Morning After The Cocktail Party

They reached the hotel Grand Raveta around seven thirty. Their rooms were not on the same floor. Sana has seen to it, as they were not into talking terms last week. But now she regretted it. Arun was at the reception instructing for total privacy. Sid and Sana climbed the lift.
Sana: Tumhara fifth floor pe hai.
Sid: Kya matlab?? Aur tera??
Sana: Third.
Sid: Tune jaan bhuj kar kiya na ye??
Sana nodded.
Sid: Nahi mujhe nhi pata tu mujhe mere floor pe chahiye.
Sana: Siddharth yeh ab possible nhi hai.
Between this argument there reached the third floor. Sana came out of the lift followed by Sid.
Sid: I don't care.
Sana: Pagal hai tu??
Sid: Haa.
Sana: Siddharth kya hai yaar. Dekh iss baar rehne dete hai. Next trip, I promise ke mai ek he floor pe karvaungi.
Sid: Sana.... Agar agli aadhe gante pe me tune apne room mere floor pe change nhi karvaga to, mai check out karva lunga.
Sana: Aur kaha jaayega??
Sid: Vo jo Arun hai na?? Vo mera jinnie hai. Vo sab kuch kar sakta hai. Zarurat padi to Ahmedabad chala jaaunga. Vaha se kal shoot ke liye aaunga. Par yaha nhi rahunga.
Sana: Accha.... Iska matlab tu unta dur jaakar rahega. Par iss hotel me alag floor pe nhi rahega??
Sid: Haa...
Sana: Aise kyu??
Sid: Bas zid hai meri ab yeh.
Sana: Siddharth yeh kya bachpana hai. Ab mai yeh kaise karu....
Sid: Thek hai mai Arun ko bol deta hu.
Sana: Thek hai. Thek hai mai kuch karti hu. Tu usko mat bol. Par ab tu jaa apne kamre mai. Sab aate jaate dekh rahe hai.
Sid: Mujhe kisi ke parvah nhi hai.
Sana: Ha pata hai. Par please ab tu jaa. Taake mai kuch jugad laga saku.
Sid: Thek hai. Sirf aadha ghanta hai tere paas.
Sana: Hath jodti hu tere saamne. Jaa ab.
Sid chuckled and pressed the lift button.
Sid: Wait kar raha hu mai.
Sana: Ha ha jaa ab.
The lift came and he climbed in it giving her a mischievous smile.
It was almost twenty minutes. There was no call from Sana. He dialled her number.
Sana: Bol.
Sid: Tu abhi tak shift hue ya nhi.
Sana: Siddharth kar rahi hu na try??
Sid: Tere paas surf dus minute hai ab.
Sana: Ha ha. Tu call rakhega ab?? Pareshaan kar ke rakha hai.
It was exactly after ten minutes, that his mobile buzzed. He picked it up, lying on the bed.
Sana: Ho gayi shift. Ho gayi. Mili shanti?? Baat mat karna mujhe ab.
Sid: Aree kyu??
Sana: Nahi baat karni mujhe. Aate he idhar udhar bhagaya mujhe.
Sid: To mai to bol raha tha ke mai Arun se karvata hu.
Sana: Siddharth pagal hai kya tu?? Aur Arun ko kya bolta kyu chahiye mai tujhe tere floor pe.
Sid: Tujhe lagta hai mujhe kisiko koi explanation dene ke zarurat hai??
Sana: Aur mujhe bata kyu chahiye the mai tujhe tere floor par??
Sid: Aise hi.
Sana: Aise he?? Bas aise he??
Sid: Haa.
Sana: Vah bhai kamaal hai Siddharth Shukla teri.
Sid: Accha chal yeh sab taane maarna band kar ab, aur chal dinner karte hai.
Sana: Mai ab nhi jaa rahi kahi. Thaak gayi hu mai. Ab to mai fresh hokar agar mood hua to room me he mangva lungi.
Sid: Kya matlab mood hua to?? Dekh tu fresh ho jaa. Mai yaha mere room me dinner mangvata hu. Sath me khaate hai.
Sana: Accha chal thek hai.
Sid: Ek aadhe ghante me mangva lu??
Sana: Hmmm. Bye....
Sid: Accha sun....
Sana: Ab kya hai Siddharth yaar??
Sid: Tu kya khaayegi??
Sana: Siddharth tere hote hue maine khud se kabhi order kiya hai??
Sid: Nahi.
Sid chocked on his words. Sana too got emotional. They both sat holding the phone in their hands listening to the silence between them. She recovered after few minutes
Sana: Siddharth??
Sid: Hmmm.
Sana:Chal khaana mangva. Mai aa rahi hu.
Sid: Thek hai. Bye.
Sana: Bye.
Sid opened the door for a smiling Sana. She was looking beautiful with her wet hair and sea green printed top and pajama. Her sweet fragrance making him feel dizzy. He opened the door wide to let her in and then closed it behind her.
Sid: Bait.
There was a small dinning table near the large window overlooking the town beneath. Sid came and sat next to her.
Sana: Kya mangvaya??
Sid: Roti sabzi.
Sana: kyu yaar Siddharth??
Sid: Proper dinner karna hai hame. Lunch me bhi thek se nhi khaya tune.
Sana: Itna to khaya.
Sid picked up Sana's plate and served her, her food.
Sana: Siddharth firse paneer makhani??
Sid: Yeh dusri bhi to sabzi hai. Tujhe nhi khaani hai vo to mat kha. Dusri de du??
Sana: Nahi thek hai.
Sid: Yaha ki to taste karni padegi na??
Sana: Ha sahi hai. Khao khao.
Sid chuckled. He served himself too.
They both ate without talking much. Enjoying the silence. Sana's mobile buzzed. It was Zoro. She picked up the call.
Zoro: Hi mama....
Sana: Hi baccha. Mama ne call kiya tha aapko. Aap mamu ke sath bahar gaye the na??
Zoro: Yes mamu hame park le gaye the.
Sana: Maza aaya??
Zoro: Ha bahot. Par I miss you.
Sana: Hayeee mera baby. I miss you too baba. I miss you too.
Zoro: Mama aap tension mat lo. I'm taking care of my self. Aur mai Tara ka bhi khayaal rakh raha hu.
Sana: Nahi beta mai bilkul bhi tension nhi le rahi hu. Aur aap tara ke big brother ho. Khayaal to rakhna he hai na uska??
Zoro: Jee.
Sana: Ok. Aap ab dinner kar lo. And what is your sleeping time??
Zoro: I know mama. It's ten.
Sana: Good boy. Bye baby. I love you.
Zoro: I love you too.
She disconnected the call and looked up to see Sid looking at her with intense emotions in his eyes. She has forgotten Sid was there when she was talking to her son.
Sana: Kya hua??
Sid: Kuch nhi.
He cleared his throat.
Sid: Bahot acche se sambhal rahi hai, tu apne bete ko.
Sana gave him a smile. He did not smile back.
Sana: Kya hua Siddharth??
Sid: Aise he family chahiye the mujhe bhi Sana.
Sana went quite. The silence between them became awkward now.
Sana: I'm sorry .
Sid looked at her for a long time.
Sid: Chod na fir kabhi baat karte hai. Aur thoda rice legi??
Sana: Nahi.
Sid: Jaa.... Sana??
Sana looked up at him. He was going to call her by the name he used to call her six years back. Their eyes met for a long time and then Sid broke his eye contact and looked away. Sana got up from the table. Sid too did the same.
Sana: Mai chalti hu Siddharth.
He nodded. She walked to the door.
Sid: Ruk Sana.
She turned around.
Sana: Hmmm??
He walked to her and took her both hands
Sid: Mujhe na hum dono ke beech ab koi bhi kadvahat nhi chahiye. Humne soocha hai na, ke hum dost banke rahenge?? Please mujhe help kar, ke kam se kam yeh rishta to hamare beech bana rahi.
Sana nodded her head. He took her face in his hand and kissed her forehead.
Sid: Goodnight Sana.
Sana: Goodnight.
Sana went to her room and lay on the bed looking at the ceiling.
MORNING AFTER THE COCKTAIL PARTY.
Sana opened her eyes. It looked different. This was not her room. She tried to move her head but felt the room spin.
Sana: Ouch...
She closed her eyes and all the memory from yesterday night came flashing. She realised she was in Siddharth Shukla's room. She now did not wanted to open her eyes. Oh God let this not be true. Let this be a dream. A beautiful dream. Shut up Sana her brain said furiously. She very well knew this was not a dream. She was in his room and he is here somewhere. Her heart started beating faster. How was she going to face this man. She had gone crazy last night and acted like a fool. She just wanted to get up and run. But she can't. Firstly because her head was spinning like a top and secondly she had to face him before she leaves this room. She slowly opened her eyes. Very slowly she got up without moving her head and sat upright. And there he was sitting exactly in front of her on the sofa, looking at her. She forgot about her head and looked away. Her head gave a jolt of pain. Her hand automatically took hold of her head.
Sana: Ahhh.
She saw him get up from between her fingers. She again closed her eyes. She needs to get up from this bed, she thought. Very slowly she brought her feet down from the bed to the floor, removing her hand from her head. She looked up to see him near a dinning table his back to her. What was this?? A hotel room or a flat??
Sid: Vahi baite raho.
He said without turning her way.
Sana: Vo mai.....
Sid: I said be where you are.
His tone was very rude and she felt tears form at the back of her eyes. He turned and came to her with a mug in his hand.
Sid: Piyo isse.
Sana: Nahi chahiye.
Sid: I said drink.
She was not looking at him, but could feel his gaze on her. She took the mug and drank from it. It was black coffee. It felt bitter, but she felt better by the time she had finished it. Sid had gone and sat on the sofa again. She now looked up and their eyes met. She looked away not able to hold that stare.
Sana: I'm sorry..Aapko bahot taklif hue.....
Sid: Just shut up...
Sana looked at him. Why was he being so rude. He was so sweet last night. She remembers ever details of last night. She recalled her asking him to kiss her, too. She went red. Oh God what must he be thinking of her. She felt so ashamed. But no one asked him to help her last night. There is no need to be so mean. Sana now stood up still feeling a little imbalanced. But she can manage. She doesn't need to take this attitude from him.
Sana: I think mujhe chalna chahiye. I'm sorry aapko mere wajah se bahot taklif hue. Vo mera dress.
Sid: Vo dress pehen kar yaha se jaaogi?? Vo dress jo kal tumne fountain ke neeche khade ho kar sab kharaab kar diya??
Sana: Dekho mai jaanti hu aap mere wajah se kal raat bahot pareshaan hue. But you don't have to be so mean. Aur ha mai vo bhega hua dress pehen kar chali jaaungi.
She started moving towards the bathroom, when he held her by her arm.
Sid: Khadi raho yaaha par. You are not going to wear that provocating dress and leave this room.
Tears shone in her eyes.
Sana: Tumhe koi haq nhi banta mujse aise baat karne ka. Tumne kal meri madat ki. Thank you. Par tum mujse aise baat nhi kar sakte
Tears started falling from her eyes and she wiped it with the back of her hand.
Sid: Fu..k man.
Sid loosened his grip from her arm. He shove his hand in his hair.
Sid: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please mat ro yaar. I can't....
He went quite.
Sid: Come. Idhar aa. Idhar bait. Please do minute bait.
He took her by her shoulder and made her sit on the sofa. He pulled a chair and sat in front of her.
Sana: Mai vaisi ladki nhi hu jaisi tum samaj rahe ho. Mai....
Sid: Mai jaanta hu jaana. Mai jaanta hu.
Sana looked up as he called her by that endearing word.
Sid: Par kya tu yeh sooch rahi hai, ke kal agar meri jagah koi aur hota to tera kya hota??
Realization hit Sana hard. That's true. If it had been someone else, she would have been laying destructed or dead somewhere. She took her hand to her face and started crying.
Sana: Hey bhagwaan..... Tum kitna sahi bol rahe ho. Sach me agar tum nhi hote to aaj pata nhi mai kaha hoti. Kitni badi bewakuf hu mai. Isliye hamesha aise he musibaton me fasti rehti hu. Sach me mai kahi koi gutter me padi hue milti kisiko.
Sid: Bas kar baby. Bas kar. Yeh sab mat bol.
Sana: Par yeh sach hai. Hai na?? Kya.... Kya sooch rahi the mai kal raat ko. Aur kya kya kiya maine. Sab yaad hai mujhe. Kitna pareshaan kiya aapko.
Tears were not ready to stop now. Sid felt helpless seeing her in so much of misery.
Sid: Par kuch hua nhi na?? Tu thek hai na?? Fir kyu sooch rahi hai itna??
Sana: Zindagi bhar ehsaan nhi bhulungi tumhara. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Sid: Jaana please yeh sab mat bol. Please tu pehle apne aasu pooch.
Sana's head started throbbing now. She pressed it with her fingers still crying.
Sid: Sana pehle tu apna rona band kar. Tujhe sar me dard ho raha hai na?? Please bass kar. Chal hum dono breakfast karte hai. Maine neeche ek store hai vaha se dress mangvaya hai tere liye. Tu usse pehen lena. Fir chali jaana. Ok??
Sana looked at him and nodded her head.
Sana: Thank you.

Click on the⭐ And drop a 💬 if you liked this chapter.