An Emotion-Charged Day.

Sid during the dinner noticed that Sana was too disturbed. She had not told Zoro to finish everything from his plate as she normally does everytime. He did not say anything as he did not know what to say. He totally understand, she must be having attachment for that lady. She must have spent good times with her, when she was married.... Sid stopped thinking about it. He feels restless when he starts thinking how she must have spent her time with her in laws and her ex husband. Were they happy together?? What caused the divorce??He doesn't know anything. Do you want to know Siddharth?? Asked his brain. No said his heart. Why?? Asked his brain again. Because I'm scared. Replied his heart.
Maa: Siddharth?? Kaha khoya hua hai tu?? Tere plate ka khana thanda ho raha hai.
Sid: Hmmm. Kuch nhi Maa. Aise he.
They retired to their bedroom. Zoro was fast asleep in his room and Maa had asked Sana to speak to Sid about the matter, they had discussed earlier. Sana was sitting on the bed. She was looking at Sid moving about in the room.
Sana: Siddharth mujhe tujhse baat karni hai.
He came to her and sat on the bed facing her. He took her face in his hand and kissed her forehead.
Sid: Jaan tu aaj dopaher se disturbed hai. Mai samajh raha hu, tu kya feel kar rahi hai.
He pulled her to him and hugged her tight.
Sana: Siddharth, Mai Zoro ko lekar Beas jaana chahti hu, maaji se milne.
Sid removed Sana from his arms and stood up.
Sid: Kya?? Kya kaha tune??
Sana too stood up and tried to put her hand on his arm but he moved back.
Sana: Siddharth yaar, vo bahot ro rahi the. Unko aakhri baar Zoro se milna hai.
Sid; Zoro se?? Zoro se kyu??
Sana: Kyuki vo Zoro ko apna pota samajhti hai??
Sid: Wha... What the f.. K?? Zoro ko apna pota??
Sana: Sidd....
Sid: Zoro Rita Shukla ka pota hai, Sana.... Aur Siddharth Shukla ka beta. Samjhi tu??
Sana: Mai jaanti hu Siddharth. Par maaji nhi jaanti yeh baat.
Sid: Nahi jaanti matlab.... F.. K man.... How did I forget?? Zoro was called by his name. Right??...
Sid started pacing the floor. He ran his hand in his hair. He felt angry frustrated, helpless all at the same time.
Sid: Zoro introduced himself to me as Zoro..... Singh. How did it go unnoticed by me.... How did I not see this on his books. Iska matlab, school me bhi uska naam, vahi hoga na??
Sana nodded and she saw pain in his eyes.
Sana: Siddharth kya tu thodi der ke liye meri baat sunega?? Please??
Sid: Kya sunnu Mai Sana?? Mujhe kuch samjh nhi aa raha hai.
Sana pulled him by his arm and made him sit on the sofa. She sat on a chair in front of him.
Sana: Siddharth jis din maine tujhe second message daala, uss din mujhe pata chala ke Rohan ka bahot bura accident ho gaya hai aur vo on the spot mar gaya hai. Shehbaaz ka call aaya tha uss din. Mai ussi din Beas chali gayi the. Jab mai vaha pahuchi to sab mera vaha wait kar rahe the. Rohan ne hamaare divorce ke baare me kisiko bataaya nhi tha. Aur vaha vo logo ne mujhe uski vidhwa samaj kar saari rasme nibha de.
Sana felt Sid breathe heavily.
Sana: Mai vaha das din rahi Siddharth. Roz tere message ka intezaar karti rahi. Par tera koi message nhi aaya. Fir Jab mai beas se Mumbai wapas aayi to maine decide kiya ke mai uski vidhwa ban kar he zindagi guzarungi. Logo ko kam jawaab dena padega. Mere bacche ko naam ki zarurat the. To uska naam de diya.
Sid: Tu khud ka naam bhi de sakti the.
Sana looked at Sid and saw tears in his eyes. He got up and went stood by the window. She went and pulled him to face her
Sana: Kudka naam?? Aur log puchte ke baap kon hai to kya batati?? Hum uss samaaj me rehte hai Siddharth, jaha baap ke naam ke zarurat hoti hai.
Mujhe to yeh bhi pata nhi tha ke tu kabhi lautega ya nhi. Kya karti mai??
Sid looked away and wiped his eyes with his sleeves.
Sana: Maaji ko pata chala ke mujhe beta hua hai, to vo usse dekhne mere mummy ke ghar aayi. Vo yeh samajti rahi the ke uska beta wapas aa gaya hai.. Aur mai bhi chup reh gayi. Uss din se aaj tak vo yeh soch kar khush hoti hai ke Zoro unka pota hai. Aur maine unhe correct nhi kiya. Siddharth vo apne akhri waqt me uss bacche se milna chahti hai. Jaane de mujhe Zoro ko lekar.
Sana suddenly felt a bit wobbly. She felt nauseous. Sid saw her reaction change and held her shoulder.
Sid: Jaana kya ho raha hai tujhe?? Baby, idhar aa.... Bait jaa meri Jaan.
He made her sit on the bed and gave water to her. She drank and colour returned to her face.
Sid: Jaana doctor bulau?? Kya hua achanak tujhe??
Sana: Kuch nhi baby..... Bas thoda morning se acidity ho gayi hai. Thek hu mai.
Sid: Sure??
Sana: Hmmm.
She brought her hand to his face and stroke his cheek with his thumb. Sid closed his eyes, feeling good.
Sana: I love you Siddharth.. Mai tujhse aur sirf tujhse pyar karti hu.
Sid: Hmmmm. Chal Tu so jaa. Tujhe theek nhi lag raha hai.
Sana: Tu apne baho me le.
And he pulled her to him, switching the lights off, kissed her forehead and lay looking at the ceiling. It was two in the night. Sid was still awake. She has gone through so much. This woman he loves so immensely is such a strong lady. Enduring so much and still raising a son so beautifully is not an easy job. He totally understands her. And he will not leave her side no matter what. Yes. He is upset about his son being called by someone else's name, but he will mend it ASAP. But his question was, why did Sana not suggest him to change Zoro's name?? Why?? He was a little upset about this too.
Sana woke up the next morning to find herself alone in the room. Sid must have gone to the gym, she thought. She got ready and came out of the room to find, Sid and Zoro fast asleep in each other's arms on the sofa in the hall. Why are they sleeping here?? She went to Zoro's room to find Sunita ironing Zoro's clothes.
Sana: Sunita Zoro aur bhaiya uth gaye the kya jaldi??
Sunita: Ha didi. Zoro subah panch baje uth kar aapke room me aane ke zidd kar raha tha. Bhaiya room me aaye aur usse lekar sofe par let gaye. Shayad dono ko thodi der baad neend lag gayi hai.
Sana: Accha?? Kyu Zoro ki tabiyat theek hai na??
Sunita: Ha theek hai didi. Par kal park se aaya tab se chup chup hai??
Sana: Kyu?? Aur maine kaise notice nhi kiya??
Because you were having a lot going in your head. She thought.
Sunita: Koi nai didi. Ho jata hai kabhi kabhi.
Sana: Hmmm. Tune breakfast kiya??
Sunita: Haa kiya. Aap bhi kar lo.
Sana: Nahi abhi nhi. Yeh dono ko uth jaane do. Aaj office thoda late jaaungi.
She needs to know why Zoro is upset. Sana went to the kitchen to prepare Zoro's favorite breakfast. Maa came from her walk and Sana and Maa had their morning tea together in the kitchen. She told Maa about her's and Sid conversation about Zoro and going to beas.
Maa: Haa usse bura to lagega thoda. Uska beta, kisi aur ke naam se jaana jaa raha hai. Male ego bahot bada hota hai beta, vo bilkul bhi yeh bardaasht nhi kar sakta.
They both heard someone coming and went quiet. It was Zoro.
Sana: Good morning meri jaan. Uth gaye aap??
Zoro: Good morning mama, good morning dadima.
Maa: Good morning mere bacche.
Sana: Aao mama ke paas aao.
She picked him and made him sit on her lap and hugged him.
Sana: Aaj aap papa ke paas soye??
He just nodded his head and Maa raised her eyebrows at Sana, questioning. Sana shook her head.
Sana: Accha baby maine aapka favorite breakfast banaya hai. Cheese Sandwich.
They was no reaction from Zoro.
Sana: Baby, Kya aap papa ko bula lauaoge?? Mai breakfast lagati hu.
Zoro got down and walked out of the kitchen.
Maa: Isse kya hua hai??
Sana: Pata nhi Maa. Sunita keh rahi the, ke kal shaam se vo chup chup hai.
Maa: Thek hai usse acche se breakfast kara, aur baat karo tum dono uss se.
Sana: Jee Maa.
Sana was heating milk for Zoro when Sid came to the kitchen.
Sid: Yeh Zoro ko kya hua hai Sana??
Sana looked at Sid at his changed tone. He had a grim expression on his face.
Sana: Pata nhi. Ek dum he chup ho gaya hai. Siddharth hame uss se baat karni chahiye.
Sid: Thek hai. Breakfast kara le usko, fir baat karte hai. Vaise tu thek hai ab?? Doctor pass jaana hai??
Sana: Nahi mai thek hu.
Sid: Ok...
He turned and walked out, and Maa entered.
Sana: Dono ke muh fule hue hai. Heyy bhagwaan... Maa kya karu??
Maa: Pehle Zoro se baat kar le beta.
Sana: Ok Maa.
They had finished breakfast. Sana has fed Zoro with her own hands. Sid had watched how dedicated mother she was. In fact she was the same in all her relationships. Very loyal and very dedicated. Then why was she divorced. He pushed the thought away. He had more important things to do today. And most important was to know why his son was upset. Sid was restless last night and had come down for a cup of coffee, when he heard, Zoro sobbing. He ran to his room and found, Sunita coaxing him.
Sid: Zoro?? Meri Jaan??
Zoro saw his dad, jumped from the bed and hugged his legs. Sid had lifted him in his arms.
Sid: Kya hua?? Sunita??
Sunita: Pata nhi bhaiya?? Abhi ek dum se utha aur rone lag gaya. Keh raha tha ke mujhe mama papa ke paas jaana hai.
Sid: Sunita... Zoro baby. Kya hua hai?? Aap ro kyu rahe ho??
Zoro: Kuch nhi.... Mujhe aapke paas sona hai.
Sid: Ha ha. Kyu nhi. Chalo...
He brought him out of the room.
Zoro: Papa kya hum hall me so sakte hai??
Sid: Hall me?? Ha ha chalo.
They had both gone to the hall and Sid had lay Zoro on him on the big Sofa. Zoro had fallen asleep within few minutes and Sid too had then dozed off.
Sid got up from the dinning table and came to Zoro.
Sid: Zoro chalo aap mai aur mama terrace par bait te hai.
Sana: Ha chalo.
Zoro did not say anything and so Sid scooped him in his arms. They went to the terrace and sat on the sofa. Zoro sat in between his mama and papa.
Sana: Zoro?? Meri jaan kya hua hai?? Mama papa ko batao?? Aap ekdm aise chup chup kyu ho??
Zoro did not respond. He sat looking down at his hands.
Sid: Bolo beta?? Jo kuch bhi aap ke mann me hai, vo mama papa ko bol do. Agar kuch problem hai to hum usse solve kar sakte hai na beta??
Zoro: Mama di... di... divorce kya hota hai??
Sid and Sana looked at each other.
Sana: Divorce?? Yeh kaha suna aapne??
Zoro: Vo mera friend hai na Yash, uske mama papa ka divorce ho raha hai. Vo kal bahot ro raha tha....
Sana: Zoro... Meri jaan....
But Sid shook his head and told her to stop. He wanted Zoro to let out whatever is in his heart.
Zoro: Uske mama uske papa ko chod kar jaa rahi hai. Vo bhi apne mama ke sath chala jaayega. Hamesha ke liye. I'm feeling very sad.
Zoro started crying. Sid picked him in his arms and hugged him tight. Zoro moved his head back and looked at his both parents.
Zoro: Mama papa aap log divorce nhi loge na kabhi?? Because I don't want to stay away from papa again.
He hugged his dad again and started crying loudly.
Sana lifted her hands to her mouth to stop herself from giving a loud cry. Tears starting streaming from Sid's eyes too. He stroke his son's back. Sid than took hold of his emotions after a minute or two.
Sid: Meri jaan?? Zoro?? Papa loves you and mama too much. He will never, never let you both go. We are staying, strong as a happy family. Ok??
Zoro nodded in between his sobs.
Sid: Look at me baby, idhar dekho...
Zoro looked at his dad. Sid wiped Zoro's tears with his hand and kissed his cheeks.
Sid: Pani pina hai??
Zoro nodded. Sana ran inside to bring Zoro's water bottle. She came back immediately.
Sana: Zoro baby... Lo pani piyo.
Zoro looked at his mom and spread his arms.
Zoro: Mama...
Sana pulled Zoro from Sid in her arms and hugged him tight.
Zoro: I love you mama. Mujhe aap dono ke sath he rehna hai...
Sana: Of course beta. Aap hum dono ke sath rahoge. Hamesha..... Lo pehle pani pee lo.
Zoro gulped water from his bottle and gave it back. Sid kept it on the side table.
Sana: Thek ho baby??
Zoro nodded. She sat on the sofa with her son on his lap. Tears were flowing down from her eyes. Sid came to her and hugged them both. He wiped Sana's tears with his finger above Zoro's head. And they sat there in the same position for a long time.
Sana had a very important meeting today and so Sid had offered to take Zoro to Mahi's place as it would lift Zoro's spirit. Sid had spoken to Jay about changing Zoro's name and they had filled the form online. Some documents with mother's signature was also needed. He will send the documents to the municipal office tomorrow itself, he told Jay.
Zoro and Sid had come back home. Sana had called Sid and told him she is home early. They both had spend time with Zoro, hiding the tension, between them. Sana had fed Zoro and he had slept early, as he was very tired, from today's episode.
Sana was in the room, when Sid entered. He took clothes from his wardrobe and went into the bathroom not saying anything to Sana. He came back and plugged his mobile for charging. He had still not looked Sana's way.
Sana: Siddharth....
Sid: Teri tabiyat kaisi hai ab??
Sana: Thek hai...
Sid: Good...
He removed some papers from the side table and kept it in front of Sana.
Sid: Ispe tujhe sign karne hai.
Sana: Kya papers hai yeh...
Sid: Fikar mat kar, teri koi cheez apne naam nhi kar raha hu. Jo mera hai usse mera naam de raha hu. Zoro ka naam change karna hai. Uske form par tere signature chahiye.
Sana: Tu aisi baate kyu kar raha hai?? Maine to aise he pucha.
Sid: Chod yeh sab. Tu kab jaa rahi hai Beas bata dena. Mai Arun ko ticket karvane bolta hu....
Sana: Siddharth....
Sid: Tu so jaa.... Mai thode der me news dekh kar aata hu.
Saying that he left the room. He was upset. Sana totally understands. His son was given someone else's name. Someone else's mother thinks that Sid's son is her grandson. Sana knows this man is too possessive about his wife and son. But still he had agreed to her going to Beas to meet his wife's ex husband's mother. It needs a good heart to do this and Sid does has one. She wanted to go and talk to him, but she knew he will not listen to any reasoning, she may want to give. So she signed the papers and lay on the bed watching the ceiling waiting for him to return to the room.
He came back after an hour and lay next to her. She went to him and he took her in his arms as if was obvious. Whatever differences they may have, however upset they may be with each other. This is where they belong. This is their haven. Into each other's arms.

You Never Asked  (Completed) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें