Day Of The Puja Six Years Back.

It was a week since their return from Patan. Sid would call Sana in the mornings before she leaves for work and at nights. They would speak for long hours at night. Sid had spoken to Zoro too. Sid had once called in the morning and Sana was getting ready for work.
Sana: Hmmm bol....
Sid: Kya kar rahi hai??
Sana: Office jaane ki tayari. Aaj late ho gayi yaar.
Sid: Kyu??
Sana: Zoro sir school nhi gayi.
Sid: Accha?? Kyu??
Sana: School bus aane ke time unke stomach me pain ho raha tha. Aur ab theek ho gaya.
Sid laughed out loud.
Sana: Tu hass kya raha hai?? Usko school nhi jaana tha. Bahana banaya.
Sid: Samaj gaya mai. Mai bhi bachpan me aisi he karta tha.
Sana: Ha tere pe gaya hai.
It slipped off her tongue and she bit it.
Sid: Kya??
Sana: Ha... Dekh na tere jaise he harkate kar rahaa hai yeh.
Sid: Ohhh.
Zoro came jumping in her room and climbed on the sofa.
Sana: Zoro gir jaaoge beta. Kitna uchal kud karte rehte ho?? Ab nhi dard ho raha aapke stomach me??
Zoro: Nahi ab chala gaya.
Sana: Ha pata hai, sab drama aapka.
Zoro: Mama, aap Siddharth uncle se baat kar rahe ho??
Sana: Ha beta...
Zoro: Mujhe bhi baat karni hai.
Sana: Siddharth, vo Zoro....
Sid: Sana de usse fone.
Sana gave the mobile to Zoro.
Sana: Lo. Aur niche bait kar baat karo. Gir jaaoge.
Sid was listening to this duo. He so wanted to be a part of this.
Zoro: Hello Siddharth uncle.
Sid: Hello baccha. How are you??
Zoro: I'm fine. How are you??
Sid: I'm fine too. Kya ho gaya aaj aap school kyu nhi gaye??
Zoro: Vo uncle mere stomach me bahot pain ho raha tha aaj.
Sid laughed aloud.
Sid: Accha??
Zoro: Nahi sach me. Bahot dard tha.
Sid: Ok ok.
Zoro: Siddharth uncle aap mere ghar kab aaoge??
Sid: Jald he beta.
Zoro: Aapne promise kiya tha na ke aap mere sath fir se video game khelne aauge??
Sid: Ha ha kyu nhi.
Zoro: Kab aaoge??
Sid: Mai aur aapki mama decide karenge aur mai aa jaaunga.
Zoro: Ok. Bye uncle.
Sid: Bye meri jaan.
Sid and Sana were talking. It was two at night.
Sana: Chal ab so jaa. Mujhe bhi neend aa rahi hai.
Sid: Nahi ruk na.
Sana: Siddharth neend aa rahi hai. Morning me Zoro ko school bhejte time meri aakhe band hoti rehti hai.
Sid: Accha theek hai, thek hai. Jaa so ja.
Sana: Bye. Goodnight.
Sid: Goodnight.
Sid lay awake. He could still remember every minute details about her on the day of Puja, six years back.
               DAY OF THE PUJA.
Sid has reached the resort on time. The puja was to be held, before all the wedding functions start, from the next day. He scanned the Hall. But Sana was nowhere to be seen. He thought of messaging her, but then changed his mind. He had taken her number before she has left his hotel in the morning. There was a tap on his shoulder and he looked to see Jay behind.
Jay: Kaha gayab ho gaya tu achanak kal raat ko?? Hum sath baitne wale the na??
Sid: Haa yaar.....Vo kuch kaam yaad aa gaya.... Isliye chala gaya.
Mahi came walking towards them wearing a red sari. She was looking beautiful. She slapped Sid on his arm.
Mahi: Kaha tha tu??
Sid: Kaha matlab?? Yahi to tha
Mahi: Jhut mat bol.
Sid: Aree jhut kya?? Vaise bahot pyari lag rahi hai. Kyu Jay??
Jay: Kaha se?? Mujhe to nhi lag rahi.
Sid: Abe shukar maan usne tujhe haa bola. Nahi to zindagi bhar kavara he reh jaata.
Jay: Ab aise bhi kuch nhi hai.
Mahi: Aise he hai.
Jay: Mahi, Sana kaha hai??
Mahi: Aa rahi hai. Abhi daat ke aa rahi hu usse. Kuch bhi kaam me lag jaati hai. Kitna bol rahi hu, ki tu yaha sirf enjoy karne aayi hai. Par maanti he nhi. Aur Jay teri chachi bhi bahot piche padi rehti hai uske.
Jay: Chachi se baat karni padegi ab.
Sid: Vaise yeh Sana hai kon.
Jay: Mahi ki bahot special friend.
Mahi: Sid mila tu usse??
Sid: Ha mai vo kal...
Mahi: Bahot pyari hai na??
Sid: Ha bahot..
At that time Mahi and Jay were called to perform the puja. Sana was still not to be seen. The puja started. Sid was standing at the entrance of the Hall. Mahi's Parents came and told him to take a seat in the front, but he denied. He wanted to be where he is now, so that he knows when Sana enters the Hall. And then after few minutes, Sid heard a jingling sound of glass bangles. He turned around to see her coming running towards the hall. She was wearing a yellow and red color saree with bindi and bangles. Her hair was plaited and adorned with flowers
She looked divine. He wants her to be his. The thought made him shudder. Never in his entire life, has he felt about any girl as he is feeling about this one. He is going crazy over her. She entered the Hall, looked his way and then moved forward and sat in the last second row on the carpet. Her face was expressionless. Why?? Why did she not smile at him?? He messaged her.
Sid: Sar dard thek hai??
Her mobile must have vibrated she removed it and saw his message. She then looked his way and gave him a sad smile. Sad?? Why sad?? He wants to see her happy. He wants to make her happy. He messaged her again.
Sid: Mujhe bahar garden me aakar mil.
She saw the message and again looked his way. She shook her head slightly.
Sid: Please....
She saw the message. And nodded not looking at him this time. After few minutes Sana walked in the garden to find Sid on a call. She was about to turn and go when he looked his way.
Sid: Sana...
She stopped. Sid disconnected the call.
Sid: Kaha jaa rahi hai??
Sana: Vo andar...
Sid came closer to her and looked at her.
Sid: Kya hua hai Sana?? Tu aise udaas kyu hai??
Sana: Kuch nhi.... Vo mai....
Sid: Mujhe tujhe yeh dena tha??
He opened his palm and there lay her earrings which she had worn last night.
Sid: Yeh mere bed ke pillow ke neeche the....
She picked it up from his palm. And closed it in her fist. They heard someone calling out Sana's name. It was Jay's chachi.
Jay's chachi: Abe oo ladki tu yaha kya kar rahi hai?? Jaa vo kamare me kitna samaan bikhara pada hai. Jaa sameet le. Har kaam bolna padta hai.
Sana looked at Sid. He saw pain and helplessness in her eyes. She turned away from him.
Sana: Jee chachi.
She ran inside.
Jay's chachi: Sid beta, tum yaha kya kar rahe ho??
Sid: Jee vo mai...
Chachi: Chalo, andar chalo beta.
Sid felt confused and restless. What was this behavior. How dare this woman talks to Sana like this?? He wants to search where she is. He wants to know who she is. Sid rushed to the Hall. His heart beating faster. He dashed into Jay and some of their friends.
Jay: Siddharth, kya hai bhai?? Kaha bhaga chala jaa raha hai??
Sid: Are vo Sa..
Jay: Dekh kon kon aaya hai. Kab se puch rahe hai tere baare me.
He calmed himself. He will have to take it slow. He doesn't want Sana to fall in some trouble because of him. He will find out about her, when he is alone with Jay.
Sid was sitting on the sofa, with his other college friends. But his heart was somewhere else. It's been a few minutes, he just wanted to get up and go. He stood up and saw Sana passing by. Her eyes were swollen and red. Seeing that, the glass he was holding slipped from his fingers and crushed to the ground. Sana stopped and looked his way. Sid felt he was burning from inside. Her tears were having a totally different kind of effect on him. Jay and others stood up looking at the glass on the floor and Sid's expression.
Jay: Siddharth kya hua yaar??
Jay's chachi came along.
Jay's chachi: Kya hua??
Jay: Vo kuch nhi chachi, Siddharth ke hath se glass gir gaya. Kisiko....
Jay's chachi: Aye ladki.... Utha yeh kaach ke tukde... Dekh kya rahi hai
Sana moved forward to pick the glass.
Sid: What the....
Sid was outrageous. He will not tolerate this. He thought and moved forward. But Jay moved before him.
Jay: Bas kare chachi... Aap to uske piche he padi ho. Mai aapka lihaaz....
Mahi came and saw the scene.
Mahi: Sana.... Hath vaha se..... Jay I had told you before also.
She came towards Sana and turned her to face her.
Mahi: Aur tu.... Tujhe kaha hai na ki Tu koi kaam nhi karegi. Tu koi naukar nhi hai.... Samjhi Tu??
Sana: Di vo....
Mahi: Abhi mai bahot gusse me hu. Tu apne kamre me jaa.
Sana looked towards Sid and ran towards her room. Sid felt his heart bleeding. He felt an unknown pain in his heart. Jay was arguing with his chachi and Mahi was fuming with anger. He slipped from the spot and ran towards the rooms. He did not knew which one was hers. He asked someone and he showed Sid the room. Sid knocked on the door. It was opened by a crying Sana. He looked at her and wanted to take her in his arms and hug her tight. But he was not sure how she will react.
Sana: Siddharth aap jaao yaha se please...
Sid: Sana yaar....
Sana: Mai aap logo jaisi nhi hu. Aap mere baare me kuch nhi jaante. Please aap chale jaao. Kal aapne bahot bada ehsaan kiya hai mujhpe, par ab aap mujse dur rahiye. Mai koi aap jaisi badi nhi hu.
Sid: Yaha bada koi nhi hai
Sana: Yeh sab bolne ki baate hai.
Sid: Par Mai iss cheez ko maanta hu. And I like you. Seeing you cry is making my heart bleed sweetheart.
Sana: Like?? Aap jaante kya ho mere baare me. Aapko pata hai, Mai ek beauty parlor me kaam karne wali maamuli se ladki hu?? Vo to Mahi di ke nazar iss gareeb ladki par padi aur vo khush naseeb ban gayi. Yeh jo kapde maine pehne hai aur jo kal bhi maine pehne the na vo bhi mere nhi hai. Aur...
She went inside and he too stepped in. She brought the earrings he had given her this morning.
Sana: Aur yeh... Yeh jo aapne subah mujhe lautaya hai na vo bhi Mahi di ka hai.
He took Sana by her shoulder.
Sid: Sana mujhe yeh sab cheezo se farak nhi padta.
Sana: Par mujhe padta hai. Tum bade logo ki baat he kuch aur hoti hai bhai. Hum to bass Tum logo ke kaam karne itni he aukaat rakhte hai. Tum....
Sid: Yeh tu isliye keh rahi hai kyuki tu mujhe jaanti nhi hai.
Sana: Siddharth meri life bahot complicated hai. Bahot zyaada complicated. Please apne aap ko mujse dur rakho. Mai bilkul nhi chahiti ke meri badkismati aap ko chu kar bhi jaaye.
Sid: Aur Mai chahta hu ki mai tujhe khush deko. Yeh jo tere aakho me  dukh hai, taklif hai, Mai hamesha ke liye dur kar du.
Sana: Itna aasaan nhi hai yeh. Please request kar rahi hu chale jaao aap yaha se.
She took her face in her hands and started crying. Sid pulled her arm and gripped it with his fingers.
Sid: Sun.... Agar tujhe mera tera kareeb aana pasand nhi hai to bol. Varna yeh bade chote ka gyan mujhe mat de. Tu ek baar mujhe seedhe mere aakho me dekh kar keh de ke mai chala jaau. Fir kabhi laut ke nhi aaunga.
At that moment her mobile started buzzing. Sid grip loosened. She wiped her tears and picked it up. Sid was looking at her helplessly. He was feeling frustrated. Why was she not letting him in her life. He wants to be a part of her life and wanted her to be his.
Sana: Jee di??..... Nahi ro rahi..... Di aap mere liye kitna pareshaan hoti rahogi.... Aapko mere wajah se yaha bhi sab se ladna pad raha hai.... Di yeh aapki shaadi hai..... Please aap bhai se mat lado, mere wajah se. ...... Mann nhi hai di...... Accha aa rahi hu.
Sid stood there looking at her crying through out the phone call. He wanted to take her beautiful face and kiss all her tears away. But she was pushing him away. She disconnected the call and looked at him.
Sana: Vo di mujhe lunch karne bula rhi hai. Aur vo nhi khaayegi jab tak mai nhi jaati. Sorry Siddharth aap bahot acche ho, par mai kabhi aapki nhi ho sakte.
She ran out of the room towards the dinning hall. Sid felt dejected. He wanted to leave this place. Nothing interests him, if she is not with him. He was walking towards the dinning hall. He will bid Jay and Mahi goodbye and leave. He don't want to be here if Sana doesn't want to have him.