A Pure Bond.

Sid felt like a small boy today. He was so enjoying himself with this little  kid. Sid could see admiration in his eyes. Don't baby. He thought. He has not done anything worth admiring. Zoro was very smart, he realised. He knew the game very well and used his brains exactly, where and when needed. Sid ruffled Zoro's hair once or twice and felt it like his own. He got distracted by the thought and he started losing the game. Sana was not in the Hall. But for the first time her presence was less felt. It was fun to be around this kid because he was adorable. How can you just not love him?? Love?? What kind of emotion is this for this little one?? But he felt connected. And don't make a mountain of a mole, he told his brain. It's just natural.
    It was lunch time. Sana could hear them laughing, screaming, fighting, instructing each other. She had mixed feelings. She was happy that Zoro was enjoying himself with Sid. Never had she seen him be authoritative towards any elder person. But he was acting as if Sid was his friend and Sid was letting him. Asking Zoro for help as if he knows very less of the game. Her son was right. Sid was a perfect father material. But not her son's. Her brain reminded her. There was this uneasiness inside her. Zoro sometimes speaks too much. Sana didn't want Sid to know more than he does now. She got up from the room and went in the hall. Zoro looked up and gave a broad smile to his mama.
Zoro: Mama Siddharth uncle is losing.
Sid: Abhi game khatam nhi hua hai. You just wait.
Zoro: No uncle. There is no chance. You are definitely going to lose.
    Sid looked up and saw a beautiful smiling Sana. And he was knocked out for real. And in the game too. He recovered when he heard Zoro jump with joy.
Zoro: Yippee... I won. I won.
Sid: Oh fu....
     He stopped himself as he realised he is not allowed to use such words in front of a five year old. Sid mouthed sorry to Sana and she gave a loud laugh. He laughed too. She looked so relaxed and happy and whatever his brain says, Sid's heart really wants to see Sana like this.
Sid: Tere wajah se haara mai samjhi??
Sana: Kya?? Vo kaisi?? Maine kya kiya??
Sid: Vo tu abhi..... Kuch nhi chod.... Ok. Congrats buddy. Tune hara diya mujhe yaar. Next time it will be my game.
Zoro: But you need a lot of practice for that uncle.
Sid: Is that so?? Tum mujhe sikhaoge??
Zoro: Ha ha kyu nhi?? Zarur sikhaunga. Jab aap kaho.
Sid: Ok done.
    Sid looked at Sana. She was looking so radiant today. There was a different  shine on her face. Sid got up.
Sid: Accha chalo mai chalta hu.
   Zoro who was standing near Sid, climbed on the stool near by. All of the sudden he encircled his arms around Sid's neck and gave a peck on his cheek. Sid was surprised and he circled his arm around the boy's waist.
Zoro: Thank you so much, Siddharth uncle.
     Sid felt the words chock in his throat. He swallowed trying to say something. He looked at Sana and saw some weird emotions on her face. She then composed herself.
Sana: Zoro.... Baby niche utar jaao, aap gir jaaoge.
Zoro: Nahi mama. Dekho uncle ne mujhe pakad rakha hai.
    Sid picked him in his arms and placed him on the ground giving him a forced smile. This was something very different. Why does this boy make him feel so nervous?? He ruffled the boy's hair.
Sid: Bye beta. Bye Sana.
    He was about to move.
Sana: Siddharth.... Tu chahe to lunch kar sakta hai hamare sath.
    Hearing that Zoro started jumping holding Sid's fingers.
Zoro: Ha ha. Uncle please. Please.
Sana: Zoro.... I said agar uncle chahe to.... Please don't force beta.
Sid: Yes yes. I would like to stay.
    Zoro jumped up and down with joy and Sid and Sana smiled at the kid's enthusiasm. Sana ate her lunch in silence as Sid and Zoro did all the talking. Zoro was asking Sid so many questions and Sid was answering patiently. Sana tried to stop Zoro, but Sid indicated he did not mind, unless Sana was ok with it. So Sana took the backseat and enjoyed, her two favorite ones talk.
    Sana came in the Hall to find Sid sitting on the sofa and Zoro talking nonstop. This was too much for the day.
Sana: Baby, chalo jaau ab aap andar. Aapke saare toys aur games faila kar rakhe hai. Sab samet lo.
Zoro: Ok mama..
    Zoro went inside and there was an awkward silence.
Sid: He is a very intelligent boy. Shayad tere pe nhi gaya hai.
    Sana looked at him very well knowing he was exactly like his dad where intelligence was concerned. But coming it from Sid stunned her.
Sid: Are mazaak kar raha tha. Itni kyu serious ho gayi.
    She controlled her emotions and smiled at him.
Sana: Are serious nhi, aise he kuch yaad aa gaya. Aur mai bhi intelligent he hu.
Sid: Accha?? Aur yeh kisne kaha tujhse??
Sana: Kehte hai kuch log. Tu nhi jaanta unki. Bas tujhe he nhi lagta ke mujh me dimag hai.
Sid: Ha vo to nhi hai.
    They both looked at each other and laughed.
Sid: Sana I'm extremely sorry for yesterday. Tu aur Vishal vaha kyu the, that's none of my business. Mera reaction bahot galat tha. Aur mere words to usse bhi galat. Please please forgive me. Aur mai tere baare me aisa kuch bhi nhi soochta. Please ek request hai, next time se vo word mat use karna jo tune kiya. Bahot taklif hue hai mujhe. Please.
    Sana was looking at her folded hands on her lap. She nodded and gave him a smile. She could see lines of tiredness on his face.
Sana: Tu raat bhar nhi soya na??
    Sid shook his head. Their eyes met for a while.
Sid: Chal mai chalta hu. Hame kal nikalna hai na??
Sana: Hmmm.
Sid: Bye. Milte hai kal airport pe.
Sana: Bye.
    Sid came home. There was a broad smile on his face. Maa was surprised. He came and lay on the sofa in the Hall.
Sid: Suresh ek cup chai pila yaar.
    Maa came and stood near the sofa looking at him.
Sid: Kya??
Maa: Kya hua hai??
Sid: Matlab??
Maa: Tu bata?? Tu itna khush kyu hai aaj.
    Sid sat up and Maa sat next to her.
Maa: Aaj pehle baar teri hasi teri aakho tak pahuchi hai. Kya baat hai??
Sid: Are Maa. Aaj ek dost mila. Bahot accha laga usse milke.
Maa: Accha. Yeh to bahot acchi baat hai. Ghar bula usse kabhi.
Sid: Ha Maa bula lunga.
Maa: Accha mai tere Mama ke paas jaa rahi hu. Tu chalega??
Sid: Are nhi Maa. Aap ho aao. Mai fir kabhi chala jaaunga.
Maa: Thek hai.
Sid: Are Suresh chai bani yaa nhi.
    Suresh came rushing with the cup.
Suresh: Bhaiya chai banne me thoda time to lagta hai na. Aap na call kiya karo ghar aane se pehle. Mai ready rakhunga. Bolte he chai chahiye hoti hai unko.
Sid: Are thek hai, thek hai. Kitna suna raha hai.
Maa: Lo ladne lag jaao tum dono.
Sid: Yehi shuru karta hai hamesha.
Suresh: Mai??
Maa: Accha accha. Suresh chalo tum. Vo tiffin pack ho gaya hai to de do Mujhe.
    Suresh left. Maa smiled at Sid.
Maa: Mera beta. Tujhe aise dekh kar dil khush ho gaya mera.
Sid: I love you Maa.
Maa: I love you too mere bacche.
    Maa was gone. Sid opened his mobile and was looking at Sana's dp. It was She and Zoro. He doesn't know why, but he dialled her number. She picked up in the second ring.
Sana: Hello...
    Her voice was so sweet yaar. Sid got emotional. He couldn't speak.
Sana: Hello..... Siddharth??.....
     The way she takes his name makes him choke. Tears were starting to form in his eyes.
Sid: Hmmmm
    There was a long silence.
Sana: Bol Siddharth.
Sid: Sana mujhe pata nhi maine kyu call kiya hai tujhe yaar.
Sana: Ok......Tu ghar pahuch gaya??
Sid: Hmmm.
Sana: Ab kya kar raha hai??
Sid: Chai pe raha hu.
Sana: Tujhe aadat hai na khaane ke baad chai pine ke??
Sid: Hmmm
Sana: Mai bhul gayi the. Tu bol deta?? Mai bana deti tere liye.
Sid: Nahi koi baat nhi. Mujhe tab realise nhi hua. Ghar aane ke baad yaad aaya.
Sana: Accha. Aunty kaisi hai?? Unki tabiyat theek hai ab??
Sid: Hmmm. Thek hai. Unhe hamesha yeh tension rehti hai, ke mai unhe chod kar chala jaaunga.
Sana: Vo Maa hai. Unka darr, unke taklif mai samajhti hu.
Sid: Aur meri taklif Sana??
Sana: Vo bhi mai samajhte hu Siddharth.
    Sid went quite for a while and Sana too did not speak.
Sid: Zoro kya kar raha hai??
Sana: So gaya vo. Aaj ke excitement ne bahot thaka diya usse.
Sid: Hmmm. Bahot pyara baccha hai tumhara Sana.
Sana: Hmmm
Sid: Bilkul tumpe nhi gaya.
Sana: Kyu mai pyari nhi hu.
Sid: Nahi.
Sana: Accha jee. Koi baat nhi.
Sid: Sana mujhe tujhse kuch kehna hai.
Sana: Ha bol??
Sid: Uss din tune deck pe kaha tha na ke kya hum dost ban sakte hai?? Mai tumhara dost banna chahta hu.
Sana: Hmmm.
Sid: Bas agar mai bahek jaau to mujhe sambhal lena. Kyuki tumhara mamle me mujhe khud pe control he nhi hai.
Sana: Hmmm
Sid: Tu ro rahi hai??
    Sana could not speak. She was very much trying to not cry, but tears were not ready to stop.
Sana: Nahi. Mai thek hu.
Sid: I'm sorry yaar. Kal maine jo dard tere aakho me dekha na Sana. Usne mere dil ko cheer ke rakh diya. Aisa dard tere chehre pe dekhne se pehle mai mar jana pasand karunga ja..
    There was so much pain in Sid voice, that Sana lost all control and started sobbing.
Sid: Ro mat na yaar. Aise tujhe rulane ke leye maine call nhi kiya tha. Please. Mat ro.
    Sana tried to control her tears.
Sid: Tu kahe to aa jaau wapas tere paas.
    Sana gave a chuckle and Sid relaxed.
Sid: Tu aaj se hum friends hai right??
Sana: Hmmm.
Sid: Ekdm best friends??
Sana: Haa.
Sid: Sana tujhe pata hai, aaj mujhe bahot halka feel ho raha hai.
Sana: Mujhe bhi.
Sid: And I feel happy.
Sana: Mujhe bhi.
Sid: Thek hai chal fir rakhta hu ab.
Sana: Ok bye.
Sid: Bye.
    Sid dialled Adi's number.
Adi: Kaha gayab hai tu??
Sid: Kaha gayi teri manners be. Hi hello kuch bolta hai banda, ya aise he firing shuru kart deta hai.
Adi: Kya baat hai bhai mere?? Tu kuch zyada he chahek raha hai??
Sid: Aise koi baat nhi hai.
Adi: Kuch to hai. Bol kya chupa raha hai??
Sid: Bola na kuch nhi. Bata kya kar raha hai??
Adi: Kuch nhi aise he thoda office ka kaam kar raha tha. Sab tere jaise bade log nhi hai na??
Sid: Abe zyada mat bol. Aur yeh sab kya mujhe virasat me nhi mili hai??Maine bahot mehnat ke hai iske liye.
Adi: Ha vo to Sahi hai bhai.
Sid: Hmmm. Aaja ghar. Video game khelte hai.
Adi: Kya?? Kya kaha tune??
Sid: Abe video game khelne ghar bula raha hu tujhe.
Adi: Yeh shauk kab se hone laga tujhe?? Bhai hum ab school ya college ke bacche nhi hai. Hum dono ab budde hone ke boundary line pe hai.
Sid: Budda hoga tu. Mai to abhi jawaan hu.
Adi: Are wah re wah. Aaj to mera bhai  bahot zyada he khush hai. Chal aata he hu tujhse milne. Pata to lage aisa kya kiya hai kisine ke tu itna khilkhila raha hai.
    Sid disconnected the call. Life was so beautiful. Just like his Sana. Like his friend Sana. His brain reminded him.

Click on the⭐ And drop a 💬 if you liked this chapter.