Dreadful Night Six Years Ago.

All the teammates had retired to their respective rooms. Sana searched for Sid and found him sitting on a bench in the garden near a pond. The air was cold and she shivered. She went and sat next to him. They both sat quietly for a few minutes. Sana looked at Sid.
Sana: I'm sorry na Siddharth. Aise gussa mat ho na baby.
Sid: Mai gussa nhi hu.
Sana: Tu gussa hai. Tune mujhe dekh kar ek baar bhi smile nhi ki. Na he Mujhse baat ki.
Sid: Aise kuch nhi hai. Mera mood thek nhi hai.
Sana: To thek kar apna mood.
Sid: Ho jaayega, thode time me.
Sana: Nahi abhi kar.
Sid: Ha baby thoda time de mujhe. Thek ho jaaunga mai.
Sana: Dekh tu agar apna mood nhi thek karega to Mai iss pond me utar jaaungi.
        Sid's mobile started ringing. He picked up the call and walked a few steps away from Sana, speaking on the phone. He heard splashing of water and turned around to see, Sana standing in the pond. Her body soaked from head to toe. Sid disconnected the call and rushed to the pond.
Sid: What the hell?? Pagal hai kya tu?? Nikal bahar. Abhi.
He leaned to the pond offering his hand to her. She took it and came out. Shivering. Sid was very upset.
Sid: Yeh kya bachpana hai?? Bewakuf kahi ki.
He took her shivering body in his arms.
Sid: Chal room me.
Sid took her to her room. Removed clothes and towel from her wardrobe. He wiped her face and hair.
Sid: Jaana Kapde...
Sana: Mai change karke aati hu.
Sid: Hmmm
Sana came out of the bathroom within few minutes. Sid was sitting on the edge of the bed. She came and stood in front of him. Sid looked up with anger in his eyes.
Sid: Yeh kya tha Jaana?? Kitni thand hai yaha. Yeh pagal pan kyu??
Sana: Tu mujhse baat he nhi kar raha hai.
Sid: To yeh sab.... Kya bolu mai....
Sana sat on his lap and encircled her hand around his neck. His hands automatically circled around her waist. He looked in her eyes and a faint smile appeared on his face.
Sid: Thoda sa dimaag kam hai kya tujhe??
Sana: Haa.
Sid: Tu thoda bhi nhi badli. Ek bacche ke Maa hai par bachpana nhi gaya.
She gave a naughty smile.
Sid: Baal thek se sukha apne. Bimaar ho jaayegi.
After few minutes they slept in each others arms, setting the alarm for the next morning.
The team reached the sunrise view point before sunrise. As the darkness begins to give in, and welcomes another new day the mighty peaks starts to glimmer in the first soft lights. As it brightens up progressively, the Western most object, leftmost in the view on 180 degrees plane appears like a mammoth square wall of snow. This is Chamlang. It is 24000 feet above sea level. Just a little rightward from which appears the Titanic of all mountains of this planet. Mount Everest. Lhotse and Makalu stand close by. Almost at the center stage of the spectacle poised in grand prominence is mount Kanchenjunga along with her sister peaks. Between the Chomolungma, a Tibetan name for Mount Everest which means mother of all mountains and Kanchenjunga stands the "Three sister peaks" named due to their apparent similarity and proximity. Slightly right from the sleeping Buddha other prominent peak of Sikkim like kabru, Kumbhkarna, Simvo, Goeche and Pandim are visible. Gaze rightward and even the distant Joguno and Narsing massifs of Tibet make an appearance. Chomolhari from Bhutan complete the panorama to the far right. Kangto aka, kangte of Arunachal pradesh, which is disputed between India and China, is also visible. The magic of colours is breathtaking as the moments go by till the sun actually pulls up off the horizon. What makes the exhibition even more dramatic is how the array of the great Himalaya's treasure rise beyond the sea of clouds underneath. Waving and engulfing the valley of Singalila. Sid, then concluded by saying.
Sid: Sadly however I try to put it in words, words would remain mere words, futile and insignificant, in justifying the reality, which has to be witnessed with one's own pair of eyes. To know what it actually looks like.
        Sid eyes then shifted to the person whose rare beauty is so bewitching that it has clutched him for the last six years. The camerman did a thumbs up and Sid gave a loving smile to his Jaan who was sitting on a large stone nearby. He walked to her and brought his hand forward. She took it in hers giving him a shy smile. He pulled her up to him and brought her so close, that their faces were inches away from each other. They were now not worried about what the others would think. They wanted to enjoy each other and this beauty around them. Sana removed her mobile from her pocket and took a selfie of them together, with this mesmerizing and breathtaking view around them. Sid removed a lock of her from her cheek and shifted it behind her ear, gazing at her lovingly.
Sid: You know how beautiful you are Jaana??
Sana shook her head and he chuckled.
Sid: Tu mere liye duniya ke sabse khubsurat ladki hai.
Sana hid her face in his neck, feeling shy and Sid held her warm body closer. Warm?? No no. It was hot. He lifted her face from his neck and brought his hand to her forehead. It was burning.
Sid: Jaana tujhe to bukhaar hai yaar.
Sana: Nahi to?? Kuch bhi mat bol.
Sid: Baby tera sar kitna garam hai aur pura face red ho raha hai.
Sana: Siddharth kuch nahi hai. Thoda sa fever normal hai. Hotel jaake medicine le lungi, thek...
Sid: Arun...
Arun came rushing towards them.
Sid: Hum ab hotel jaa rahe hai. Jaldi se doctor arrange karo. Sana ko fever hai.
Sana: Siddharth....
Sid took her hand and led her. The doctor was waiting when they reached the hotel. He examined Sana and gave her medicine. The doctor instructed to do blood test, if the fever does not reduce till the next day. But he assured that it was just because the climate is very cold. The doctor left and Sid turned to the intercom. He ordered breakfast and turned around. His face grim. Sana lifted her hand towards him, spreading her arms and indicating him to come to her.
Sana: Siddharth....
Sid: Tujhe pata hai na yeh kyu hua hai Jaana??
Sana: Tu fir se gussa ho raha hai.
Sid: To kya karu?? Khush ho jaau?? Tune kal aise uss pond me nhi jaana chahiye tha.
Sana: Accha thek hai sorry na. Ab mere paas aa. Mujhe apne baaho me le. Mai bimaar hu na??
Sid chuckled and went to her, taking her in his arms.
Sid: Dramebaaz.
Sana's fever has subdued, but was feeling, weak. She was still not well, until they reached mumbai airport. Sid took her to her home. Zoro welcomed them with a smiling face and they both felt happy. He saw to it that she was comfortable and then went home.
Maa was not home when Sid returned. He took a bath, changed and was sitting, sipping tea in the Hall when Maa returned. She gave him a loving smile and came and sat next to him.
Maa: Kab aaya tu?? Late ho gaya tujhe?? Flight late the kya??
Sid: Nahi Maa. Vo Sana ko thek nhi hai. Usse uske ghar pe chod kar aaya. Isliye late ho gaya.
Maa: Oh accha. Thek hai.
Maa was about to get up, when Sid stopped her.
Sid: Maa aapke paas time ho to mujhe Sana ke baare me aapko batana hai.
Maa: Ha ha. Bol na...
Sid told her everything about what had happened six years back. How he met Sana, how truly he loved her. And then how truth was revealed to him about her husband. Maa heard everything without interrupting. He also told how her not having a husband was revealed at Mahi's place.
They both sat quietly for few minutes.
Maa: Siddharth.... Yeh sab..... Isiliye to itne saal bhatakta raha??
Sid: Maa iss me Sana ki koi galti nhi hai. Mai khud he nafrat me itna andha ho gaya tha..
Maa: Mai bilkul bhi nhi keh rahi ki Sana ki koi galti hai. Par jiss wajah se tu usse nafrat karne laga tha, vo yeh the ki usne pati hote hue bhi tujhse rishta banaya. Sahi??
Sid: Ha Maa.
Maa: Tu vo wajah to ab bhi hai na??
Sid: Kya matlab??
Maa: Kya tune jaan ne ke koshish ki ke usne tujhse vo baat kyu chupayi?? Kya majburi thi uski. Mai Sana se sirf do, teen baar mili hu, par iss baat ki guarantee deti hu, ke vo koi galat ladki nhi hai. Tujhe uski pichle zindagi ke baare me pata karna chahiye tha Siddharth. Yaha kahi kuch bahot bada gap hai.
Sid: Ha Maa mujhe bhi vo feel hota hai. Par mere aane ki baad hum ek dusre ke karib aa rahe the, to meri himmat nhi hue kuch pata karne ki. Mai usse fir se dur nhi jaana chahta tha.
Maa: To ab tune kya soocha hai?? Yeh yaad rakh uska baccha hai.
Sid: Abhi to kuch soocha nhi hai. Bas yeh project khatm ho jaaye. Fir baithkar baat karunga usse. Par ek baat to tai hai Maa. Mai ab Sana ko apne zindagi se dur nhi jaane dunga.
Maa: Thek hai.
Sid: Maa??
Maa: Hmmm??
Sid: Kya aap mere faisle se naraaz ho??
Maa: Nahi. Bilkul nhi. Mujhe bas teri khushi chahiye. Aur mujhe Sana aur Zoro pata nhi kyu apne se lagte hai.
Sid: Thanks Maa.
Maa left from the room and Sid felt relived. But Maa was right. He really needs to know what is Sana's past. He remembers that night after the reception, when his heart was broken and scattered into pieces.

THAT DREADFUL NIGHT SIX YEARS BACK.
The reception was over and Jay and Mahi had left to a different hotel. It was 1:30 at night. They all were to leave for Mumbai the next day. Sid and Sana were sitting on a bench in the far corner of the garden, their fingers entwined into each other's.
Sid: Mumbai jaate he hum milenge. Mujhe tumhe Maa se milana hai.
Sana: Siddharth mujhe tujhko bahot kuch batana hai.
Sid: Ha bol na Jaana.
Sana: Siddharth mai...
Sid: Baby hum ek kaam karte hai, mere hotel chalte hai. Vaha aaraam se baat karte hai.
Sana: Abhi?? Kisine dekha to??
Sid: Baby jise dekhna hai dekh le. Mai nhi darta. Aur ab tu bhi yeh darna chod de. Shaadi ke dauraan koi problem na ho isliye mai thoda bach ke rehta tha. Par ab uski koi zarurat nhi hai. Hum galat thodi kar rahe hai. Chal uth. Kisi ne dekha to mai hu na??
Sid pulled her from the bench and started leading her out of the garden. They saw Jay's chachi with one more woman coming. Sana removed her hand from Sid's, but chachi saw it. She came forward.
Chachi: Yeh kya ho raha hai?? Aur tu kaha jaa rahi hai??
Sana: Kahi nhi chachi. Vo siddharth....
Chachi: Aise kisi parai admi ka hath pakadte sharam nhi aati??
Sid: Chachi aap Sana se aise baat nhi kar sakti. Vo mere sath aa rahi hai. Aap ko koi objection hai??
Chachi: Tumhare sath...
Sid: Mai Sana se pyar karta hu, aur usse koi badtamizi kare mujhe pasand nhi.
There was a shock on both chachi and the other woman's face.
Woman: Pyar?? Par didi yeh to shadi shuda hai na??
Sid thought he has not heard it right. No definitely he has not heard it right. He looked at Chachi and saw her looking at Sana with shock and anger.
Chachi: Kaisi ladki hai tu?? Shadi shuda ho kar kavare ladko ko fasati hai??
Sid did not had the courage to look at Sana. He didn't want to see the guilt on her face, but he felt Sana shivering next to him. He slowly shifted his eyes and saw fear on Sana's face. Words were not able to form in Sid's mouth. His legs were trembling. No. This can't be true. His Sana cannot be a cheat. She can't be married. But the look on her face said something else.
Sid: Sana....
Sana looked up at him. Her expression said it all. That meant what chachi was saying was true. He shifted his gaze again to chachi.
Chachi: Are beta Tu kaha fass gaya... Yeh ladki ka pati hai. Jab dekho tab apne pati se zagda karke Mahi ke ghar aakar bait jaati hai. Vo bichara kitni baar aata hai manane. Par isko to bade logo me rehne ka chaska jo laga hai. Ari abhi to Mahi ki shadi ho gayi hai. Rehne de sukun se un dono ko. Aur beta Tu kaise fass gaya iske jaal me?? Ek Mahi kafi nhi the?? Yeh chote log hote he aise hai. Bade logo ko fasa kar unse paise aitna unke fitrat me he hota hai.
Sid looked at Sana and saw her pleading with her eyes. She tried to touch his arm with her shaking hands.
Sana: Siddharth...
Sid: Sana tu sach me shadi shuda hai??
Chachi: Aur nhi to kya?? Mai yeh baat jhut kyu bolungi??
Sid: Jaana please bol na. Yeh jhut hai na?? You are not married na??
Sana: Siddharth Tu chal yaha se. Mai sab samjhati hu tujhe.
     Sana took his arm but he jerked it away.
Sid: Nahi tu mujhe abhi yaha bata.
Sana: Please aise mat kar. Hum jaa rahe hai na tere hotel vaha baat karenge.
Sid: Sana tu mujhe abhi bata aur yahi bata.
Chachi: Ruk ek minute Siddharth. Sana tera pati hai ya nhi??
Sana: Ha hai.
    Sid looked at her, stunned. She was standing with her head bowed down and tears were flowing from her eyes. Sid took his step back, looking at her, feeling ditched. He felt his heart was bleeding. The pain was unbearable. He didn't feel like seeing her. He felt dirty, ugly. Sid turned and walked towards the parking. He heard Sana calling out his name, but he did not look back. That was the last he had seen Sana.
        He had drank the whole night. He doesn't know how, but he woke up in his room to the noise of Sheetal and Sana in his doorway. He went to the door and saw Sana looking at him accusingly and then turned and left. He had asked what sheetal was doing there and she had told she had checked in the hotel last night and found him drunk in the bar. She said that she had brought him to his room last night. Sid had dismissed Sheetal, packed his bag and left for mumbai.

Click on the⭐ And drop a 💬 if you liked this chapter.