A Cocktail Party Six Years Back.

Sid's brain has patted his back and said how proud it was of him, whereas his heart has sat in the corner sobbing. Sid had seen Sana's face when he had pushed her. He had seen hurt in her eyes. But he has done the right thing. She was a married women for God's sake. His brain coaxed him. She has changed so much in these six years. She has grown into a woman. From her young vibrant self to a mother of a little boy. But so much about her was still the same.
    Sana wanted the floor to open and elope her in. What has she done?? What must he be thinking about her?? Why did she beg Sid to take her in his arms?? She is losing it. She is going crazy. And this madness is going to destroy everything. Her brain told her. But it felt so good when he had held her. Just like six years back. Just like when she had dashed into him at Mahi di's cocktail party.
                   COCKTAIL PARTY
   Sana turned to her right as she wanted to go to the balcony to cool herself. She was feeling too hot and a bit tipsy. It is not that she had, had too much to drink. Na she had just drank after years. She felt so light headed and happy now that she had two glass of whiskey. Why not?? It was her Di's cocktail party and she has every right to drink. But she suddenly started feeling hot. Mahi came to her.
Mahi: Sana?? Baby?? Tune kitni pe??
Sana: Di sirf do glass.
Mahi: Sure??
Sana: Ha di. Promise. Par mujhe achanak bahot garam kyu ho raha hai??
Mahi: Pagal. Ac chal raha hai. Tujhe chad rahi hai. Ab zyada mat peena ha??
   Sana pinched her fingers to her neck.
Sana: Promise nhi piungi.
    Mahi laughed and gave a peck on her cheek and left. Sana decided she better go to the balcony of the big Hall for some fresh air. It will cool her off. She turned to the right and dashed into someone. That someone had a chest as hard as a rock and very very broad. She bounced on it and was about to fall when was caught by a large hands. The hands on her waist brought a tingling sensation into her body. She looked up to see the most handsome man in the world. The man she has been crazy about for years. A big big fan. This was Mr Siddharth Shukla. She looked down at her hands which were on his chest now. She looked up again blinking her eyes.
Sana: Ek minute...
   She stepped back and he removed his hand from her waist. A surprise on his face. She rubbed her eyes with both her hands and opened it again. Sid raised his eyebrows. She shook her head and then lifted her finger to touched his arm. As if wanting to confirm if he was real. This brought a smile on his face.
Sana: Hayee.... Yeh to real hai. Abe tum to real ho..... Hayee ab Mai kya karu?? Tum to sach me Siddharth shukla ho.
Sid: Ha Mai Siddharth Shukla hu. Tum....
    At that exact moment his name was called from behind and he turned around to see his best friend Jay. He then looked at the girl, not wanting to let her go. But he heard Jay calling his name again. Sid then had to turn around and go to him. Sid gave his friend a tight hug.
    Sana could not believe her eyes. Siddharth shukla has come to this party and she is seeing him. She saw Mahi join them. She need one more drink. Just one. And she walked to the bar.
    Sid was so happy to see his college friends finally getting married. They were so much in love and now there will be together. Forever.
Mahi: Hame laga tu nhi aayega.
Sid: Tu fir mujhe chain se jeene deti?? Taane maar maar jaan nikal leti meri.
Mahi: Ha vo to hai.
    They all laughed.
Jay: Tera saaman kaha hai??
Sid: Vo mai Della Resort me ruka hu.
Jay: Sid humne yeh pura resort book kiya hai yaar. Tu Tera samaan lekar yaha shift ho jaa.
Sid: Are it's ok bhai. Tu jaanta hai zyada bheed se ghabrahat hoti hai mujhe.
Mahi: Chal thek hai. Mujhe iss baat ki khushi hai ke tu sab functions attend karega. Vaise thanks for coming.
Sid: Chup be. Thanks boli to maarunga. Jay par mai ladki waalo ke taraf se hu ha bhai.
Jay: Ha ha jaanta hu. Teri to behen hai na yeh, saale.
Sid: Yes...
    And he hugged Mahi.
Jay: Chal sath bait kar peete hai. Bahot dino baad mile hai hum do yaar.
Mahi: Mr Jay aap kisi bar me nhi aaye ho. Yeh aapki shadi ki cocktail party hai. So you have to host it. You can't be drunk.. Am I right??
Jay: You are never wrong sweetheart. Par Mahi, Sid...
Mahi: Sid can look after himself. They are many people who Sid knows. So he can get company for himself. And Sid go find a beautiful girl for your self. They are many here.
Sid laughed aloud.
Sid: Tu nhi sudri na??
Mahi: Mai to dekh sudar gayi aur shaadi kar rahi hu. Ab agla number tera.
Sid: Abe dara mat. Nahi to bhag jaaunga.
    Mahi and Jay were called by someone.
Jay: Sid party khatm honi ke baad sath bait te hai.
Sid: Yes bhai definitely. You attend your guest first.
Jay and Mahi excused themselves. Sid turned around and scanned the Hall for that girl. But she was nowhere to be seen. Who was she?? She was different. She was very beautiful and different. He couldn't put a finger on how?? But where is she?? She was at the back of his mind even when he was talking to Jay and Mahi. She has dashed him in that corner. He was walking towards that corner when he met a couple he had known from before. He was talking to them but his mind was not into it. Sid wanted to be with that girl. He excused himself and rushed towards that corner to find a big balcony to it's right. He ran to that balcony and there she was. Sitting on the thick wall of that balcony. Her legs dangling in the air. She was looking mesmerizing. Wind blowing her hair and her face shining in the moonlight. But the way she was sitting was too dangerous. He slowly walked to her not wanting to scare her.
Sid: Yeh.... Tum yaha kyu baithe ho??
    Sana looked at Sid and a wide smile spread on her face.
Sana: Ohhhh Mr Siddharth Shukla. Hayeeeee....... Aap kitne handsome ho yaar. Mai mar jaava...
    She giggled and Sid's heart skipped a beat. What is this girl??? He will think about it later, but he will first have to bring her down from that wall.
Sid: Accha suno, tum niche aa jaao, mujhe tumse baat karni hai.
Sana: Baat?? Mujhse??
Sid: Ha tumse.
Sana: Accha??? Par Mai utru kaisi?? Mere to pair niche gir gaye hai. Dekho??
Sid looked at her still dangling feet and the way she was sitting. Fear brought goosebumps to him. But he will have to handle her carefully.
Sid: Ha vo bhi hai. Agar Mai tumko apne baaho me le kar utharu to??
Sana: Sach me?? Tum mujhe.... Oops...
    Sana lost a little balance and Sid went cold.
Sid: Sambhal ke.... Aaa jaao chalo...
    He pulled her to him and carried her in his arms. Wow. She was so beautiful and intoxicating. Who needs  any drinks now. He is already feeling dizzy. Her fragrance was making his head spin. She has encircled her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest. She giggled again and he looked at her to see her watching him.
Sana: Tumko pata hai mujhe thodi chad gayi hai.
Sid: Haa vo to dikhai de raha hai.
Sana: Par shhhhh kisiko batana nahi.
Sid: Kya piya hai tumne??
Sana: Pehle do glass whisky pi. I promise sirf do glass he pi the. Fir tumko dikha aur char nhi panch, ha panch glass aur pi.
Sid: Accha?? Mujhe dekh kar kyu??
Sana: Big fan. Bada pankha hu mai tumhari.
    Sid has still not put her down. He was liking her in his arms. As if she needs protection and he will protect her all his life. Now why has this thought come to him. It's madness and he should stop it immediately.
Sana: Ok chalo bye.....Ab I will be a good girl aur apne room me chali.....jaati hu. Isse pehle ke mujhe di se daat pade.
Sid: Kon??
Sana: Di..... Mahi di....
Sid: Oh. To tum Mahi ki sister ho?? Cousin??
Sana: Haa.... Yes.... Yes..... Aree meri legs wapas aa gaya. Yehhhh mere legs firse wapas aa gaya..... Thek hai ab tum mujhe niche utaar sakte ho. And then I will go to my room.
    Sid made her sit on the couch nearby.
Sana: Tumko pata hai tumhari..... Khubshu..... Nahi nhi khusbu itni acchi hai. Siddharth ki khubshu, nahi khushbu.
Sid: What???
    Sid gave a laugh. This girl was crazy.  And Sid's mobile started ringing. It was his manager. He removed his mobile, turned around and walked to the railing to talk to him. He requested his manager to at least let him breathe for a day. His manager laughed and they spoke. Sid turned around after disconnecting the call to find Sana not on the couch. He looked around but she was gone. He ran to the Hall and scanned the room, but she was not there too. Where did she disappear. Did she leave to her room?? Why does it feel all empty suddenly. There were so many people around him. So many beautiful girls. But nothing was more fascinating then her. And she had left. He came back to the balcony feeling dejected and stood leaning to the railing. He looked down and saw her. She was standing in front of a parked car and talking to someone. He knew she was not in the state to stand straight. What was she doing down there?? It looked like she was arguing with that person. He ran to the corridor and down to the ground floor to them.
Sana: Aap mujhe chabi do. Maine kaha na mai chala lungi.
    The man looked at Sid with recognition in his eyes.
Sid: Yeh kya ho raha hai yaha?? Aur tum kon ho??
Manager: Sir mai Jay Sir ka manager hu. Ma'am ko car lekar akele drive par jaana hai. She is not listening to me. Mai abhi Mahi ma'am ko call he karne wala tha.
Sid: No no. Don't call kar. Tum jaao. I will manage.
    The manager left and Sid came and stood in front of her.
Sana: Kutta...
Sid: Kya??
Sana: Vo manager mujhe chabi nhi de raha tha.
Sid: Tum to apne room me jaane wali the na?? Fir yaha kya kar rahi ho??
Sana: Par mujhe ab drive pe jaana hai. Usne chabi nhi di...Ab Mai kya karu?? Ab Mai..... Ha Mai walk par chali jaati hu.
    And she started walking. Sid rushed to her and pulled her by his arm.
Sana: Chodo mujhe. Mujhe walk pe jaana hai....
Sid: Ruko idhar. Kahi nhi jaa rahi ho tum. Samjhi??
    Sana looked at him angrily. She pulled him by his collar and started punching him. Tears started streaming down her eyes.
Sana: Kyu nhi jaau Mai?? Kyu sab hamesha mujhe batate hai mujhe kya karna hai?? Kyu Mai apne mann ki nhi kar sakti??
She then rested her head on his chest and started sobbing and Sid for the first time felt a different kind of pain in his heart.

You Never Asked  (Completed) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें