bhagwada, Chhidiya, Mira, Aghara, kothakoee, phatipal, Ghoonghdi, Kanasda, Khansarovar, Motishah, Bhati and lal. These are the doors of the city. There is one window named  Ganesh Bari too. It was six by the time they finished the shoot. All were too tired and returned to the hotel. Sid and Sana climbed in the lift.
Sid: Fresh ho ke aaja chai pite hai.
Sana: Nahi fresh ho kar rest kar. Bahot thak gaya hai tu.
Sid: Aree aise kuch nhi. Aaja.
Sana: Siddharth.... Please. Aaraam kar thoda. Niche dinner ke liye milte hai.
Sid: Ok.
      It was 8:00 pm. Sid had not yet come to the dinning Hall. She wanted to eat with him, so she called him.
Sana: Siddharth....
Sid: Ha jaana aa raha hu, aa raha hu. Vo aakh lag gayi the.
    There he said it again. Her heart skips a beat when he calls that. She took a long breath.
Sid: Kya hua??
Sana: Kuch nhi. Tu aaja jaldi.
    Sana disconnected the call. How can she not love this man?? He was so loving and gentle. And he is the father of your son. And very soon, he will know about it and will never want to see you again. That love and understanding in his eyes will be replaced by hate and pain. But is she the only one responsible for all this?? No. Definitely not. She must have done injustice to the love he had bestowed upon her six years back. But she alone was not at fault. And he may have suffered a lot, but what about her?? Has she not gone through the same. Has she not spend nights crying for him?? Craving for him?? She knows he will not understand, when the truth will be enfolded in front of him, but she can only pray. And when had life been easy on her?? So it's not going to be this time too.
    Sid saw her standing on the open terrace of the dinning hall looking at the moon above. The moonlight making her face look radiant. She is pure beauty. He can never be attracted to any woman, as he is to this one. No woman in this world can pull him to herself as this one does. He went near her. She was lost in thoughts. He stood too close to her, their shoulders touching. They both looking at the moon, and debating who is more beautiful. The moon or their companion. Sana looked at him and there was a sad smile on her face.
Sid: Kya hua??
Sana: Kuch nhi.
Sid: Bolegi bhi??
Sana: Are kuch nhi. Chal dinner karte hai.
    She tried to move but he held her wrist and stopped her. She looked at him in his eyes.
Sid: Bata...
Sana: Kuch nhi Siddharth.... Mai yehi sooch rahi the, ke tu hamesha se bahot khush and happening tha na?? Aur aaj tu jo ho gaya hai, vo mere wajah se na?? Aaj tere paas kitna kuch hai, par sukoon nhi hai. Aur mai jaanti hu, mai zimmedaar hu iss cheez ke liye.
    Sid took her face in his hands and touched his forehead to hers.
Sid: Sana humne soocha hai na, ke hum apne beech Koi bhi dukhi karne wali baate nhi karenge?? Please na. Yeh jo kuch bhi hai isse enjoy karte hai. Mujhe nhi pata aage kya hone wala hai, par aaj me jeete hai na. Mai yeh jo lamhe hai na isse jeena chahta hu. Please.
Sana: Mai bhi.
    Tears were streaming down her eyes and she nodded her head. He took a step back and wiped them with his finger.
Sid: Chale??
Sana: Hmmm. Sorry Siddharth...
    She went into his arms and hugged him tight. He too encircled his arms around her and stroke it trying to calm her down.
Sid: Dinner ke baad room me chalke koi comedy movie dekhenge.
Sana: Nahi romantic.
Sid: Abe mujhe bahot bore hota hai. Chal koi action movie dekhte hai.
Sana: Mai apne room me jaakar so jaati hu.
    Sid chuckled and removed her from his arms.
Sid: Chale ab bahot bhuk lagi hai.
    They had just finished dinner and were sitting talking to the director and assistant director, when a girl in a black one piece and high heels came and tapped on Sid's shoulder. Sana saw Sid look up and give a broad smile to that girl. There was one more with her and a man. The man didn't look Indian. Sid stood up and gave that girl and the foreigner a handshake and a hug. It looked as if he was very happy to see them. The girl's name was Monica and the man was James.
Monica: What a pleasant surprise Sid. Kaha gayab ho gaye the yaar. Kitna contact karne ke koshish ke, but you were never available.
Sid: I know yaar. Hamare uss project ke baad, I left for Turkey. Aur tujhe to pata hai, when I'm on a project no one can distract me.
Monica: Yeh. I know. I know.
Sid: And how are you James. Greece was too much fun buddy.
James: Yes. Yes, definitely it was.
Monica: Oh. I forgot. This is my cousin Neha.
Sid: Oh. Hi Neha. And this is my friend Sana.
    Monica gave Sana a fake smile.
Monica: Ok. Hi Sana. Is she your assistant.
Sid: Are no. She is my very good friend.
Monica: Oh. I'm so sorry Sana. I just thought.
Sana: No. It's ok. No problem. Actually I work for the company he is doing a project nowadays.
    Sana said sarcastically, looked at Sid. It registered on Sid that Sana is upset with the comment made by Monica.
Sid: Aaaa. No she is my friend first and then an employee. Monica, James, please come have a sit.
    They all sat and drinks were ordered. Sid ordered juice for Sana.
Monica: Why juice?? Underage hai kya??
    They all laughed except Sana.
Sana: Mera panch saal ka baccha hai.
Monica: Ha ha kyu nhi. India me shaadi bhi bacchio ki he karte hai na??
Sid: It's not like that nowadays Monica. My country and it's people have Progressed a lot and I'm proud of my country.
Sana did not like this. Who is she to pass comment, and why did Sid order juice for Sana. He should have at least asked. Sana saw, that Sid was so engrossed in talking to his long lost friends and their cousin, that he forgot Sana. That cousin Neha was eyeing Sid as if he was her favorite ice cream. Sana was getting irritated seeing all this. She at this moment wanted to be in Sid's room watching that movie he had promised. But it was evident that Sid has forgotten all about it. Sana felt hurt and frustrated and stood up.
Sana: Siddharth, Mai chalti hu.
Monica: Bye. Good night Sana.
    Sana looked at Sid and he looked Sana's way.
Sid: Kyu?? Bait na thodi der baby.
Sana: Nahi vo mai...
Sid: Neend aa rahi hai??
Sana: Hmmm.
Sid:  Chal mai chod aata hu teko. Tu aaraam kar.
      Sana felt Sid has punched her.
Sana: Nahi. It's ok. Mai chali jaaungi. You enjoy with your friends.
     She turned and walked to her room. Angry and dismayed.

Click on the⭐ And drop a 💬 if you liked this chapter.