Devastated

Sid looked around to find Sana standing in the doorway of the conference room. Her eyes wide open and face gone all white. He looked at her and their eyes locked for what felt like ever. He wanted to look away, but he couldn't. His hands trembled so he closed it into a fist so that nobody should see it. He had not looked at her face since that dreadful night. Oh he hates her so much. He really does.
     Sana could not control herself. Her legs were shaking. She was not able to move. How can he be here?? The last she knew he was in Norway. How can he be here?? No no. She must be mistaken. This must be someone else. He is Siddharth Shukla, you fool. Now stop staring at him and move. Her brain scolded her. But she felt she is stuck in that place. What is about this day today?? First Zoro's phone call few minutes earlier and now here, she finds "him" sitting in her office with her boss. Seeing Sid has brought so many memories in a flash that she felt a sharp pain in her chest. She with all her might forced her eyes to look away. She did not realise she was holding the knob with all her strength. She straighten herself and moved inside the room. Vishal stood up as she entered with a smile on his face. Sid did not move, his eyes still on her.
Vishal: Mr Siddharth, this is Shehnaaz. She leads the team of location scout in our production house. She is a very efficient woman.
Sana looked at him again forcing a smile. He stood up still not leaving her eyes. She moved her hand towards him
Sana: Hello Mr Siddharth.
Sid took her hand and shook hers nodding his head. Sana could still see that hate in his eyes, which has haunted her for six years. She looked away not able to bear.
Sana: Vishal can I speak to you for a minute.
Vishal: Yes, yes. Of course.
Sana took Vishal to a room adjacent to the conference Hall.
Vishal: Kya baat hai Sana. Tum thek ho. Presentation ka pressure kyu le rahi ho itna.
Sana: Vishal it's not like that. Actually Zoro ka call aaya tha. Pata nhi kya hua hai school me. He seems very disturbed. Mera pura dhyaan vahi laga hai. Mai ghar jaana chahti hu. Agar tum kaho to let pooja give the presentation.
Vishal: I think it's ok. If you are confident then let her give. You can leave.
Sana: Thank you so much Vishal.
They both came out of the room. Sana saw that Sid was talking to his manager.
Vishal: Mr Siddharth, Sana has some personal urgent work. So if you don't mind her assistant can give us the presentation.
Sid: I do mind. If there was a problem, we should have kept it some other day. This is not the way I work. You must be knowing that about me. I'm very professional person and expect others whom I work with to be the same.
Vishal: I'm sorry....
Sana: It's ok. I'm ready to give the presentation.
Sid: But I'm not miss Shehnaaz. Call my manager and take another appointment, so that we can do this in a more professional manner.
He gave her a hateful look and left. Arun too walked behind him.
Sana looked at Vishal apologetically. He gave her a reassuring smile.
Vishal: Sana you go. I will talk to his manager and try to sort things out.
Sana: Vishal.... I'm sorry yaar.
Vishal: Maine bola tum jaao. I will do something.
Sana rushed out of the building to the parking lot. She was fiddling in her purse to search for her car keys, when she heard him behind her.
Sid: Shehnaaz Gill. Right?? Yehi naam hai na tera?? Vo bahot saal ho gaye na to mai bhul gaya.
Sana: Six.
Sid: kya??
Sana: Six years ho gaye.
Sid: Accha?? Tujhe kaise yaad hai?? Tu to bahot conveniently bhul jaane walo me se hai.
Sana: Kuch cheeze koshish kar ke bhi nhi buli jaati. Aur mai roz koshish karti hu. Dekho I'm getting late. Nice meeting you. Bye.
Sana turned around to open her car door.
Sid: Husband kaisa hai tera??
Sana looked around again. She looked directly into his eyes.
Sana: Accha hai. Bahot accha hai.
Sid: Accha he hoga bichara. Tumhare sath abhi tak hai. Dusra koi hota to...
Sana: I'm really getting late. Mere husband ke acchaee ke baare me baad me baat kare?? Vaisi tujhse to accha he hai. Tere charche to sari duniya...
Sid pulled Sana by her arm.
Sid: You....
Sana: Watch your words.....
She pulled her arm away from his hold, looking at him angrily matching his stare. They both were breathing heavily. She really needed to reach to her son soon. She turned, sat in the car and drove off. Leaving an angry and frustrated Sid behind.
Sana entered her home to see Zoro come running towards her. She picked him up in her arms and hugged him tightly.
Sana: Kya hua meri jaan?? Aap kyu itna pareshan ho gaye the??
She took him towards a big glass window and sat on the sofa with her son on her lap. She kissed his head and he hugged her tight.
Zoro: I'm sorry mama.
Sana: Leken beta....
Zoro: Mujhe pata hai aapko mere papa ke baare me baat karna accha nhi lagta.
Sana: Nahi meri jaan, aise kuch nhi hai. Aap mama se aapke mann me jo bhi hai vo bol ya puch sakte ho.
Zoro: I'm fine mama. I don't want to talk about it now.
Sana: Accha?? Ok. Par aapka jab bhi mann ho to Aap mujhe kaho, hum baat karenge. Thek hai??
Zoro: Hmmm. I love you mama.
Sana: I love you too mera baccha.
Sana had tears in her eyes. How can she be lucky to get Zoro. She thanks God everyday for this amazing gift.
      Adi was watching Sid worriedly.
Adi: Bas kar yaar. Khud ko kitna torture karega. Rakh vo bottle ab.
Sid: Vo mujhe bata rahi hai ke six years ho gaye. Mujhe... Mujhe.....Tujhe pata hai Adi mai usko saal, mahine, din, ghante, sab bata sakta hu.
Adi: Tu kya se kya ho gaya hai yaar. Kitna khush aur happening tha tu. Ab to tujhe dekh kar dar lagta hai mujhe.
Sid: Barbaad kar diya hai usne mujhe. Kahi bhi kisi ke sath bhi mann nhi lagta mera. Aur aaj vo mujhe bol rahi ke vo mujhe buri yaad samaj kar bhulne ke koshish karti hai. Mai to vo koshish bhi nhi karta. Kyuki mujhe pata hai, vo mere leye possible he nhi hai.
Adi: Siddharth...
Sid: Tujhe pata hai Adi vo na mere dimaag me, meri di.... nahi nahi mere dil me se to utar gayi. Mere khoon me hai. Yes she is in my blood. Tu na mujhe ek knife laa kar de. Mai sab khun baha deta hu. Fir shayad mera jeena aasaan ho jaaye.
Sid got up from the couch.
Sid: Kaha hai knife... De mujhe....
Adi: Abe.....
Adi pulled him down.
Adi: Bait chup karke yaha. Pagal mat ban
Sid: Uske wajah se mai na, apne Maa se dur chala gaya. Apne family, apne city ko chod kar bhag gaya. Aur jab bhi aata na yaha to ajeeb se baichaini rehti. Aise lagta ke kab nikal jaau yaha se dur. Raha he nhi jaata mujse iss city me yeh dar se ke kahi usse mera aamna saamna na ho jaaye aur Pata nhi mai kaise react kar du. I used to run away from here and I stayed away for so many years just because of her. I hate her... I hate her so much. Par kab tak Adi. Mujhe aana to tha na. Mere Maa ke leye. Mere family ke leye. Kab tak mai bhagta rehta. Meri Maa ko meri zarurat hai ab. Kaisi akela chod ta mai usse. Aur kyu?? Kya galti hai meri?? Yahi ke mai usse.... Aur maze ke baat dekh jiske wajah se mai yaha vaha batak raha tha, jisse mai milne se darr raha tha, aati he dusre din, vo mere saamne khadi milti hai. Vah re meri kismat. Vah re meri kismat.
Sid lay on the sofa and passed out. Adi got up and removed Sid's shoes and covered him with a blanket. Adi looked at his childhood friend. He was so much in pain. He was so messed up. Adi wished he could do something for him. But he will not let Sid leave this time. He will make him stay and face his demons. And he will be by his friend's side. Standing firmly to support him, if he falls.
     Sana had spend the whole evening playing with Zoro. They had gone to the park. Sana cooked his favorite food. He liked paneer makhani and Sana had prepared that for him. Feeding him with her own hands, Sana has given him a loving smile. It was ten at night and she tucked Zoro to sleep. She came to her room and sat on the couch. She had met Sid after six long years. There was always a fear in her mind of her coming face to face with this man. She dreaded it. And today it happened. He sat there, in the conference room looking at her with same disgust he had seen her with six years back. She had wanted that floor she was standing on to open and elope her in. But it did not and she still stood there grounded. The look in his eyes making her feel so cheap.
Why did he wait outside the office building for her to come out when he hates her so much?? So that he can hurt her with his words. And it hurts. It still does. After six long years. It still does.