Haq.

James and Monica a couple, who had looked after him when he had, had an accident in Greece. They were in the production team and had become good friends to him. Monica was born and brought up in Greece to an Indian parents, and had believed whatever was told to her about this country. Sid had again and again, corrected her and if necessary fought with her, whenever he thought she is going overboard. Seeing them after so many years has surprised and delighted him. He wanted Sana to be with him, but he felt she was getting angry and frustrated by Monica. So he had let Sana go. He thought he will too say good night in few minutes but couldn't just get up and leave as they were not in any hurry to say goodbye. It was 11:30 pm and he was climbing the lift now, bidding farewell to them and inviting them to come to mumbai if they have time. Sana must be asleep. He thought. He removed his mobile and typed " Goodnight baby". Laying on the bed after changing into his shorts and t-shirts, he saw, there was a blue tick on the message he had send Sana. He typed again
Sid: Tu soyi nhi abhi tak??
   The tick turned blue again, but no reply.
Sid: Abe kuch pucha maine??
   Still no reply.
Sid: Sana?? Are you ok?? Should I come to your room.
Sana: I'm fine. Bahot neend aa rahi hai. Goodnight.
Sid: Ok. No problem baby. Goodnight.
    Sid got up to his alarm. They were to leave back to Mumbai today. Their flight was at 1:15 from Ahmedabad. He got fresh and packed his things. They were to leave immediately after breakfast. Sid checked his mobile to see Sana was online five minutes back. He dialled her number but she did not pick up the call. Sid felt weird. She had not called nor is she picking up his call. He messaged her.
Sid: Uth gayi??
    No response. What is happening?? Why is she so quite. Is it because of yesterday night?? But she was so understanding when she left. Sid walked to her room and knocked on the door. She opened the door and her face turned grim. She went inside without inviting him in. And then it registered to him, that she is upset about something. And that something is related to last night. Sid too went inside. She was throwing her clothes in her bag. Sid cleared his throat to start a conversation.
Sid: Abhi tak hue nhi teri packing?? Hame niklna hai na??
     Sana looked at him and gave a fake smile.
Sana: Tu aa raha hai??
Sid: Matlab??
Sana: Matlab kuch nhi. Tu jaa. Mai pahuch jaaungi, das minute me neeche.
Sid: Kya hua hai Jaana.
    Sana's heart gave a flip, but she was too angry and gave her heart a stare.
Sana: Kuch nhi hua hai?? Mujhe akela chod de bola na. Tu jaa.
Sid: Zyaada drama mat ab. Bolegi kya hua hai??
Sana: Drama?? Drama kar rahi hu ab mai?? Jaa uss teri Monica ke paas.
Sid: Meri Monica?? Abe vo to James ki Monica hai. Meri nhi.
Sana: Mujhe usse koi matlab nhi hai. Badi aayi, mere aur mere logo ke baare me bolne wali??
Sid: Kya bola usne??
Sana: Itna he bura lagta hai to aai kyu mere desh me. Rehti na vohi, Russia me.
Sid: Baby Russia nhi, Greece ki the vo.
Sana: Kahi ki bhi ho. Itni lambi lambi tange dekha kar nakhra kar rahi the.
Sid: Acchi the na?? Tange??
    Sid was enjoying this.
Sana: Acchi?? Bilkul bhi acchi nhi the. Bahot he zyada patli the. Aur tu yaha uske gungaan gaane aaya hai subah subah mere saamne?? Nikal yaha se tu aur jaa yaha se. Dimaag mat kharaab kar.
Sid: Abe maine kya kiya hai, Tu mujhse kyu lad rahi hai??
Sana: Mai lad rahi hu??
Sid: Nahi nhi mai lad raha hu. Galti meri hai meri Maa maaf karde.
Sana: Ab isme bhi tu itne attitude me maafi maang raha hai.
Sid: Aree?? Attitude kab dikhaya maine??
Sana: Tu vo Monica ke aakho me itna kho gaya, ke tu bhul gaya ke hum sath me movie dekhne wale the.
Sid: Are tu he boli na ke tu thak gayi hai?? Ab mujhe laga....
Sana: Ha tujhe laga... Tune mujse pucha??
Sid: Sana baby... Thodi der ruk jaati. Hum thoda baat kar ke nikal jaate.
Sana: Dekh, tujhe to lag he nhi raha hai ke tune galti ki hai. To maafi kyu mangi tune.
    Sid's mobile started buzzing. It was Arun. He ignored it.
Sid: Ab.....
Sana: Nahi hai na jawaab. Hoga bhi nhi.
Sid: Sana baby sun meri baat.
  His mobile started ringing again. He picked it up.
Sid: Kya hai Arun??
Arun: Boss.... Vo hum late ho rahe hai.
Sid: Abe yaar... Ruk tu... Yaha itna bada siyappa ho gaya hai.... Aur tu.... Hone de late.... Mai....
Arun: Kuch problem hai kya sir?? Mai aau??
    He looked at Sana who was standing looking outside the window her hands folded to her chest.
Sid: Yeh prblm tujhse solve nhi hogi mere bhai.
Arun: Matlab??
Sid: Matlab kuch nhi. Tu fone rakh aate hai, hum dono.
Arun: Thek hai boss.
    Sid came forward and tried to take her hand in his, but she snatched it away.
Sana: Chod mujhe. Mai bahot gusse me hu Siddharth. Tune kal mujhe totally ignore kiya.
Sid: Nahi kiya Jaana. Tu galat samaj rahi hai. Tu....
Sana: Mujhe Jaa....
Sid: Kya??
    She wanted to tell him not to call her Jaana, but she loves it when, he calls her that.
Sana: Kuch nhi. Tu jaa yaha se. Mujhe baat nhi karni tujhse. Uss lambi ajeeb se tango wali ke paas.
Sid: Lambi the par, ajeeb nhi the ha...
     Sana took Sid's arm and pulled her towards the door.
Sana: Bahar nikal mere kamare se...
Sid: Accha accha. Sorry. Mazaak kar raha tha. Kya hai baby?? Mat ho na gussa mujhse. Yeh hamara time hai aur....
Sana: Exactly my point. Kal hum time spend karne wale the sath me, aur tu itna kho gaya un logo me, ke mujhe bhul he gaya.
    Sid moved to her and took her face in his hands.
Sid: Pagal hai kya tu?? Mai?? Tujhe bhulunga?? Tu to meri....
    And he stopped abruptly. He removed his hands and took a step back. Surprised at himself for what he was about to say. He looked away.
Sid: Chal tu packing kar le. Hum neeche milte hai.
   Sid turned and was about to leave when she held his arm with both her hands. He turned his head and looked at her. Sana shook her head.
Sana: Mat Jaa. Please.
    Sid let out a breath, turned around and took her face in his hand again, touching her forehead with his.
Sid: Kya karu mai tera??
   He then took a step back.
Sid: Chal khatm kar teri packing.
    Sana was keeping her things in her bag and Sid sat on the sofa watching her. Was Adi right?? Will he be paying a huge price for this friendship?? His sanity?? But he wants this. This friendship must be irrational, but it was making him happy. He knows this will not last long. But he will grab whatever little he may get. Sana looked up and gave him a radiant smile. He smiled back.
Sid: Sana... Ek baat bolu??
Sana: Ha bol??
Sid: Monica ke pair itne bhi bura nhi the.
    She picked the pillow and threw at him. He laughed out loud.
Sid: Vaise ek baat puchu??
Sana: Ab kya??
Sid: Tujhe kyu bura laga agar, mai Monica ke aakho me dub gaya??
Sana: Mujhe kaha bura laga??
Sid: Accha?? Nahi laga??
Sana: Mujhe problem yeh hue ki tu hamare movie ka plan bhul gaya. Ab tu uske aakho me dub ya baaho me, Mujhe koi problem nhi hai.
Sid: Sach me??
    Sana looked directly at him.
Sana: Sach me Siddharth. Ab chale?? Nahi to late ho jaayenge hum.
     Sid felt hurt.
Sid: Hmmm chal.
    They had, had breakfast. Sid was silent. The crew members had taken an early flight. Sana could also have gone with them. But she wanted to spend as much time as she could with Sid. And she knew he too would have created a fuss over her not going with him. So she stayed. They were in the car, on their way to Ahmedabad. It was almost half and hour and Sid had not said a single word to her. Sana looked at him. He was looking out of his window.
Sana: Siddharth?? Tu thek hai?? Chup kyu hai itna??
    Sid looked her way. He had lines between his eyebrows.
Sid: Ha.... Thek hu mai. Mujhe kya hona hai??
Sana: Bolega kya hua hai??
    He rested his head on the back of the seat.
Sid: Kuch nhi hua hai yaar Jaana. Khamakha apne sawalo se mujhe pareshan mat kar??
Sana: Mai karungi pareshaan. Bata kya hua hai??
Sid: Bola na kuch nhi.
Sana: Siddharth kitna bhav khata hai yaar batane me?? Mai karti hu kya aise?? Tu puchta hai to batati hu na Mai??
Sid: Are jab kuch hua he nhi to kya batau??
Sana: Tu nhi batayega??
Sid: Nahi.
Sana: Pakka??
     Sid closed his eyes.
Sid: Hmmm
Sana: Ekdm pakka??
Sid: Hmmm.
    Sana tapped on Arun's shoulder. Arun removed his earphones and looked behind.
Arun: Jee madam.
Sana: Arun mujhe yaha utaar do.
Arun: Kya??
    Sid opened his eyes and sat upright.
Sana: Tumne suna nhi?? Gaadi rukvao. Mujhe yaha utarna hai.
    Arun looked at Sid. He was looking at Sana with anger and surprise in his eyes.
Sid: Sana yeh kya hai?? Pagal hai kya tu??
Sana: Siddharth Shukla, Mai tere se baat nhi kar rahi hu. Arun jee maine jo bola hai vo karo.
Sid: Arun aage dekh aur apne earphones apne kaan me ghused.
Sana: Arun jee aapko samaj aaya na maine kya kaha??
Sid: Aur Arun tujhe samaj aaya na maine kya kaha??
Arun: Ek minute. Mai gaadi ruka raha hu. Mai aur driver bahar nikal rahe hai, aap dono decide karo mujhe kiski baat sunni hai.
Sid: Arun gaadi mat rukana yaar, yeh pagal utar jaayegi.
Arun: Please madam jee. Car se mat utar na. Sir se baat karlo. Agar fir bhi koi problem hue to Mai aapke liye dusri gaadi mangva dunga.
    Arun told the driver to stop the car. He halted it at an isolated dhaba. Arun and driver got down. Sid turned towards Sana, furious now. He saw Sana too fuming with anger.
Sid: Yeh kya pagalpan hai Jaana??
Sana: Tu bata?? Mujhse kya puch raha hai??
Sid: Yeh baccho ke jaise gaadi se neeche utarne ke zid??
Sana: Aur tune jo apna muh fulaya hai uska kya??
Sid: To tu kahi bhi aise uthar jaayegi??
Sana: Haa.
Sid: Kamaal hai bhai. Yeh konsa tarika hai??
Sana: Yeh mera tarika hai.
Sid: Ha aisa pagalo wala tarika tera he ho sakta hai.
Sana: Ab tu mujhse baat nhi kar raha. Mujhe kuch bata nhi raha hai to Mai kya karu??
Sid: To tu yeh aise....
Sana: Ha aise he..... Ab batayega kya baat hai??
Sid: Mai nhi bata raha kuch bhi.
Sana: Accha. Thek hai. Fir Mai Arun ko bolti hu mere liye dusri car arrange kare.
Sid: Arun ki tange na tood du mai??
Sana: Thek hai, fir tum sab jaao. Mai apne liye gaadi khud mangva lunga.
    Sana turned to open the door of the car. Sid pulled her and she fell in his arms. Their eyes met, then Sid looked away and Sana sat upright. Both did not speak for sometime. Then Sid turned and looked at Sana.
Sid: Tune yeh kyu kaha ki tujhe farak nhi padta Mai kisi ke bhi saat rahu??
    Sana looked at him, and recalled that conversation.
Sana: Siddharth.....
Sid: Kya sach me tujhe koi farak nhi padta??
    Sana looked down at her folded hands. Sid lifted her face with his finger.
Sid: Bol na Jaana??
Sana: Siddharth mujhe koi haq nhi hai, bura manne ka.
Sid: Agar Mai tujhe haq du to??
Sana: Na tu de sakta hai, aur na Mai le sakti hu.
    Sid bowed his head as tears started flowing from his eyes. Sana saw, drops falling on his hand. She lifted his face with both her hands.
Sana: Siddharth tune kaha tha na, ke hamare beech yeh dosti ka rishta to kayam rahe?? Aur Mai tujhe sambhalu agar tu bahek jaaye??
Sid: Hmmm. Par jaana.....
Sana: Shhhh..... Kuch mat bol. Bas chup ho jaa.
    Sana took Sid in her arms and he went willingly hugging her tight to himself.

Click on the⭐ And drop a 💬 if you liked this chapter.